Photo

My Opinion on Nintendo This Gen.(At the Moment)

8th Gen.

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

Having the best Hardware on the market is irrelevant to me, having the best graphics is irrelevant to me, if these two things really mattered to me I wouldn't be playing games via my Wii U or 3DS XL, I'd have invested in a gaming PC.

It's the games that matter to me and nobody makes games quite like Nintendo. That said I do agree Nintendo will need to start releasing better hardware and preferably hardware that is in line with what is being released by their competitors and they'll need to try and get more third party support for their consoles because a part from Warner Brothers, Fusion games, Activision and Ubisoft, third party games aren't coming in thick and fast like they will on the XB1 and PS4.

#22 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

By the end of 2014 Wii U will have the best exclusives for sure. Can't wait.

#23 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

Oh don't get me wrong, the coming games are gonna be great but the way the Wii U was presented from Nov 2012 to Dec 2013 has been pretty lackluster.  I feel they need do more R and D more about the consumer wants and needs. I think the Wii U is 80% next gen but the way some of the management has being going, the console won't make till 2015 if this carries on. Thank you for the feedback tho. 

Nintendo needs to find a balance. They cant cheap out on everything. If you are not going to make a console as powerful as the others... at least put that money into some new ip's. No i dont want Nintendo to be the same as Microsoft and Sony but the core audience does not see the Wii U as relevant. I am not calling for them to get rid of mario or any of their other IP's. Just look at the games that are popular and sell in the west. Reggie said it best their responsibility is the drive hardware sell and increase the install base. That goes also for what type of games you are marketing and increases the install base of that gamer on your system.  So get out of your box and make some form of shooter with multiplayer online component. Why do you think those games dont sell well on Nintendo consoles becuase that core install base of gamers are not there. I just dont see it happening under current management they are clueless, and have a do it my way attitude

#24 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:35 PM

Nintendo needs to find a balance. They cant cheap out on everything. If you are not going to make a console as powerful as the others... at least put that money into some new ip's. No i dont want Nintendo to be the same as Microsoft and Sony but the core audience does not see the Wii U as relevant. I am not calling for them to get rid of mario or any of their other IP's. Just look at the games that are popular and sell in the west. Reggie said it best their responsibility is the drive hardware sell and increase the install base. That goes also for what type of games you are marketing and increases the install base of that gamer on your system.  So get out of your box and make some form of shooter with multiplayer online component. Why do you think those games dont sell well on Nintendo consoles becuase that core install base of gamers are not there. I just dont see it happening under current management they are clueless, and have a do it my way attitude

exactly, the fanbase isnt there

So why the heck would they waste money making a game that none of their fans what to play, and that other shooter gamers won't want to play?

That would be really stupid of them.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#25 myusernameismyusername

myusernameismyusername

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • NNID:Mynnidismynnid

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:46 PM

A new metroid prime game with an online mode is something I'd like to see Nintendo do. That could get shooter gamers and Nintendo fans interested.

Consoles I own:
Atari 2600, NES, Genesis, PS1, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Dreamcast, Wii, Xbox 360

Handhelds I own:
GBC, GBA, NDS, PSP, 3DS, PS Vita

#26 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

exactly, the fanbase isnt there

So why the heck would they waste money making a game that none of their fans what to play, and that other shooter gamers won't want to play?

That would be really stupid of them.

no you make the fanbase come. I give a perfect example. Killzone and sony. The first game was not that good but they didnt give up on the IP. they keep making games and upping the quality with a great developer and a engine to back it. Nintendo needs to wake up. Will they get call of duty 2014????? so quite possibly in 2014 Wii U could be a console without any FPS(possibly the most popular type of games right now) no sports games(seriously how many sports lovers are out there), and will probably be missing every big 3rd party game coming that year. I just think at this point drastic measures should be happening for Nintendo and i do respect that they have been in this position before(gamecube) and have experience but they are not doing enough. 2014 is going to be an exciting year for Wii U with 1st 2nd party content but you might only be getting lego, skylanders, and disney games from 3rd parties.

A new metroid prime game with an online mode is something I'd like to see Nintendo do. That could get shooter gamers and Nintendo fans interested.

I agree but that game should have at least been announced already and far in developement... Would have been nice to let the lid off on that one (if it is in development) lets see maybe at an american game award show with core players watching and begging for Nintendo to make a splash.... we get Cranky.

#27 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:18 AM

no you make the fanbase come. I give a perfect example. Killzone and sony. The first game was not that good but they didnt give up on the IP. they keep making games and upping the quality with a great developer and a engine to back it. Nintendo needs to wake up. Will they get call of duty 2014????? so quite possibly in 2014 Wii U could be a console without any FPS(possibly the most popular type of games right now) no sports games(seriously how many sports lovers are out there), and will probably be missing every big 3rd party game coming that year. I just think at this point drastic measures should be happening for Nintendo and i do respect that they have been in this position before(gamecube) and have experience but they are not doing enough. 2014 is going to be an exciting year for Wii U with 1st 2nd party content but you might only be getting lego, skylanders, and disney games from 3rd parties.

I agree but that game should have at least been announced already and far in developement... Would have been nice to let the lid off on that one (if it is in development) lets see maybe at an american game award show with core players watching and begging for Nintendo to make a splash.... we get Cranky.

But Sony didn't to bring people in with Killzone because the dudebros were already there. It's a different situation. It's not gonna be like nintendo makes aweseom shooter and suddenly all the dudebros are all "I totally respect nintendo now, and am going to buy a wii u to play this game." because in case you haven't noticed, most dudebros

are 

complete

idiots.

They're too busy trying to impress their friends with manly they are by buying COD and how their 13 year old dicks have totally grown half a millimeter. They already have their notions about Nintendo, and trying to get them to come to Nintendo is a waste of their money, especially since last gen they had a system the dudebros hated, but still had  the best console sales.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#28 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:37 AM

But Sony didn't to bring people in with Killzone because the dudebros were already there. It's a different situation. It's not gonna be like nintendo makes aweseom shooter and suddenly all the dudebros are all "I totally respect nintendo now, and am going to buy a wii u to play this game." because in case you haven't noticed, most dudebros

are 

complete

idiots.

They're too busy trying to impress their friends with manly they are by buying COD and how their 13 year old dicks have totally grown half a millimeter. They already have their notions about Nintendo, and trying to get them to come to Nintendo is a waste of their money, especially since last gen they had a system the dudebros hated, but still had  the best console sales.

I have to agree. I think Nintendo would have better luck marketing the Wii U as a way to get laid.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#29 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

are 

complete

idiots.

And we also have the "hardcore" snobs who have been brainwashed into believing all this specs bs. Sometimes a lot of their crap comes off as stuff you'd see in a political smear campaign. Whining about 3rd parties, whining about specs, whining about the name, whining about Nintendo continuing to use its most successful franchises. It's the pinnacle of insecure pseudo-intellectual tripe.

#30 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

And we also have the "hardcore" snobs who have been brainwashed into believing all this specs bs.

You mean PC "master race"? :P

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#31 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

You mean PC "master race"? :P

And what's hilarious about that label is that it was meant as a snide insult. It was Yahtzee basically saying that too many PC gamers care about making their games as complex, unintuitive, and irritating as possible because that's the only way a game could justify being PC exclusive because there really wasn't any reason anymore aside FROM how shiny a game's textures were. But of course, idiots hijacked that term and forgot that it was meant to be a slam against them.

Edited by Aiddon, 12 December 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#32 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

Exactly.....   

I've said this several times- I think you really need a trained eye to care about all the things they bring up.  And perhaps to some people that really is legit for what they want.  If that's the case, then fine, but no reason to bash a good machine like the Wii U.  People make it sound like we are playing an Atari 2600 next to their sleek new machine.

And we also have the "hardcore" snobs who have been brainwashed into believing all this specs bs. Sometimes a lot of their crap comes off as stuff you'd see in a political smear campaign. Whining about 3rd parties, whining about specs, whining about the name, whining about Nintendo continuing to use its most successful franchises. It's the pinnacle of insecure pseudo-intellectual tripe.

#33 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

And what's hilarious about that label is that it was meant as a snide insult. It was Yahtzee basically saying that too many PC gamers care about making their games as complex, unintuitive, and irritating as possible because that's the only way a game could justify being PC exclusive because there really wasn't any reason anymore aside FROM how shiny a game's textures were. But of course, idiots hijacked that term and forgot that it was meant to be a slam against them.

It's kind of like how "yankee" is now perfectly acceptable even in America.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#34 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

Already been done.

Wont appeal to shooter fans because its too sophisticated in design. Turned some metroid fans off on principle of it not being single player only. But it had some fantastic multiplayer.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#35 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

Already been done.

Wont appeal to shooter fans because its too sophisticated in design. Turned some metroid fans off on principle of it not being single player only. But it had some fantastic multiplayer.

Maybe a Metroid game that threw away all of the things that make it Metroid could lure the dudebros. :/

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#36 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

are
complete
idiots.
They're too busy trying to impress their friends with manly they are by buying COD and how their 13 year old dicks have totally grown half a millimeter. They already have their notions about Nintendo, and trying to get them to come to Nintendo is a waste of their money, especially since last gen they had a system the dudebros hated, but still had the best console sales.

Well maybe I see it different. I know people that have said they would love to have Nintendo as a only console but with no 3rd party it won't happen. Like I know LOTS of people that prefer Nintendo 1st party exclusives. But they can't justify buying the console as primary because they will be missing 10-20 games a year that won't come to their console. It is what it is maybe Wii U gets on hot strwak and destroys the competition sales wise doing it Nintendos way....

#37 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

Well maybe I see it different. I know people that have said they would love to have Nintendo as a only console but with no 3rd party it won't happen. Like I know LOTS of people that prefer Nintendo 1st party exclusives. But they can't justify buying the console as primary because they will be missing 10-20 games a year that won't come to their console. It is what it is maybe Wii U gets on hot strwak and destroys the competition sales wise doing it Nintendos way....

If they "prefer" nintendo exclusives, then why do they pick those other 10 games over them?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#38 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:14 AM

Why is the default reaction to fire top management? Management still has an excellent record with the 3DS and everything before. If they were to bring in new management all it would do is force Nintendo to have an identity crisis, possibly The ruining their reputation in the process. At most they need to try to get a better understanding of the current market and consumer perceptions, and hire analysts to come up with a solution to improve it. And fire their marketing director.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#39 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:01 AM

Why is the default reaction to fire top management? Management still has an excellent record with the 3DS and everything before. If they were to bring in new management all it would do is force Nintendo to have an identity crisis, possibly The ruining their reputation in the process. At most they need to try to get a better understanding of the current market and consumer perceptions, and hire analysts to come up with a solution to improve it. And fire their marketing director.

That's what I'm sayin'.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#40 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:57 AM

Hrm... Not just the current market. I dont think nintendo would enjoy, nor find success in simply imitating what everyone else is doing.

They need to find out what those 3 million people who bought wii u, and what those who are holding out on getting one are waiting for.

Its becoming increasingly clear the vast majority of the audience who nintendo is excessively pandering too doesnt care enough to get a wii u.

3dworld doesnt just have the smallest sales, it has the smallest attach ratio, meaning the more of people who actually own the system, are ignoring it, far, far more than any other big mario release in history.

DK is going to do the same. It wont repeat the wii games success.

Nintendo needs to figure out what games these people want from them, properly budget these titles to make a profit off of just a million sales, and start fostering the customers they have, instead of ignoring them trying to get back the ones who clearly dont care anymore.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!