Photo

Any ideas to make the site more appealing?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#21 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

What kind of features would you hope for?

I don't really care if the site gets any changes but clearly people have different opinions to us and you know that. 

#22 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

I'd like the mobile site to be improved, but you guys did make it clear that will not be a possibility.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#23 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

We need less pessimists like Syks-01 or Djlewe. 

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#24 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

We need less pessimists like Syks-01 or Djlewe.

They're not pessimists, they're just Sony fangirls.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#25 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

It'll probably pick up when there's more interesting gaming news (specifically Wii U news).

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#26 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

Nollog, on 08 Sept 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:They're not pessimists, they're just Sony fangirls.
lol

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#27 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

This site is already pretty appealing.

I'd suggest some things to make this site more appealing, but they wouldn't be family-friendly at all.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#28 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

They're not pessimists, they're just Sony fangirls.

Dis WILL luk gud soo good on PS4 :D Nintendo dissapointing. I luv 3Ds tho. oh yah, wii u sux

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#29 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

Dis WILL luk gud soo good on PS4 :D Nintendo dissapointing. I luv 3Ds tho. oh yah, wii u sux

And they like to throw you off by making the 1/100 post praising nintendo.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#30 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

If people weren't so unjust and out of conduct then this site could be appealing again, but I don't see that happening.

This site used to be proper, but the way people have been posting and acting, it has gone to hell.

This is coming from a user who has basically been here since the beginning #wii2blog #wii2forums. What was once a great, thriving, welcome-friendly, lovable forum, has turned into a 3DSForums. Heck, the Guides was probably the best thing that happened to this forum, but it was short-lived.

The original administrator is no longer here in a sense, just like 3DSF. The only reason this site is still up and going is because of MLP's ad revenue, because Feld0 has stopped paying for this site.

No one even makes a decent post these days, either. It's only a sentence or two, a gif or a pic. It's not a well thought out and coherent post, it's a garbage post to get likes. Not to mention, most of all the topics are unoriginal, copying and pasting an article from mynintendonews, someone whining, and a pointless rehash RP&Forum game. 

If we went back to the ways that the site was in 2011 or early 2012, this site would be fantastic and would be "more appealing". 

I don't mean any hate towards any member here, I'm just explaining what this once great site has become. 

#31 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

I've used a lot of forums, and this one is one that I love the most. I do only pop in now and then because theres not much to talk about. But I do love how nice and simple and beautiful this forum is. One of the best designed thats for sure.

Stupid Snowmads!

#32 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

If people weren't so unjust and out of conduct then this site could be appealing again, but I don't see that happening.

This site used to be proper, but the way people have been posting and acting, it has gone to hell.
This is coming from a user who has basically been here since the beginning #wii2blog #wii2forums. What was once a great, thriving, welcome-friendly, lovable forum, has turned into a 3DSForums. Heck, the Guides was probably the best thing that happened to this forum, but it was short-lived.

The original administrator is no longer here in a sense, just like 3DSF. The only reason this site is still up and going is because of MLP's ad revenue, because Feld0 has stopped paying for this site.

No one even makes a decent post these days, either. It's only a sentence or two, a gif or a pic. It's not a well thought out and coherent post, it's a garbage post to get likes. Not to mention, most of all the topics are unoriginal, copying and pasting an article from mynintendonews, someone whining, and a pointless rehash RP&Forum game. 

If we went back to the ways that the site was in 2011 or early 2012, this site would be fantastic and would be "more appealing". 

I don't mean any hate towards any member here, I'm just explaining what this once great site has become.

Same members, same content.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#33 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

Show boobs... Pretty sure people will start staying here then.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#34 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

Same members, same content.

Apparently so.  -_-

Show boobs... Pretty sure people will start staying here then.

See, now this is why we can't have nice things. This is a Nintendo forum, not 4chan or whatever other crap is on the internet. :P

#35 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

What kind of features would you hope for?

Chaaaat

Hmmm? What? oh... uh, none...

Once again I think this has to do with lack of content. If there are no good issues to post about then what do you think people are going to do?

If the UN didn't have issues to deal with all the time, then what do you think they'd do? Probably drink all day and essentially turn into a fraternity (joking)!

But seriously, I think it's just lack of cool things to talk about :/

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#36 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

Chaaaat
Hmmm? What? oh... uh, none...

Chat was here for years, then 3dsforums.com members arrived and destroyed it in the space of 6 months.

lmao ipb, i was so tempted to leave that in but nah.

Edited by Nollog, 08 September 2013 - 11:04 AM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#37 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

Chat was here for years, then 3dsforums.com members arrived and destroyed it in the space of 6 months.

lmao ipb, i was so tempted to leave that in but nah.

Well they're not here anymore, right? :3

Anyway, I just like having chat. Makes getting to know people 

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

easier.

Edited by xWydrAx, 08 September 2013 - 11:19 AM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#38 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

POPULAR

Well they're not here anymore, right? :3

Anyway, I just like having chat. Makes getting to know people 

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

easier.

Several users here proved otherwise.

#39 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

Several users here proved otherwise.