#41 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

Is it THAT hard to make a clickable slider?

Besides, I'm pretty sure that one of the Devs. have said something about it, remember, it's consistently changing, and Nintendo listens to the devs.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#42 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

also i firmly beleive that clickable sliders are becoming a needed element for the controller. why limit the ability of the developers as someone was stating earlier i dont really see how bf3 could be done on the wii u controller as of now.

#43 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

^ Really? You didn't seem too unhappy about my earlier setup for the CoD example.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#44 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

I would prefer non clickeable sliders. It wasn't necessary an any game that I played. If that's the case why not add two more buttons like the Sega Genesis controllers were. It is a made up issue that doesn't really affect any game in any way. All buttons can be reassigned and it doesn't take a lot of work for developers to do that. Games for the XBox are not assigned the same way as a PS3 game. This is not an issue.

EDIT: I see many mistakes in my comment. I have fixed them now. I hope it makes since now.

Edited by Tre, 05 February 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#45 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

I would prefer none clickeable sliders. It wasn't necessary an any game that I played. If that's the case why not add two more buttons like the Sega Genesis controllers were. It is a made up issue that doesn't really affect any game in any way. All buttons can be reassigned and it is a lot of work for developers to do that. Games for the XBox are not assigned the same way as a PS3 game. This is not an issue.

1367065580450s.jpg

#46 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

Personally, I couldn't care less about clickable sliders. In fact I don't even want them. However, you have to admit there is in fact a use for them.
Posted Image

#47 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

^ Really? You didn't seem too unhappy about my earlier setup for the CoD example.

that is because i thought about it. before i just kind of accepted the fact that there would be no clickable sliders. But if there is a possiblity then i would much rather have them then to not.

#48 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

Eh, this was more directed to the last part of what you said, the part about BF3 not being possible.

AuzzieWingman.png

#49 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

All I can say is boo f-ing hoo. As for COD I dont want that trash on the Wii U. Let Microsoft make a new system that only plays COD games.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 06 February 2012 - 02:04 AM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#50 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:40 AM

All I can say is boo f-ing hoo. As for COD I dont want that trash on the Wii U. Let Microsoft make a new system that only plays COD games.

Considering how much CoD sells, even on the Wii, saying that you don't want CoD on the Wii U is perhaps one of the more foolhardy things you could say, in terms of defending the Wii U.

AuzzieWingman.png

#51 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:48 AM

Just curious, is it even possible to make sliders 'clickable'?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#52 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:50 AM

With enough fixed height, they can be.

AuzzieWingman.png

#53 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:54 AM

Yea, but, it would probably be too sensitive and people would probably keep accidentally pressing it.
Not to mention it may get jammed and the clicking would be no more. :(

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#54 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

I don't understand clickable sliders! How does that make sense? It only works with analog sticks.

You also need them to jump in many games. To open menus too.

#55 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:08 AM

Considering how much CoD sells, even on the Wii, saying that you don't want CoD on the Wii U is perhaps one of the more foolhardy things you could say, in terms of defending the Wii U.

My opinion doesnt change. I dont want the Wii U Online community to turn into the XBL one which is full of arrogant brain dead apes. The Nintendo community is not a bunch of baboons. With COD everyone of those drones will see that even COD would be better on the Wii U and then all the idiots who whine and brag and trash talk will be on the Nintendo Network and that would make alot of people miserable.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#56 Randomite

Randomite

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:39 AM

Errrrrm I have no problems if the controller has clickable sliders or not, a lot of the FPS are mapped to a default button setting and can be changed to suit a person...It may take some getting used to in some cases but before long it becomes natural after playing a game with time played.

This is why I always recommend playing the game in campaign/Single player before taking the fight online as this gives a chance for people to get used to the button placement beforehand..

#57 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:50 AM

My opinion doesnt change. I dont want the Wii U Online community to turn into the XBL one which is full of arrogant brain dead apes. The Nintendo community is not a bunch of baboons. With COD everyone of those drones will see that even COD would be better on the Wii U and then all the idiots who whine and brag and trash talk will be on the Nintendo Network and that would make alot of people miserable.

If you were expecting a nice happy family type of online, then you need to change that.
There is no way the Wii U is going to be any more pure than that of the PS3 and Xbox360. It's just how online gamers are, elitists to the bitter end.
If, in the end you can't hack it, either harden up, use reporting or don't use the online. Simple as that.

Now, with that out of the way, your opinion doesn't disqualify CoD titles on the Wii U being an asset to Nintendo.

AuzzieWingman.png

#58 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:25 AM

im confused were you refering to me saying cod wouldnt work on the wii u controller or me saying bf3 wouldnt work?

#59 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

non clickable sticks are actually kindof frustrating because if you have to use them a lot in games it will ruin your thumb sticks, for example on the 360 almost everyone i know has messed up thumb sticks and they end up feeling sticky after awile. the wii u might just be better off without it. i think its more comfortable to melee, crouch, sprint ,etc on the wii / 3ds for fps games anyway. plus their would be less drop shotters :D

Signature_Fox.png

#60 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

i just realized why this wont work and completly forgot why. there is no jump button assigned for the layout you just made

PANIC KNIFE

Whoops, I forgot something.

D-Pad Left was use to access the Inventory Sub Menu. On the Wii, you'd hold it down, then use the control stick on the nunchuk to either activate a killstreak, pick equipment, use attachments or activate NVG.

D-Pad Right was switch weapons, between the primary and secondary.

D-Pad Down was Knife. But for the most part, I usually just used motion control gestures on the Wii Remote because it was faster.

D-Pad Up was Jump.

I also kinda screwed up as well. Half of that is based on controls for a Wii U Controller, the other half for a Wii Remote. I think I need to do it again :P

AuzzieWingman.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clickable, sliders, analogue sticks, sprint, first person shooters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!