100 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

here is the direct quote from Iwata...

"Having said that, however, as I mentioned, it is true that, in some software areas, we need to be engaged in the power games. Take The Legend of Zelda franchise, for example, the fans must be looking for the graphic representations that they do not see as cheap at all when the title is released for the Wii U. When it is necessary, we do not hesitate to role out our resources."

Im thinking this is why they have refused to show zelda. They know it must be a showstopper, and internet goers are too damn obtuse to recognize the potential of a work in progress.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 Grooseland

Grooseland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

Didn't Iwata said something similar a couple of years a go? 

Here it is:

"It (Monster Hunter Tri) has placed the Zelda team under a considerable amount of pressure (in graphics)"

Tsujimoto, the game's producer, said the goal of "the best graphics ever seen on the Wii console" was of paramount importance to the team.

http://www.gamasutra..._Zelda_Team.php

And we got Skyward Sword...

While I think Skyward Sword is a beautiful game, I don't think it has the best graphics on the original Wii.

Time will tell, but I will not be surprised if they do another cel shaded type Zelda or another radical change in graphics style.

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

Didn't Iwata said something similar a couple of years a go? 

Here it is:

"It (Monster Hunter Tri) has placed the 

Zelda team under a considerable amount of pressure (in graphics)"

Tsujimoto, the game's producer, said the goal of "the best graphics ever seen on the Wii console" was of paramount importance to the team.

While I think Skyward Sword is a beautiful game, I don't think it has the best graphics on the original Wii.

Time will tell, but I will not be surprised if they do another cel shaded type Zelda or another radical change in graphics style.

Its pretty damn close. Its definately one of the most advanced games on the wii, with ai controlled procedural animation, nintendos own version of digital molecular matter, interactive tesselation, and dozens upon dozens of enemies on screen at once.

for raw visual effects fidelity, Other M takes the wii crown. Baby baby baby!!! Baby baby!!! BABY!!!

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 Grooseland

Grooseland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

Zelda team under a considerable amount of pressure (in graphics)"

Its pretty damn close. Its definately one of the most advanced games on the wii, with ai controlled procedural animation, nintendos own version of digital molecular matter, interactive tesselation, and dozens upon dozens of enemies on screen at once.

for raw visual effects fidelity, Other M takes the wii crown. Baby baby baby!!! Baby baby!!! BABY!!!

Wow, I didn't know that. Now that I remember, I did see some of the examples you mentioned in the the game like the dozens and dozens of enemies when you chase Ghirahim down the spiral or the sand being tesselated. I really don't know how to indentify the digital molecular matter thing... :blush: Can you mention an example of this in the game?  :D

#25 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

Im thinking this is why they have refused to show zelda. They know it must be a showstopper, and internet goers are too damn obtuse to recognize the potential of a work in progress.

Like i said im willing to stand by my predictions when Zelda U launches its going to blow minds and be one of the BEST looking titles of the generation.

#26 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:11 AM

Like i said im willing to stand by my predictions when Zelda U launches its going to blow minds and be one of the BEST looking titles of the generation.

It's so healthy to put the entire system's faith in one single game. Whit this much (unnecessary) hype, believe me when I say that you will be disappointed.
If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#27 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

It's so healthy to put the entire system's faith in one single game. Whit this much (unnecessary) hype, believe me when I say that you will be disappointed.

what are you talking about? we are talking graphics here. system faith? there are already great looking titles on this console and 2014 are gonna blow the doors open. The fact is Zelda U is going to take it a step further. HYPE has nothing to do with it look above im only going off of what the company itself CEO is saying about the title. Look at Zelda HD demo the lighting in that REALTIME DEMO.... not CG demo like a lot of people make. it shows so much room for improvement which im sure will happen. plain and simple Nintendo is going to really flex the cnsoles mucles with the Zelda U title.

#28 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

Wow, I didn't know that. Now that I remember, I did see some of the examples you mentioned in the the game like the dozens and dozens of enemies when you chase Ghirahim down the spiral or the sand being tesselated. I really don't know how to indentify the digital molecular matter thing... :blush: Can you mention an example of this in the game?  :D

Materials that can be cut at any angle, in order to do this, the game has to identify the angle the player sliced, and where the contact was made, it has to subdivide (tesselate) new polygons alongthat line, creating two new assets in real time, same must be done with the new texture, its a very simplified version of real dmm, but it is the same fundamental solution. This is why you could cut anything cuttable into any shape on skyward sword, down to tiny slivers, instead of premade slice assets like in previous zeldas or most other games.

Star wars force unleashed used real dmm on 360, sparingly, metal gear rising used platinums version to slice up baddies, and its implemented in tw101. But being done on wii? Thats just plain impressive. Wii sports, wii sports resort, and excite truck (not bots) also used interactive tesselation in similar ways.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#29 Grooseland

Grooseland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

Materials that can be cut at any angle, in order to do this, the game has to identify the angle the player sliced, and where the contact was made, it has to subdivide (tesselate) new polygons alongthat line, creating two new assets in real time, same must be done with the new texture, its a very simplified version of real dmm, but it is the same fundamental solution. This is why you could cut anything cuttable into any shape on skyward sword, down to tiny slivers, instead of premade slice assets like in previous zeldas or most other games.

Star wars force unleashed used real dmm on 360, sparingly, metal gear rising used platinums version to slice up baddies, and its implemented in tw101. But being done on wii? Thats just plain impressive. Wii sports, wii sports resort, and excite truck (not bots) also used interactive tesselation in similar ways.

Ah, thank you for your response. Now that I think about it, Zelda Wii U will do amazing things.

#30 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

Cry engine 4  looks fantastic but i don't feel like it suits legend of Zelda

#31 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

Nintendo will be using a proprietary engine for Zelda.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#32 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

cry engine 4 is not for zelda but it is for metroid or conduit 3

Edited by Falco, 07 October 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#33 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

So X.

hopefully it's not an rpg.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#34 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros 4 are pretty much pushing the Wii U to the edge.

794144.png?13383682

#35 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

hopefully it's not an rpg.

Funny you

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#36 krizzx

krizzx

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Making a game to show the "full" power of the Wii U will take years. People seem to have forgotten how long developing an HD game takes. I've heard people remark about Nintendo not having big games out on the Wii U many times. The system isn't even a year old an major HD games generally take a good 2 years to produce.

Maybe Call of Duty has distorted people's perception of game development. Of course even then, its a different team alternating year after year I believe, so its more like Treyarch releases one every to years and then Inifity Ward the other.

#37 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

Doesn't matter.
But it will take time for them to turn out better graphic. The devs need time to understand the code and get it fine tune to push everything out nice and smooth.

Just look at the ps3 and xbox day one games vs the ones now.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#38 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

From what we have seen so far:

Mario 3D World is showing off some stunning graphics. Seriously next gen looking. 

Everything looks perfect. Can't even imagine and improvement on those graphics.

Donkey Kong Country: TF is also looking awesome. Not quite as "perfect," but the characters themselves are astounding. In some cases, looking near-CGI quality (minus some aliasing close up).

X looks better every time they show it and already is showcasing amazing visuals.

Yoshi.

Games that have potential to be jaw dropping:

Zelda Wii U. The new Zelda has the potential to be a serious showcase with the characters, the fantasy setting, the particle effects, locales, weather, etc. 

And if the dev team rumors are true, it will seriously deliver on the graphical front like no other.

Metroid - If Halo4 looked that good on 360, Metroid is going to kill on the Wii U. another perfect opportunity to showcase graphics.

F-Zero.

Numerous third party games have the potential to really push the envelope - but that's only if the effort is put in - and that's a mighty big "if" apparently.

Note: I left out Smash Brothers so far simply because the character models and backgrounds are so inconsistent. some character models are astoundingly well done while others don't really look Wii U worthy. And the backgrounds simply arent' there yet. Reserving judgement for future footage. it must be said though, that with the number of characters on screen, the extreme pace, the crazy environments and interactions along with the camera work easily make this ok.

New Metroid would be amazing!!!

#39 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

They did say they were thinking about showing Zelda at E3 this year, but decided not to at the last minute.

It's kind of a shame, but it's impressive they had at least a demo version up and running so quickly.

If they had shown it, though, it would have had us all hyped for a game that's not going to come out for a looong time. And that'd suck (Smash Bros.!!!1!1!!!1!!!!!!!1!one!!1!!1).

Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros 4 are pretty much pushing the Wii U to the edge.

I hope you mean power-wise, because graphic-wise I think the Wii U can do a bit better than that.

The devs probably need more time to work out the little tricks of the system to get games looking better.

If you meant that the hardware couldn't be pushed much further then carry on, don't mind me.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#40 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:51 AM

cry engine 4 is not for zelda but it is for metroid or conduit 3

Wasn't Metroid Prime using Unreal Engine 2.0/2.5 on the Wii?

Edited by namkotje, 08 October 2013 - 02:51 AM.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!