Photo

*Throws an armchair* The Wii U is finish. (VGA SPOILERS)

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • NNID:McMurphy
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

Don't get me wrong: I really enjoy my Wii U. That said, it does feel like Nintendo has no clue or is just not interested in having a foothold in any niche market during this generation of consoles. The less they do now to gather consumer interest, the more important (and difficult) it will be that MK8 and Smash Bros to get the Wii U out of this downward spiral in regards to market share.

Edited by McMurphy, 07 December 2013 - 05:23 PM.

gunslinger_nintendowiiu_banner2.png

#22 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

you're cool

I'm a realist
No sig.

#23 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

My reaction when I heard him say Tropical Freeze:

1566773_o.gif

It was painful at the time but I took a long bath to think about my life and Nintendo's place in it...reminded myself I love Nintendo franchises and don't have the time/money/devotion to other consoles' franchises to warrant supplementing with a PS4 right now...feeling better.

Edited by kokirii, 07 December 2013 - 06:08 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#24 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

Meanwhile, Donkey Kong Country Returns still sold better than Metroid, Xenoblade, Zelda or whatever other hardcore Wii U savior you people are thinking of.

Edited by Molester Man, 07 December 2013 - 06:39 PM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#25 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

I want to see Cranky Reggie. I want to see Cranky Reggie beat people with his cane.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#26 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

Please understand.

#27 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

Meanwhile, Donkey Kong Country Returns still sold better than Metroid, Xenoblade, Zelda or whatever other hardcore Wii U savior you people are thinking of.

http://en.wikipedia....video_games#Wii
>Zeldo TP in top 15, at 5 million.

DKCR sold around 2-3 million, iirc.
I berieve skyword swardo sold 4, xenobrade who knows, with the terribly limited print in America, Metroid Trilogy had a 1.5 million LE print I think, along with the third which I think sold 2 million maybe perhaps 3.5? No idea about other m

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#28 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

Get over it. I wasn't expecting anything much. It was a little upsetting that they didn't announce something good, but it's nothing you all need to cry and Daisy about like you have been. Nintendo is a big company, you're all just people, people that don't have near as much knowledge as a big company does. Maybe Nintendo had a reason for keeping so secret, you don't know. Are you the person running the company?

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#29 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

Get over it. I wasn't expecting anything much. It was a little upsetting that they didn't announce something good, but it's nothing you all need to cry and Daisy about like you have been. Nintendo is a big company, you're all just people, people that don't have near as much knowledge as a big company does. Maybe Nintendo had a reason for keeping so secret, you don't know. Are you the person running the company?

That and it'd be a waste to make a big announcement at the VGAs. Seriously, they didn't attract much attention when they were on TV and I very much doubt THAT many people were watching the livestream. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Direct in the next few weeks that has better stuff to talk about.

Edited by Aiddon, 07 December 2013 - 08:12 PM.

#30 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

That and it'd be a waste to make a big announcement at the VGAs. Seriously, they didn't attract much enough when they were on TV and I very much doubt THAT many people were watching the livestream. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Direct in the next few weeks that has better stuff to talk about.

Cranky was trending #2 globally.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#31 XxNightfallxX

XxNightfallxX

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Blind Guardian, Elder Scrolls

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

to be fair, the entirety of the VGX awards is apparently a disgrace.  Nintendo just happened to have made several blunders in a questionable video game awards show that some people really hate.

well at least according to this video.

htp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nGEcFrHp4k

Edited by XxNightfallxX, 07 December 2013 - 07:54 PM.

#32 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

http://en.wikipedia....video_games#Wii
>Zeldo TP in top 15, at 5 million.

DKCR sold around 2-3 million, iirc.
I berieve skyword swardo sold 4, xenobrade who knows, with the terribly limited print in America, Metroid Trilogy had a 1.5 million LE print I think, along with the third which I think sold 2 million maybe perhaps 3.5? No idea about other m

Last time I checked, Donkey Kong sold 5-6 million copies.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#33 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

Last time I checked, Donkey Kong sold 5-6 million copies.

True the number is definately 5-6 mil.... But I wonder.... Are those people who so enjoyed 2d sidescrollers also the same ones who bought a wii u because it was a far more powerful system than the wii?

I dont think the majority of those people really cared enough to make the transition.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#34 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

POPULAR

They have reasons for being secretive? It must be their amazing Wii U console sales that justify this secretive behavior.... 

Why do you feel the need to control how people feel? People are upset ....Get over it.

People aren't whining and complaining because they hate Nintendo, they are whining and complaining because they want Nintendo to succeed, and time after time Nintendo keeps missing opportunities to reach their full potential.

They had a chance tonight to walk out and say "We are Nintendo and this is what we do" and then show off some sick sizzle reel of 2014's Wii U games and then segue that into a Zelda U trailer.... But instead they show off sodding Scrooge McDuck and call it innovation.

Edited by Mitch13Pyro, 07 December 2013 - 08:44 PM.

#35 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

And Nintendo wonders why there failing.

I wish I could get in touch with some main people @ Nintendo. There is a lot they need to hear.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#36 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:05 PM

They have reasons for being secretive? It must be their amazing Wii U console sales that justify this secretive behavior.... 

Why do you feel the need to control how people feel? People are upset ....Get over it.

People aren't whining and complaining because they hate Nintendo, they are whining and complaining because they want Nintendo to succeed, and time after time Nintendo keeps missing opportunities to reach their full potential.

They had a chance tonight to walk out and say "We are Nintendo and this is what we do" and then show off some sick sizzle reel of 2014's Wii U games and then segue that into a Zelda U trailer.... But instead they show off sodding Scrooge McDuck and call it innovation.

They didn't waste anything big on a terrible awards show that is treated like a joke by the entire industry. For crying out loud, it's trending on Twitter, but only because 90% of said Tweets are MOCKING IT. Not a good rep to have.

#37 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

I gotta agree, this would have been by far their best move. I don't know about a Zelda trailer necessarily but they needed to show off something to appeal to the this demographic they were presenting to. Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, Smash, X, F-Zero, Bayonetta, etc. all would have been fantastic choices to show off. I like Donkey Kong but revealing a 4th character just doesn't cut it. The only thing this reveal did was create memes. They should have just left Cranky to be a secret character and not revealed him at all.

Also, Nintendo needs to give up this ambiguity on their long term schedule. We don't know jack about the majority of 2014. They need to become way more transparent and clear about what they have coming down the pipeline and when. 

pNgecl.gif

#38 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

They didn't waste anything big on a terrible awards show that is treated like a joke by the entire industry. For crying out loud, it's trending on Twitter, but only because 90% of said Tweets are MOCKING IT. Not a good rep to have.

It was poop for sure, but Nintendo wouldn't be judged for the quality of VGX itself. Nintendo had the chance to be a show stealer on live TV and make people say "Oh damn I need to get me a Wii U"

Hype for Wii U would have skyrocketed right during the start of the Holiday shopping season...

They need to become way more transparent and clear about what they have coming down the pipeline 

**Super Mario 3D World pun intended

#39 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

You Nintefan girls will defend anything they do. Nintendo had the opportunity to show MK8, Yoshi Yarn, FE X ST, X, a new Smash trailer, a new ANYTHING! But they decided to show us what they could of done in a mini Nintendo Direct. The VGA are the second biggest in games despite how awful they are. 

How many units will this one sell? 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#40 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:33 PM

It was poop for sure, but Nintendo wouldn't be judged for the quality of VGX itself. Nintendo had the chance to be a show stealer on live TV and make people say "Oh damn I need to get me a Wii U"

Hype for Wii U would have skyrocketed right during the start of the Holiday shopping season...

**Super Mario 3D World pun intended

see-what-you-did-there.jpg

pNgecl.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!