• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 Zuperman

Zuperman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

I think the Wii U should be compatible with a new CCP/GC type controller with no touch screen that can cover these type of issues. The U controller can just be a side feature that attracts people not so into gaming. Not that the screen isn't capable of improving games for dedicated gamers.
Posted Image

#62 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

Whoops, I forgot something.

D-Pad Left was use to access the Inventory Sub Menu. On the Wii, you'd hold it down, then use the control stick on the nunchuk to either activate a killstreak, pick equipment, use attachments or activate NVG.

D-Pad Right was switch weapons, between the primary and secondary.

D-Pad Down was Knife. But for the most part, I usually just used motion control gestures on the Wii Remote because it was faster.

D-Pad Up was Jump.

I also kinda screwed up as well. Half of that is based on controls for a Wii U Controller, the other half for a Wii Remote. I think I need to do it again :P

Eh its no big deal if you can find a way to fit the controls on the controller, then im sure developers can as well. with that being said i still would like to see thoose click sticks

Edited by Mr ECHO3, 07 February 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#63 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

I think the Wii U should be compatible with a new CCP/GC type controller with no touch screen that can cover these type of issues. The U controller can just be a side feature that attracts people not so into gaming. Not that the screen isn't capable of improving games for dedicated gamers.

Yes, they need to make a new heavier cooler CCP With RZ and LZ. They also need to make it wireless and connectable to the WiiU. Most of the CCP complaints were also because the real thin analog sticks. But I think it's more comfortable than a PS controller.

CCP2 Button Layout

DPad
Home
Analog 1 A1
Analog 2 A2
R
L
ZL
ZR

New:
RZ Analog Press
LZ Analog Press
Select
Start Instead of + and -

Posted Image
Something Like this
This is my favorite Classic Controller Pro

#64 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

If you were expecting a nice happy family type of online, then you need to change that.
There is no way the Wii U is going to be any more pure than that of the PS3 and Xbox360. It's just how online gamers are, elitists to the bitter end.
If, in the end you can't hack it, either harden up, use reporting or don't use the online. Simple as that.

Now, with that out of the way, your opinion doesn't disqualify CoD titles on the Wii U being an asset to Nintendo.

Nintendo's community is all about respect if your to blind to see that then thats your problem. Wii U will be the Savior of the gaming world. Harder up pff. Reporting will be done if necassary. Dont use the online at all? LOL your a baka.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#65 Shokio

Shokio

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero, SSB

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

You guys are over-looking the most simple soltuion to this problem.........

Double tapping the left slide pad up quickly could enable sprint. Some shooters on the PSP used this method for sprint. So actually, sprint won't need to be assigned to another button.

Another thing you guys gotta realize is that only first person shooters really require L3 and R3. That's just one genre. Third person shooters, adventure games, action games, racing, fighting, party, etc games don't require the 2 extra buttons.

So no clickable sliders isn't such a big deal as one would think. ALTHOUGH, they WOULD be welcome. They're only a good thing. I'm just sayin, thery're not a necessity.
Posted Image

#66 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

Double tapping the left slide pad up quickly could enable sprint. Some shooters on the PSP used this method for sprint. So actually, sprint won't need to be assigned to another button.

Another thing you guys gotta realize is that only first person shooters really require L3 and R3. That's just one genre. Third person shooters, adventure games, action games, racing, fighting, party, etc games don't require the 2 extra buttons.

So no clickable sliders isn't such a big deal as one would think. ALTHOUGH, they WOULD be welcome. They're only a good thing. I'm just sayin, thery're not a necessity.

about the shooters being only one genre, ur right, but its the dominant genre, and if the console is to be successful as it can be, it needs to support that genre fully. and the success matters because it means there will be better third party support (im sure u know).

about using up up as a sprint, im familiar with that control scheme and i must say its an inconvenience, it really is especially online when everything has to be fast paced, fast reactions, and smooth controls and in my opinion sprinting like that is not comfortable (just my opinion from personal experience).

however yes the system would not all of a sudden die without clickable sliders of course but if it is to have a shot at being the best and most successful, it really should have this simple adjustment to it
Posted Image

#67 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

Nintendo's community is all about respect if your to blind to see that then thats your problem.

I never said anything about Nintendo's community not being about respect. I'm just saying that's the fate of online gaming.

Wii U will be the Savior of the gaming world.

I hope it can be. Otherwise, Nintendo is officially screwed.

Harder up pff.

Pretty much. I remember when Black Ops was coming out on the Wii, we were all "We are the nice side of Black Ops" and all that. Being goody twoshoes and telling everyone to calm down.

Didn't last a week...

Dont use the online at all?

HERP A DERP WHO DOESN'T?

LOL your a baka.

Oh... I see how it is.
I see what this is truly all about now. Well sir...
Posted Image
CONSIDDER UR CHARRENGE AXEPTED!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#68 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

Got to ask but I know its a stupid question. Your the same Shokio from youtube arent you lol?

I never said anything about Nintendo's community not being about respect. I'm just saying that's the fate of online gaming.

I hope it can be. Otherwise, Nintendo is officially screwed.

Pretty much. I remember when Black Ops was coming out on the Wii, we were all "We are the nice side of Black Ops" and all that. Being goody twoshoes and telling everyone to calm down.

Didn't last a week...

HERP A DERP WHO DOESN'T?

Oh... I see how it is.
I see what this is truly all about now. Well sir...
Posted Image
CONSIDDER UR CHARRENGE AXEPTED!

LOL your an amusing one arent you.

#69 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

I've said it once, but I feel it was overlooked, so I'll say it again: Nintendo is listening to Devs. EA or Activition have probably told them about this, so I'm pretty sure it's taken care of.

And even if neither of them have, someone should've by now.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#70 Shokio

Shokio

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero, SSB

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

Got to ask but I know its a stupid question. Your the same Shokio from youtube arent you lol?

Yea it's me. Shokio isn't exactly a very common name lol.
Posted Image

#71 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

I've said it once, but I feel it was overlooked, so I'll say it again: Nintendo is listening to Devs. EA or Activition have probably told them about this, so I'm pretty sure it's taken care of.

You are probably right.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#72 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

Yea it's me. Shokio isn't exactly a very common name lol.

Indeed it isnt lol. Nice chatting with yah I have been subbed to you on youtube for quite sometime.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 09 February 2012 - 07:46 PM.

#73 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

Actually, that is wrong. Ever played NFL 2k5 RS=Hurdle. You use them in sports games to jump, dodge, or call plays on the run. So basically it's Mostly in Sports games or FPS'

#74 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:43 PM

Just curious, what games actually use clickable analogue sticks?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#75 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:10 AM

Just curious, what games actually use clickable analogue sticks?

Most FPS' since COD4, Halo Uses them for Aiming further with the sniper rifle, GTA III onwards use them to turn on the sirens on emergency vehicles and the special missions they come with. Practically just trivial things that can be replaced by buttons.

#76 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

Have to agree here. CoD fanatics can rant all they want about the necessity of clickable analog sticks, but what matters is how the devs get around this problem. If they can't find a decent way around it, they would probably be informing Nintendo to add such a function to the slide pads. Remember that CoD is likely in development for Wii U, so Treyarch would probably pressure Nintendo to add clicking if there isn't a workable alternative.

I read somewhere that the GC pad's Z button was added only at the devs' request, so it's not out of the question for some small modifications to happen to the Wii U tablet for the same reason.

Posted Image

#77 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

I admit the clickable analog sticks from other consoles are mainly used for FPSs. So Nintendo never bothered with, nor would be worried about the lack of, clickable analog controls. I'm sure there is a way to make the circle pads clickable, and Nintendo does want multiplatform games on the WiiU, but on the wii the sprint was set to a button (with Wiimote+Nunchuk it worked fine as A, But with the Classic controller it is a little annoying). The D-pad is underused in FPSs and what is done there could be done on the touch screen, or to save battery life could just be done through gestures or other directions on the dpad. I'm more worried as to whether the ZL ZR on the back are triggers or bumpers, id want triggers for driving games and Smash Bros nostalgia factor. (to be clear by triggers i mean pressure sensitive... Gamecube L R buttons are pressure sensitive)

Edited by SleepyGuyy, 12 February 2012 - 12:26 PM.

Posted Image

#78 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

Nintendo's community is all about respect if your to blind to see that then thats your problem. Wii U will be the Savior of the gaming world. Harder up pff. Reporting will be done if necassary. Dont use the online at all? LOL your a baka.

if you really think the nintendo network will differ from xbox live in terms of online user's and there maturity then you are sadly mistaken.

#79 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

if you really think the nintendo network will differ from xbox live in terms of online user's and there maturity then you are sadly mistaken.

Only if COD and their trash community comes over to the Wii U. Otherwise it is fine. And how can you not support the hope that we are better and more polite then the 360 baboons?

#80 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

Only if COD and their trash community comes over to the Wii U. Otherwise it is fine. And how can you not support the hope that we are better and more polite then the 360 baboons?

What makes the cod community trash? What problems have they ever caused you, if you don’t like cod or its community simply don’t play the damn games. Either way cod is welcomed as it will sell the Wii u as good as a Nintendo franchise could (Not Mario or Pokémon I admit).Listen to yourself you speak so highly of our community yet your name calling another because of an experience you may have had with Xbox live. You do realize that there are more than 10 million Xbox live users just because you run into a idiot online doesn’t mean everyone else is.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clickable, sliders, analogue sticks, sprint, first person shooters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!