#1 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

I'm sure i'm not the only one, but I think the Wii U's OS design is really outdated compared to the Xbox 360/one or the PS3/4. So I decided I might as well make a concept of what I think nintendo should remove add and change. Also take note my photoshop skills aren't too swell.

If you love the Wii U's OS, you better get out of here while you can.

SIMPLE CONCEPT (hybrid of the Xbox 360, iOS 7 and Windows 8):

Home Menu Screen: 

Your disc game is now a large icon on the home screen. All your Virtual Console games can be located inside the virtual console folder now (will be detailed in the next few pictures). The eShop is now a icon on the screen which can show you new games without the need to go into the store. The Wii Menu is now open in the background, and useable with the tap of the screen and opened in an instant. Friends list is now an app on the bottom bar. The background is also dynamic and changeable (iOS 7 background foolishly used here).

ASeZuds.png

In game notifications: 

Want to know if a friend is online? Miiverse comment? Message? Friend Request? Someone just trying to annoy you during your game session? In game notifications tell you that all without having to go into the suspend menu.

lZczOmF.png

Still working on concepts for a party system and better profile.

794144.png?13383682

#2 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

It looks good but it reminds me so much of XBOX 360's menu and it somehow doesn't contain that specific Nintendo feel.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#3 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

Yeah the metro thing is too recognizable as Microsoft. But the HUD would be useful.

It'd be nice if it brought emphasis to the home button. Kind of like a central ticker tape thing. And the home screen could be more useful, with a list of all of the latest notifications without requiring you to jump into the Notifications app or Miiverse.

This is all I can come up with though.

HUD.jpg

I don't think there's really anything wrong with the app screen. I've been playing with the home menu a little bit to try to fit n something like Blackberry's hub, but there's not as much room unless to take the old Xbox 360's blade interface.

Edited by grahamf, 30 September 2013 - 02:30 AM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#4 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

I wouldn't really change the main menu, but I would make it that you can send text messages to other people whilst in game and I do think that it should appear in the screen.

I mean the main menu is only used for choosing and selecting apps, so I don't think it needs a mega re-design, but alternations to the OS do need to be made.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#5 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

Seems pretty cool actually.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#6 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

I'm with everyone else. I like the Wii U menu more, because it just feels more... Nintendo.

Your design looks a LOT like Windows 8, and that really colourful and flay style just isn't something Nintendo would do, and it would just feel weird and out of place as a Nintendo console. Nintendo goes for more of that simplistic primarily white, clean design, and without that, it feels like something is missing.

I still like your design as UI, it looks cool, I just wouldn't want it for a Nintendo system. I ofc also like the idea of in game Notifications. Useful stuff.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#7 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

I like it.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#8 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

I'm sure i'm not the only one, but I think the Wii U's OS design is really outdated compared to the Xbox 360/one or the PS3/4. So I decided I might as well make a concept of what I think nintendo should remove add and change. Also take note my photoshop skills aren't too swell.

Home Menu Screen: 

Your disc game is now a large icon on the home screen. All your Virtual Console games can be located inside the virtual console folder now (will be detailed in the next few pictures). The eShop is now a icon on the screen which can show you new games without the need to go into the store. The Wii Menu is now open in the background, and useable with the tap of the screen and opened in an instant. Friends list is now an app on the bottom bar. The background is also dynamic and changeable (iOS 7 background foolishly used here).

ASeZuds.png

In game notifications: 

Want to know if a friend is online? Miiverse comment? Message? Friend Request? Someone just trying to annoy you during your game session? In game notifications tell you that all without having to go into the suspend menu.

lZczOmF.png

Very nice!

While it does bear a resemblance to Metro UI, it is light years ahead of the shambles that make up the Wii U UI.

I am working on something as well and I hope someone somewhere at Nintendo gets the hint.

Even little kids want something that looks nice, neat, and "cool"

The truth is that all design is going more minimalist and "flat."

the key is to retain some elements that sparkle with character, but don't let it dominate the UI.

I have also found cheap, amateur graphical mistakes in the Nintendo Ui that I can't believe someone was paid to do.

Home Menu Screen: 

ASeZuds.png

In game notifications: 

lZczOmF.png

Very nice!

While it does bear a resemblance to Metro UI, it is light years ahead of the shambles that make up the Wii U UI.

I am working on something as well and I hope someone somewhere at Nintendo gets the hint.

Even little kids want something that looks nice, neat, and "cool"

The truth is that all design is going more minimalist and "flat."

the key is to retain some elements that sparkle with character, but don't let it dominate the UI.

I have also found cheap, amateur graphical mistakes in the Nintendo Ui that I can't believe someone was paid to do.

#9 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

it is light years ahead of the shambles that make up the Wii U UI.

That's a huge exaggeration.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#10 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

That's a huge exaggeration.

actually, it's not.

the wii u is awesome. the os ui is the complete opposite of that.

And look a the arrows on the sides of the home screen, they look ok. outdated, but ok. now tap one. notic how the highlight is now? the highlight should stop at the edge of the arrow object. insted, it extends onto the drop shadow. its visually a small error, but it is an astronomically huge error in terms of the person using the graphic tools to design it.there ae multiple others, but this is pretty obvious.

still can't believe someone was paid to do this. they really need to hire a quality graphic designer for the ui.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 04 October 2013 - 12:22 AM.

#11 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

actually, it's not.

And look a the arrows on the sides of the home screen, they look ok. outdated, but ok. now tap one. notic how the highlight is now? the highlight should stop at the edge of the arrow object. insted, it extends onto the drop shadow. its visually a small error, but it is an astronomically huge error in terms of the person using the graphic tools to design it.there ae multiple others, but this is pretty obvious.

still can't believe someone was paid to do this. they really need to hire a quality graphic designer for the ui.

Wow. This clearly means the UI is terrible. It's clean looking, easy to use and understand, well organized, or allows you to do a variety of important things with relative ease.But that light extends onto the drop shadow, so this cancels all the good things, and immediately makes it a terrible UI.

Also, the UI, just because it's not flat like Abcdude's, doesn't mean it's outdated. It's not like it's some 90's design, and it looks super ancient. It's maybe 5 years old tops.

Also, I hope you realize, that the oh-so popular flat look will probably turn 3d again eventually. What then?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#12 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

Wow. This clearly means the UI is terrible. It's clean looking, easy to use and understand, well organized, or allows you to do a variety of important things with relative ease.But that light extends onto the drop shadow, so this cancels all the good things, and immediately makes it a terrible UI.
Also, the UI, just because it's not flat like Abcdude's, doesn't mean it's outdated. It's not like it's some 90's design, and it looks super ancient. It's maybe 5 years old tops.
Also, I hope you realize, that the oh-so popular flat look will probably turn 3d again eventually. What then?

the last statement is true.

psychologically, the whole reason for the popularity of flt design is because of the oover abundance of 3d and skeuomorphism.

but the nintendo wii u ui is pretty bad even with "flat design" left out of the equation.

#13 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

actually, it's not.

I also heavily disagree. Metro UI is by far the worst UI I've ever seen: flat, ugly, unintuitive. On a Nintendo console, it would be unsuable. You need multitouch which the Gamepad can't provide. On the TV, since you can't swipe away, you'll have to navigate manually in a mess of squares and rectangles. I've always hated the last XBox360 UI for a reason: everything's lost in a mess of flat rectangles. That's the main reason I've stayed with Windows 7 and I don't want Nintendo to fall for that stupid flat look.

However, I don't say that the WiiU UI is the best. Could it be better? Yes. Could it be faster? Most definitely.

Let's have a list of stuff that could be added and improved:

Operating System

• [CONFIRMED] OS Speed Boost
  • Merge Wii Menu with Wii U Menu
  • Merge HOME Menu with Wii U Menu
  • Unified UI (Wii U, 3DS and Web apps such as Miiverse and eShop)

System Settings

• Optional Game Installs
  • Transfer tool between Wii U's
  • Enable Full RGB Color option
  • Allow HDMI Video and Component Sound at the same time
  • Parental Controls available through System Settings

Wii U GamePad

• Turn Off/On the GamePad's screen by pressing the POWER button
  • Turn Off the Wii U by pressing the POWER button more than 3 seconds
  • Enable Voice Commands using the Wii U GamePad's microphone

Wara Wara Plaza

• Wara Wara Plaza Plug-ins (example: Animal Crossing Plaza - Mii's turn into animals, city tree at the center, etc.)
  • Add a Featured Shows section/icon (powered by Nintendo TVii)
  • Access most Miiverse, eShop and TVii information directly, regarding a Mii/Icon (such as comments, yeahs and views)
  • Ability to display more icons/rearrange them in different ways
  • Add a hovering title above Featured Applications
  • Real-time Weather and Current Time from your current location (powered by Google/Wii Street U) (example: if it's currently night time, it's night time in the Wara Wara Plaza too, if its raining, its raining in the Wara Wara Plaza too (Miis with Umbrellas = Awesome)

Wii U Menu / HOME Menu

• Folders
  • Wallpapers (with Parallax Effect) free/sold on Nintendo eShop
  • Miiverse tab in Wii U Menu (Preview Mode - Highlights, Friend List, Messages and Wii Chat U (prompt))
  • Nintendo eShop tab (Preview Mode - Weekly Highlights)
  • Nintendo TVii tab (Preview Mode - Favorite Shows Highlights)
  • Notifications tab in Wii U Menu (Full App, similarly to iOS/Android)
  • Personal Mii Customization tab
  • Image Gallery application (USB HDD or SD Card)
  • Video Playback application with support for subttitles (USB HDD or SD Card)

Mii Editor

• Customize your personal Mii with Nintendo-themed hats and other clothes bought with Accomplishment Points (similarly to StreetPass Mii Plaza on 3DS)

Nintendo Network ID

• Temporary Log-In on a Registered Friend's Wii U
  • Temporary Game Sharing (24 hours max. for example) while logged in
  • Cloud Saves (allows to continue a game on friends house, excellent for Super Smash Bros.)

Miiverse

• Unified Accomplishments System
  • Save screenshots before posting them
  • Merge with Friend List
  • Allow for more than 100 Friends
  • Profile Cover: attach a Game Picture taken by you as your cover(example: Art Academy sketches, Pikmin 3 photos), similarly to Game Pages
  • Activity Log: Game Statistics and Game Library sharing
  • Invite/Join Friend on an online multiplayer room (similarly to 3DS Friend List)
  • Share with Social Media Websites such as Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr [[YouTube, Ustream, Twitch.tv]] (currently only on Web version)
  • [STRETCH] Gameplay Streaming / 10 second Game Video sharing

Nintendo eShop

• [CONFIRMED] Unified Nintendo eShop (Wii U/3DS/Web)
  • Remote-Buy (Wii U/3DS/Web)
  • Account based purchases (possible to transfer purchases to a different console if needed)
  • Written reviews, published on Miiverse with a "Review" tag (up to 200 characters)
  • Ability to Gift games.
  • Better layout of games and categories (example: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Virtual Cosole, Indies, Videos)
  • [CONFIRMED] Franchise-based categories (example: Mario, Zelda, Mega Man, Sonic, Metroid, Kirby, etc.)

Nintendo TVii

• Nintendo TVii comes to Europe
  • Redesigned UI to match the rest of the system
  • Video Playback directly on the application

Internet Browser

• More opened tabs simultaneously
  • Web History (up to 1000 pages for example)

Wii U Chat

• [CONFIRMED] Enable as a Multitasking Application
  • Cross-Game (Party) Chat / Video Call with Friends [during gameplay]
  • [CONFIRMED] Wii U to Smartphone/Tablet/PC calls

Notifications

• Unified Notifications System
  • On-screen pop-up and prompt when a new notification is available (Friend is online, new Miiverse Yeah!/Comment/Message, favorite show is on air on Nintendo TVii, Accomplishment, new update available, etc.)

Download Manager / SpotPass

• Merge with Notifications

(from the Wii U Summer/Fall Update thread, took the liberty to remove some stuff, especially if it contradicsts my post)

...and keep that Nintendo feel.

Seriously.

WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#14 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

^ Some of that stuff seriously needs to come, I'll be fine without it. But it's all a nice touch and will defiantly help people buy one. I know the OS is lacking because Nintendo didn't have enough time, they had a year. Is console OS harder to work on than say android (I know, probably different languages and stuff)? This is sorta ridiculous, they need more resources.

Stupid Snowmads!

#15 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

well i like the design. it works good for consoles and looks way better then the current boring ui.

2lvmghw.png

#16 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

The current design is good, but needs a lot of changes to catch up with even the PS4 and XBOX ONE OS's. 

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#17 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:39 AM

I also heavily disagree. Metro UI is by far the worst UI I've ever seen: flat, ugly, unintuitive. On a Nintendo console, it would be unsuable. You need multitouch which the Gamepad can't provide. On the TV, since you can't swipe away, you'll have to navigate manually in a mess of squares and rectangles. I've always hated the last XBox360 UI for a reason: everything's lost in a mess of flat rectangles. That's the main reason I've stayed with Windows 7 and I don't want Nintendo to fall for that stupid flat look.

However, I don't say that the WiiU UI is the best. Could it be better? Yes. Could it be faster? Most definitely.
Let's have a list of stuff that could be added and improved:

(from the Wii U Summer/Fall Update thread, took the liberty to remove some stuff, especially if it contradicsts my post)

...and keep that Nintendo feel.
Seriously.

the wii u ui is an iphone clone.

grid based app launcher? check.

dock? check.

rounded rectangle icons? check.

almost.

its the fisher price version.

Metro is pretty savvy, but i never said to use metro on wii u.

the ui would benefit from modern design trend.

there are a lot of aspects that can be done better.

and that nintendo feel?

every console has a ui of its own. the wii was the first to try to emulate apples "aqua" look to some degree.

it was considered modern when the wii came out.

the wii u ui feels stuck back at that time. thats why most feel it's outdated.

hopefully we get a modern ui next year. and by modern i dont mean stale. but something that looks current and sharp.

#18 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:54 AM

the wii u ui is an iphone clone.

grid based app launcher? check.

dock? check.

rounded rectangle icons? check.

almost.

its the fisher price version.

Metro is pretty savvy, but i never said to use metro on wii u.

the ui would benefit from modern design trend.

there are a lot of aspects that can be done better.

and that nintendo feel?

every console has a ui of its own. the wii was the first to try to emulate apples "aqua" look to some degree.

it was considered modern when the wii came out.

the wii u ui feels stuck back at that time. thats why most feel it's outdated.

hopefully we get a modern ui next year. and by modern i dont mean stale. but something that looks current and sharp.

*pinches his top part of the nose*

Do you think sincerely think that Nintendo wanted to "copy" Apple? I don't think they did. What they thought was probably "Hey! the 3DS UI is pretty good, so, we could use it on the U. But... there are too much options and so we need some shortcut. Let's put the most useful down there." And, it just happened to look like a dock from OSX and other Apple products. As you know, Nintendo avoid paying royalties like the pest. So much that they won't even pay for DVD playback (which needs DVD Forum licence), Or even CD-Rom!! For Blu-ray, I understand... you wouldn't pay rolyalties to one of your direct competitors, hmm? To top it off, they are copyright an*l-ist.

Personally, the flat "modern" look is just a fad. Oh wait. Apple used that flat look in iOS7. Then, something bad became good all of a sudden. And people hate Windows 8 for the Modern/Metro UI... go figure.

Anyway, what Nintendo really needs to focus on is to let people actually personallize their console. Add a wallpaper, change the color of the icons, folders, etc. Just a few ideas out of my head. Ninty has always the first to takes risks. So why not nnovate in the UI instead of following a fad trend? Why not innovate on something new?

Personally, I like the UI the way it is. Needs improvement, yes, but I still love its look.

WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#19 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

The point is, who cares? Nintendo still has a lot of work to do on the OS, and I'd prefer they work on functional improvements like a HUD then something like rewriting the app screen to be all metroy

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#20 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

*pinches his top part of the nose*

Do you think sincerely think that Nintendo wanted to "copy" Apple? I don't think they did. What they thought was probably "Hey! the 3DS UI is pretty good, so, we could use it on the U. But... there are too much options and so we need some shortcut. Let's put the most useful down there." And, it just happened to look like a dock from OSX and other Apple products. As you know, Nintendo avoid paying royalties like the pest. So much that they won't even pay for DVD playback (which needs DVD Forum licence), Or even CD-Rom!! For Blu-ray, I understand... you wouldn't pay rolyalties to one of your direct competitors, hmm? To top it off, they are copyright an*l-ist.

Personally, the flat "modern" look is just a fad. Oh wait. Apple used that flat look in iOS7. Then, something bad became good all of a sudden. And people hate Windows 8 for the Modern/Metro UI... go figure.

Anyway, what Nintendo really needs to focus on is to let people actually personallize their console. Add a wallpaper, change the color of the icons, folders, etc. Just a few ideas out of my head. Ninty has always the first to takes risks. So why not nnovate in the UI instead of following a fad trend? Why not innovate on something new?

Personally, I like the UI the way it is. Needs improvement, yes, but I still love its look.

Someone with brains in their head! Hurrah! :D :D

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!