GodisaGeek – 10/10
Videogamer – 10/10
Akihabarablues – 100/100
Xbox 360 Achievements – 100/100
LaPS3.com – 100/100
Metro - 10/10
jeuxvideo.com - 18/20
gamesradar - 5/5

One thing I'm certain of is that most of them didn't even manage to finish the game and probably rushed their verdict. Anyway, will you be getting the game?

Edited by TriplePower, 16 September 2013 - 11:31 PM.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#2 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

Already got it and its worth the high scores,bloody AMAZING game

#3 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

Awesome game so far so yeah

#4 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

I never really liked the GTA games, but a game getting these reviews can't be bad.

#5 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

Maybe I should pick it up..
No sig.

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

maybe one day rockstar north and nintendo can come to an agreement until that day i still havent played a grand theft auto game. man WWHD 3 days to go and you are all mine.

#7 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:18 AM

This review from Metacritic is kind of interesting. Maybe it's fake, I mean, I'm quite sure not all magazines would force their reviewers to give it at least a 9, so there would be at least one or two more than The Escapist agreeing. But who knows, right?

"First I would like to state that I have been a GTA fan since the GTA Vice city has been released.I work in a well known Video Game magazine and have decided to write this review because I want people to know what this game is really worth.In my official review I was not allowed to give the game a score of less than 90 out of 100.Let me say that I have played the game on both PS3 and Xbox 360 game systems.
I must admit that the graphics are really beautiful even though when compared to other games' graphics like Battlefield 3 or Crysis 2 it doesn't really stand a chance.Also I have to say how disappointing the animations are especially in a game of this size.I will give graphics a 6.5/10.
If there is something that RockStar has done really well that is the controls. This one will take a 10/10 for obvious reasons for anyone who has already played the game.
As far as story and characters are concerned I don't think they are exactly the strongest point of GTA V. The story is a bit boring and I don't feel connected to the characters at all.Thus Story will get a 5/10.
Gameplay-wise the game is awesome.I love all the new things you can do(MTB FTW!!)So for me gameplay deserves a 9.5/10.Also the world is big to explore and there are quite a few activities to do.However I believe that GTA's back can't really carry such a huge weight. thus World size should be a bit smaller so that it does not take ages to jump from mission to mission.8/10 fro World Size Choice.
After so many hours of gameplay I have come across too many bugs(even more than Skyrim's when it was first released.And to say the truth some of them are game-breaking for me.So playability(putting controls aside) will take a 3/10.
I am not gonna rate the AI as it feels too much scripted and the AI was never the strongest point of the GTA series.
All in all I am gonna give this game a 7/10.It certainly has pontentials but at its current state is not better than GTA 4."

#8 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

Of course it's getting 9/10s, 10/10s.

It's another overhyped "AAA" title from Rockstar that changes very little from GTA4. Although you'll never see any review from a gaming "journalism" website stating this.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#9 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

They deserved it! :)

All the work they spend on it was it really worth. ;)

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#10 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

Just picked it up, hopefully it'll live up to the scores (hopefully)

By the way, have they also played the multiplayer because it seems kind of stupid to just review one aspect of the game (the singleplayer) and not the other.

It's another overhyped "AAA" title from Rockstar that changes very little from GTA4. Although you'll never see any review from a gaming "journalism" website stating this.

Have you fully played the game yet? Not that I don't agree but I like to reserve judgements until I've actually played something.

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

GC onlu plays Nintendo systems

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#12 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

I disagree. Yes there is a lot of hype surrounding it, especially this one, but that doesn't mean it doesn't deserve high scores. I have only played it for a couple of hours so far but I would say it is the best GTA yet. They have taken all the best bits of San Andreas (previously the best GTA) and all the best bits of GTA IV and put them together in a massive open world where there are hours and hours of fun gameplay.

I'm curious if you have gotten a chance to play it properly yet? If you have then maybe it's not your kind of game, but I wouldn't judge it until you have put at least a couple of hours into it.

#13 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

Already got it and it is nice. Looks great, the world has a more real feel to it. And missions are cool. Great game can't wait to see how everything unfolds.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#14 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

This is NOTHING like gta4 at all,its more like the old gtas but MUCH MUCH better,i agree on this being the best gta ever,ive played around 5 hrs and it just gets better and better,imo its not just the best gta,its one of the BEST games EVER made and thats no exageration

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

I disagree. Yes there is a lot of hype surrounding it, especially this one, but that doesn't mean it doesn't deserve high scores. I have only played it for a couple of hours so far but I would say it is the best GTA yet. They have taken all the best bits of San Andreas (previously the best GTA) and all the best bits of GTA IV and put them together in a massive open world where there are hours and hours of fun gameplay.

I'm curious if you have gotten a chance to play it properly yet? If you have then maybe it's not your kind of game, but I wouldn't judge it until you have put at least a couple of hours into it.

Yeah, just because the mindless gamz gernolists would have scored it perfectly whether it was a festering terd or a golden goose doesnt negate the chance of tue game being good.

It just further solidifies the uselessness of gamz girnolism.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

GC onlu plays Nintendo systems

:looks at my signature:

Yup, only Nintendo systems. Yup.

• Doc likes this

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#17 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

These scores just go to show what an overrated franchise GTA is.

#18 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

:looks at my signature: Yup, only Nintendo systems. Yup.

Calm down lady.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

These scores just go to show what an overrated franchise GTA is.

Absolutely overrated. Of course it is important to remember that overrated is not synonymous with 'bad' or 'poor', or any measure of quality good or bad. But that the game is rated, in this case highly, by the media at large, without really even being given an objective critical look. Its a manufactured scenario that the majority (or at least the most vocal) of the demographic are so brainwashed that they demonstratably cant do without it.

It could be good, it could be horrible, it could be meh, it could be great. We cant rely on any other first or second hand experiences except our own because gamz girnolists are generally worthless.

Its looking like im going to have to skip this one, because whilst it appears, as usual, they have a message contrary to what actually goes on tin the game, they just dialed it up to 11 on this one and is entirely to machiavellian with using the crassness to get to the underlying message, and after breaking my almost complete blackout and watching videos with audio... It really is too much now. This would make my wife extremely uncomfortable... And probably angry.

Real shame too. Seems like a real return to form, and even evolution gameplay wise.
  • Doc likes this

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

if you dont get this then you are missing out on one of the greatest and most fun games ever made,it really is that good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!