Photo

*Throws an armchair* The Wii U is finish. (VGA SPOILERS)

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

You Nintefan girls will defend anything they do. Nintendo had the opportunity to show MK8, Yoshi Yarn, FE X ST, X, a new Smash trailer, a new ANYTHING! But they decided to show us what they could of done in a mini Nintendo Direct. The VGA are the second biggest in games despite how awful they are. 

Then that is truly pathetic because its viewership is abysmal. Nintendo Directs get more traffic than the VGAs do now. Heck, there might not even BE one next year with how awful this one was.

#42 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

So I noticed the title of this topic is throw an arm chair. Since it's about Cranky Kong, shouldn't it be throws a rocking chair? 

pNgecl.gif

#43 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

So I noticed the title of this topic is throw an arm chair. Since it's about Cranky Kong, shouldn't it be throws a rocking chair? 

Okay, that caught me off guard and made me laugh. Good show sir/madam!

Edited by SDDMN, 07 December 2013 - 10:31 PM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#44 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

4FF9xvZ.gif

I'd like to share something I've been thinking about. What if Nintendo decided to announce Cranky at the VGX so it could be more discussed. I mean, where would DKC TF be more discussed from. A Nintendo Direct where it'll get overshadowed by bigger announcements (possibly X or Zelda U, the things that were being hyped for VGX), or an awards show in which it's the only thing discussed from Nintendo. Nintendo's very behind with the times (thus not knowing what's appropriate for a VGX announcement), and isn't too active with their fanbase. So from Nintendo's point of view, this announcement makes sense as it causes more discussion. And obviously the controversy around it not being what everyone wanted it to be was another factor in discussion (although I doubt Nintendo actually intended this). But honestly, people getting hyped for other things seen this coming. Cranky was leaked on Amazon, DKC TF was one of the playable games at that Reggie Twitter event on Thursday or so, and Nintendo can make confounding decisions (e3 2008). 

Not to mention it's a good idea to simply keep expectations low for events like this or E3. Having the lowest expectations results in either the low standards met or exceeded. Sometimes it is hard to not get on the hype train (I was hoping for Parappa 3 and/or Crash 4 during the night of the PS4 launch, where it just ended up being a predictable Uncharted 4 announcement). For the record, in no way am I defending Nintendo for this decision. I think it's incredibly stupid and this should have been saved for a Nintendo Direct. Or at least had this alongside another VGX announcement. Nintendo needs to know better, know what the fans really want (rather than mild enjoyment out of seeing Cranky Kong playable), and know what's suitable for a VGX announcement. Thankfully they were fortunate enough to mess up on an already mediocre-horrible show that had some low viewer counts that was online only. I'm pretty sure it's not on TV until like Monday with a "Highlights of VGX" thing.

Also the VGXs were terrible. Unfunny jokes, outdated memes, that whole GTA5 music section was horrible (the rap and the guy who had this incredibly derpy singing voice), product placement (PRE ORDER THIEF AT GAMESTOP, BROUGHT TO YOU BY TEEN WOLF, BUY THIS MICROTRANSACTION CAR FOR GRAND TURISMO 6!!!!!), and the incredibly awkward acting. Also Smosh and PewDiePie, why, sweet jesus, why.

Edited by Cranky Kong, 07 December 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#45 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

Must try harder to find a PS4.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#46 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:56 AM

Poor Reggie having to defend Nintendo not having anything more than Donkey Kong to show.

Edited by CUD, 08 December 2013 - 03:56 AM.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#47 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:25 AM

Honestly, I would hate if Nintendo announced Zelda U in such a mediocre show. I much prefer E3 and Directs thank you. At least those shows don't have fake applause tracks in the background.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#48 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:52 AM

While I had a slight bit of hope it might be something exciting, I just knew it would probably end up being this.

Either way, Nintendo just really embarrassed themselves. Even if Cranky Kong being playable in the game had been new news, it still wouldn't have been exciting enough to warrant much of a mention.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#49 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:49 AM

I'm just going to go ahead and assume that once Nintendo learned that this show wasn't actually on TV until Monday with a heavily edited version, they said "screw it" and brought out the worst possible announcement they could.

#50 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

Cranky was trending #2 globally.

indeed!

I can't believe people complain about the Cranky Kong reveal. The show in general was just to sad to announce 1 big thing(expect No Man's Sky). :P

Be happy Nintendo was there (Where was Sony/MS..?). And tbh, Cranky Kong was one of the "special" things I've seen on the show. Most of the great big titles had just some showcase trailer to show "look how great graphics we have, but you won't see our real gameplay", while the Cranky announcement showed us great gameplay from Cranky + a new great level. Even platform games can be great these days?

It's just how you set up your expectations and you should know that Nintendo only reveals big things on their ND/E3 ND. Rembemer the great ND in january? Or the great 3DS games reveal in Feb? :P

I didn't expected something big from Nintendo at VGX.

Edited by namkotje, 08 December 2013 - 08:03 AM.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#51 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:18 AM

4FF9xvZ.gif

I'd like to share something I've been thinking about. What if Nintendo decided to announce Cranky at the VGX so it could be more discussed. I mean, where would DKC TF be more discussed from. A Nintendo Direct where it'll get overshadowed by bigger announcements (possibly X or Zelda U, the things that were being hyped for VGX), or an awards show in which it's the only thing discussed from Nintendo. Nintendo's very behind with the times (thus not knowing what's appropriate for a VGX announcement), and isn't too active with their fanbase. So from Nintendo's point of view, this announcement makes sense as it causes more discussion. And obviously the controversy around it not being what everyone wanted it to be was another factor in discussion (although I doubt Nintendo actually intended this). But honestly, people getting hyped for other things seen this coming. Cranky was leaked on Amazon, DKC TF was one of the playable games at that Reggie Twitter event on Thursday or so, and Nintendo can make confounding decisions (e3 2008). 

Not to mention it's a good idea to simply keep expectations low for events like this or E3. Having the lowest expectations results in either the low standards met or exceeded. Sometimes it is hard to not get on the hype train (I was hoping for Parappa 3 and/or Crash 4 during the night of the PS4 launch, where it just ended up being a predictable Uncharted 4 announcement). For the record, in no way am I defending Nintendo for this decision. I think it's incredibly stupid and this should have been saved for a Nintendo Direct. Or at least had this alongside another VGX announcement. Nintendo needs to know better, know what the fans really want (rather than mild enjoyment out of seeing Cranky Kong playable), and know what's suitable for a VGX announcement. Thankfully they were fortunate enough to mess up on an already mediocre-horrible show that had some low viewer counts that was online only. I'm pretty sure it's not on TV until like Monday with a "Highlights of VGX" thing.

Also the VGXs were terrible. Unfunny jokes, outdated memes, that whole GTA5 music section was horrible (the rap and the guy who had this incredibly derpy singing voice), product placement (PRE ORDER THIEF AT GAMESTOP, BROUGHT TO YOU BY TEEN WOLF, BUY THIS MICROTRANSACTION CAR FOR GRAND TURISMO 6!!!!!), and the incredibly awkward acting. Also Smosh and PewDiePie, why, sweet jesus, why.

The thing is though, the VGAs are so worthless that there was no point in showing anything big. even before now the VGAs were considered pathetic and with how viewership for it has shrank, Nintendo was completely correct in giving a throwaway announcement. Wasting a big announcement on a pathetic event like the VGAs would be casting pearls before swine.

Edited by Aiddon, 08 December 2013 - 08:19 AM.

#52 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:15 AM

indeed!

I can't believe people complain about the Cranky Kong reveal. The show in general was just to sad to announce 1 big thing(expect No Man's Sky). :P

Be happy Nintendo was there (Where was Sony/MS..?). And tbh, Cranky Kong was one of the "special" things I've seen on the show. Most of the great big titles had just some showcase trailer to show "look how great graphics we have, but you won't see our real gameplay", while the Cranky announcement showed us great gameplay from Cranky + a new great level. Even platform games can be great these days?

It's just how you set up your expectations and you should know that Nintendo only reveals big things on their ND/E3 ND. Rembemer the great ND in january? Or the great 3DS games reveal in Feb? :P

I didn't expected something big from Nintendo at VGX.

Trending #1 was the phrase 'Oh God, why, no.'

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#53 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

If VGX is so worthless why did the president of NOA even go??

The fact that he went seems to show that it's important. The fact that he showed Cranky seems to show that he or SOMEONE doesn't know why it's important.

Edited by kokirii, 08 December 2013 - 10:22 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#54 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

If VGX is so worthless why did the president of NOA even go??

The fact that he went seems to show that it's important. The fact that he showed Cranky seems to show that he or SOMEONE doesn't know why it's important.

To humor Keighley. Seriously, it was obvious he was only there as a favor to Keighley as the show was either irritating or boring and its ratings are abysmal. The show is the laughing stock of the industry, and the fact it was reduced from a television in a sizable theater to a live stream in a studio shows that even its own network doesn't care about it. Reggie was there because he's a pro, not because he thought the event was important. If anything, the next Nintendo Direct will have important announcements because it'll reach more viewers.

#55 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

To humor Keighley. Seriously, it was obvious he was only there as a favor to Keighley as the show was either irritating or boring and its ratings are abysmal. The show is the laughing stock of the industry, and the fact it was reduced from a television in a sizable theater to a live stream in a studio shows that even its own network doesn't care about it. Reggie was there because he's a pro, not because he thought the event was important. If anything, the next Nintendo Direct will have important announcements because it'll reach more viewers.

I hope you right become Christmas is looking a bit bad for Nintendo. 

#56 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

Honestly, I would hate if Nintendo announced Zelda U in such a mediocre show. I much prefer E3 and Directs thank you. At least those shows don't have fake applause tracks in the background.

I don't get this idea.

Nintendo announced Zeldou like 3 years ago, they've just not shown anything from it.
Why would showing something from it be above a videogame show?
If anything it'd make the show worth watching, and get the dudebros to see that Nintendo can make a zeldo that just might appeal to them.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#57 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:56 AM

I don't get this idea.

Nintendo announced Zeldou like 3 years ago, they've just not shown anything from it.
Why would showing something from it be above a videogame show?
If anything it'd make the show worth watching, and get the dudebros to see that Nintendo can make a zeldo that just might appeal to them.

It's one of those franchises that just can't be throw out anywhere, especially in this utter crap of a show. Its unveil should be as epic as the game. See the 2004 reveal of Twilight Princess to see what I mean.

Posted Image

#58 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

It's one of those franchises that just can't be throw out anywhere, especially in this utter crap of a show. Its unveil should be as epic as the game. See the 2004 reveal of Twilight Princess to see what I mean.

Zeldo isn't above any other franchise. It barely sells as it is, and is losing fans with every new version.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#59 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

... vgx ended up being terrable, in every way. 

also found theroes saying a metroid tease after DKTF through some pin reggie was wearing...  still think hyping up a good game, and thus being the only good anouncment at the show proubly would have helped more than a cranky reviel.

#60 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

Zeldo isn't above any other franchise. It barely sells as it is, and is losing fans with every new version.

Ok. Would you like a cookie now, with Zeldo written all over it?

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!