Photo

My Opinion on Nintendo This Gen.(At the Moment)

8th Gen.

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

When I brought my Nintendo 3DS in 2011 my thoughts were not bad about this console and it's future in the handheld gaming. Then when the PS Vita came out, I noticed they only have 1 year gap development between them but the Vita makes the 3Ds look dated and under performing console. Now this ain't a problem since Nintendo is known for their diversity in games but it was weird that 3DS feels like an updated DS with 3D. 

Moving onto Nov 2012 with the Wii U release, I didn't know if Nintendo was joking with not future-proofing their console(We have no current spec sheet). I could not comprehend how they could sell a console with 8 or 32 Gigs and ask for a top tier pricing. The thing that bothered me most about the Wii U is that Mario had an another game on the console while people where dogging on COD for being a yearly game release. Also the fact that they have started the 8th Gen first in both categories and both the consoles which are good but still feel sub-par. 

Now in 2013, the 3DS have beaten my exceptions and I no longer care for graphics because the games are just the best. Now for the Wii U, I fear that the current management have lost the plot and don't know what to do. I wonder why they have not release game for their old I.Ps, why they have not thought for the future or how come they are letting this drought happen right now. I think  best solution is for the Wii U to be a five-6 year console plan at the moment. I do wish Nintendo success but I think a new era of management needs to come now. 

Remember this is just my opinion and no one else has influenced my words. Also I do sincerely apologize if you find any spelling or grammatical errors. Have a nice day and leave your feed back. 

#2 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:43 AM

Yeah Management needs to change ASAP. Nintendo has put themselves in a position where they are only worthy of being a secondary console... And they seem to be fine with that. They are no longer shooting for top dog. As a big sports fan and big basketball fan I have no news sports game to play on my WiiU for 2013 I mean who could have seen this coming when we couldn't get sports games. I can't see the future so don't know how the Wii U will turn out. It looks bad though. Can't get last gen games not getting next gen games... But Nintendo in house and partnered developers will shine wwith the hardware. So play MK8, 3dworld, Bayo2, Smash4, DKTF, and enjoy them because those will be the best experiences on the console.

#3 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

Yeah Management needs to change ASAP. Nintendo has put themselves in a position where they are only worthy of being a secondary console... And they seem to be fine with that. They are no longer shooting for top dog. As a big sports fan and big basketball fan I have no news sports game to play on my WiiU for 2013 I mean who could have seen this coming when we couldn't get sports games. I can't see the future so don't know how the Wii U will turn out. It looks bad though. Can't get last gen games not getting next gen games... But Nintendo in house and partnered developers will shine wwith the hardware. So play MK8, 3dworld, Bayo2, Smash4, DKTF, and enjoy them because those will be the best experiences on the console.

Oh don't get me wrong, the coming games are gonna be great but the way the Wii U was presented from Nov 2012 to Dec 2013 has been pretty lackluster.  I feel they need do more R and D more about the consumer wants and needs. I think the Wii U is 80% next gen but the way some of the management has being going, the console won't make till 2015 if this carries on. Thank you for the feedback tho. 

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:54 AM

cranky_zps67fd34e8.jpg

It appears you are not alone

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:04 AM

cranky_zps67fd34e8.jpg

It appears you are not alone

I think Peter Griffin drew this, lol?  

#6 krizzx

krizzx

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

Well we certainly haven't seen a post like this with this exact opinion before.

#7 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

So then tell me about your opinion of this post then? 

Edited by Ghost, 08 December 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#8 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

Well we certainly haven't seen a post like this with this exact opinion before.

And what does that tell you?

#9 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

I think Nintendo needs to fire top management. Not because of the VGX thing, but because of many different events over the past year which show how out of touch they are with modern gamers.

Edited by Hunter, 08 December 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#10 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

I think Nintendo needs to fire top management. Not because of the VGX thing, but because of many different events over the past year which show how out of touch they are with modern gamers.

They need to fire top management because they had an influence in creating the best selling handheld and console of all time (Wii, DS) and they haven't gone the M-rated "dudebroshooterwow" crowd, or made yet another console that's the exact same as the competition?

Nintendo's top priority is to make money, not please every Jerry, Sue and Bubba's individual demands as to how they should handle their company. While Sony/Microsoft go out of their way to "please" gamers, they're also running their game departments into the ground financially.

When I brought my Nintendo 3DS in 2011 my thoughts were not bad about this console and it's future in the handheld gaming. Then when the PS Vita came out, I noticed they only have 1 year gap development between them but the Vita makes the 3Ds look dated and under performing console. Now this ain't a problem since Nintendo is known for their diversity in games but it was weird that 3DS feels like an updated DS with 3D. 

This was true for the first year of the 3DS, yes. Then 3D Land/Mario Kart 7 came out and everything was up from there.

Moving onto Nov 2012 with the Wii U release, I didn't know if Nintendo was joking with not future-proofing their console(We have no current spec sheet). It was a business decision. They could either make a system that's basically a carbon copy of the PS4/Xbone and charge the same amount (or more, given the tablet controller) or they could make a system that was $350 (now $300) and undercut the competition by some amount. The Wii U is doing another thing that's beneficial to consumers that the competition isn't: Backwards compatibility with just about every single thing they bought for the Wii. Games, controllers, system data, etc.

I could not comprehend how they could sell a console with 8 or 32 Gigs and ask for a top tier pricing. Top tier being $50-200 under the competition, right?

The thing that bothered me most about the Wii U is that Mario had an another game on the console while people where dogging on COD for being a yearly game release.

Assuming you're talking about New Super Mario Bros U, those've only gotten one game per console generation (I'm counting NSLU as DLC for NSMBU as that's what it was initially released as). Wii had NSMB Wii, DS had NSMB, 3DS had NSMB2, and Wii U had NSMBU. Whereas Call of Duty has regularly come out once a year, usually in the late fall, and has had nothing different inbetween each entry besides minor gameplay/multiplayer updates and a hap-hazardly slapped together single player mode that nobody plays anyway.

Also the fact that they have started the 8th Gen first in both categories and both the consoles which are good but still feel sub-par. I haven't tried the Xbone or PS4 yet, so I can't really make a statement here.

Now in 2013, the 3DS have beaten my exceptions and I no longer care for graphics because the games are just the best. I do friggin love the 3DS. Been neglecting it though, just got a Vita and been enjoying that greatly. Kinda wish there were more FPS games, though...love that stylus-to-aim control scheme.

Now for the Wii U, I fear that the current management have lost the plot and don't know what to do. I'm sure they have a loose idea. Marketing has picked up, and that Wii U bundle with NSMBU/NSLU for $300 is a great holiday bundle.

I wonder why they have not release game for their old I.Ps, Because F-Zero/Metroid/Star-Fox were never really top-selling games. I'm honestly surprised that Kid Icarus: Uprising sold as well as it did given that the franchise was dead.

why they have not thought for the future or how come they are letting this drought happen right now. Because they don't feel like rushing their games and releasing glitchy piles of crap like most developers do nowadays (See: Arkham Origins, Skyrim, etc)

I think  best solution is for the Wii U to be a five-6 year console plan at the moment. I'm fairly certain that's the plan for each console Nintendo's released. N64 was 7 years to the gamecube, GameCube was 6 years to the Wii, etc.

I do wish Nintendo success but I think a new era of management needs to come now. Again, why should they replace management when said management had a key role in creating the best selling home console and best selling handheld gaming system of all time? Just because the Wii U isn't a runaway success doesn't mean Nintendo is doomed. Last I checked, they survived two console generations where their home console didn't even clear 40 million sales (GameCube, N64), and I'm sure they had waaay less in the bank then than they do now.

Remember this is just my opinion and no one else has influenced my words. NO. YOU LIE. YOU WERE OBVIOUSLY PAID TO SAY THESE THINGS SONYBOTXDRONESOMETHINGSOMETHINGATARIFANBOY. 

huuuuuurhurhurhruhrursarcasm

Also I do sincerely apologize if you find any spelling or grammatical errors. What you wrote looked fine to me from a grammatical standpoint.

Have a nice day and leave your feed back. Feedback left~

Responses in bold.

Tells me that people are whiny and doth expect too much.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#11 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:45 PM

That we should stop coming here.

#12 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:00 PM

When I bought the WiiU I knew it would be my secondary system simply because I knew like most of us here that the ps4/x1 would be stronger systems thus getting the better 3rd party support. So in that sense the system is achieving everything it was set out to be, a system where I play Mario,Zelda,DK,etc. and my ps4/X1 will be for the 3rd party; and their exclusives.

#13 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

The graphics on the Wii U look fine to me. If I ever end up not enjoying the graphics on it, I might sell it for a PS4. But right now I can't see that happening. The game experiences are what I want anyway.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#14 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

They need to fire top management because they had an influence in creating the best selling handheld and console of all time (Wii, DS) and they haven't gone the M-rated "dudebroshooterwow" crowd, or made yet another console that's the exact same as the competition?

Nintendo's top priority is to make money, not please every Jerry, Sue and Bubba's individual demands as to how they should handle their company. While Sony/Microsoft go out of their way to "please" gamers, they're also running their game departments into the ground financially.

Look, I'm not saying I want Nintendo to start making generic FPS or make a console the same as the competitors but you cannot deny that the Wii U launch/first year has been pretty pathetic.  No advertising+no games= no sales. The Wii U is a great, unique system which will have some fantastic games, but Nintendo have squandered their 1 year head start over Sony and MS because they failed to actually promote their product.

"Nintendo's top priority is to make money"- Exactly, and the Wii U has barely made any in a whole year.

#15 krizzx

krizzx

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

It tells me that people love to ride bandwagons.

#16 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

Responses in bold.

Tells me that people are whiny and doth expect too much.

Thank you, now I don't have to right a long pot of my opinion out - you did it for me :D

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#17 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

I don't think that Iwata should be fired, just change its mentality and embrace that the industry has changed and that the consumer has new needs. And honestly, I understand the guy. He did his best with the Wii U, but it wasn't enough. So I feel sorry for him.

I think that he finally understood that the casual audience that bought 30 million units of New Super Mario Bros. Wii was long gone when we launched New Super Mario Bros. U and it didn't sell nearly as much. His plan was good, sell their best selling franchise at launch and we'll have a healthy system, and then third parties will continues to support us. But he failed to realize that the causal crowd was long gone and already satisfied with iOS and Android. Then everything started to collapse.

Combine that with confusing marketing and no kind of direction and you have what we have today, the Wii U.

It's really a shame that this joke will cost his job. He's a good man. He's the one who launched Nintendo into its second golden age, but he sadly he wont have a happy ending in the company.

I guess the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Edited by Arkhandar, 08 December 2013 - 03:54 PM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#18 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

I don't think that Iwata should be fired, just change its mentality and embrace that the industry has changed and that the consumer has new needs. And honestly, I understand the guy. He did his best with the Wii U, but it wasn't enough. So I feel sorry for him.

I think that he finally understood that the casual audience that bought 30 million units of New Super Mario Bros. Wii was long gone when we launched New Super Mario Bros. U and it didn't sell nearly as much. His plan was good, sell their best selling franchise at launch and we'll have a healthy system, and then third parties will continues to support us. But he failed to realize that the causal crowd was long gone and already satisfied with iOS and Android. Then everything started to collapse.

Combine that with confusing marketing and no kind of direction and you have what we have today, the Wii U.

It's really a shame that this joke will cost his job. He's a good man. He's the one who launched Nintendo into its second golden age, but he sadly he wont have a happy ending in the company.

I guess the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Well first of all, as I seem to keep having to remind people. the console hasn't actually failed yet, so...

In fact I seem to remember a ver similar situation with the 3ds. It wasn't this bad, but the Wii U also doesn't need to (and probably never will or could've) done as well as the 3DS anyway.

Also, I seriously doubt they would fire him over one failure with billions in the bank and the 3ds still raking in dough at the rate it is.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#19 DoubleDragon101

DoubleDragon101

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

The graphics on the Wii U look fine to me. If I ever end up not enjoying the graphics on it, I might sell it for a PS4. But right now I can't see that happening. The game experiences are what I want anyway.

After owning both i would say wiiU is far more family  friendly.  PS4 yes great  but is more of intense gaming machine I had the kill zone bundle and a few other games Gameplay nothing new yes graphics pretty, game play more important  I have had more fun with my wii u than play-station 4 nintendo need more games out Wii u sales have increased and will increase more over christmas 

#20 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

This.... the graphics aren't shabby on the Wii U.  They are an upgrade to the ps3/360- which are pretty good. People make it seem like they are the same or barely better.  

I see what the OP is saying to a degree.  As much as I love the Wii U, it does have the feel of a transitional system.  In 5-6 years, they will come out with something a bit more powerful than the PS4 and XBone- but the deal is, I wonder if they (Sony, MSFT) will make consoles after this generation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!