Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:17 AM

Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone had a decent free music downloader I can also download for my own purposes. I used to use a version of MP3 Rocket until they made an upgrade which doesn't work unless you have Internet Explorer 9 for some reason. Anywho, I can't even download that for some weird reason even with proper packs downloaded so I abandoned that program as a result.

Making do with a different program but it only allows me to download 5 files a day, something I didn't have to deal with before. Anyone got a program I should look for?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#2 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:28 AM

illegal downloading hurts the music industry

#3 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:46 AM

Do you really think that people like Justin Bieber are going to be hurt if every single person doesn't buy his song? No. Illegal downloading has been going on for years and I don't think the music industry has been hurt that much from it. And besides that, there are people like me who cannot buy some of there music and need a place to download it. I don't listen to most stuff on the radio, I usually listen too video game OST and what not, things that you usually cannot purchase.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:45 AM

Do you really think that people like Justin Bieber are going to be hurt if every single person doesn't buy his song? No. Illegal downloading has been going on for years and I don't think the music industry has been hurt that much from it. And besides that, there are people like me who cannot buy some of there music and need a place to download it. I don't listen to most stuff on the radio, I usually listen too video game OST and what not, things that you usually cannot purchase.

If every time I illegally downloaded a beiber song, he got hurt, as in someone walked up and punched him in his face, I would have every single song he ever did, ever. Multiple times. Like hard drives full.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:18 AM

This is the defence that every illegal downloader uses.

People think that illegal downloading is ok because it wont effect rich pop stars, which is true. But when people don't buy music the record companies have less money, which means they have less money to invest in new bands. The more money they have, the more quality bands they will invest in.

It hasn't effected the music industry? Then why have album sales halved in the 10 years since napster came out?

As for the "I can't afford to pay for music" excuse; too horsing bad. I can't afford to buy video games all the time but I don't go around to the shop and steal them.

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:28 AM

I used to get my music through Limewire (but then they had to kill it). Now I have no means of music discovery, but I have been buying albums from HMV (50% have been rainbow and a waste of my money, even if they were from bands where I liked one of their other album)

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#7 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:36 AM

As for the "I can't afford to pay for music" excuse; too horsing bad. I can't afford to buy video games all the time but I don't go around to the shop and steal them.

I never said I couldn't afford to buy music.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#8 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:54 AM

Then f**king buy it.

Edited by PyroKinesis, 05 February 2014 - 07:54 AM.

#9 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

Then f**king buy it.

What if I hate it?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#10 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:07 AM

Why would you buy music you hate? Amazon offers a 30 second preview, and iTunes offers a whopping 1 minute 30 second preview.

#11 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:22 AM

Except the music industry hurts small time or independent artists.  No one should support the music industry, only the artists themselves.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:42 AM

www.Spotify.com

They even pay the artists!
Not as much as actually buying their songs, but it's something.

I used to get my music through Limewire (but then they had to kill it). Now I have no means of music discovery, but I have been buying albums from HMV (50% have been carp and a waste of my money, even if they were from bands where I liked one of their other album)

SPOTIFY has you covered!
It has a whole "discover" tab, free on mobile, tablet, and in your web-bowser! supported by ads, or with a voluntary paid subscription!
Spotify, your music or whatever their slogan is!

I like spotify because it's one of the few services that see fit to not only offer their service over here, but also have lists catering to our country.
It's pretty funny listening to it though, it's like I'm in the 80's the music they think we listen to.

I will say the mobile version of their app is annoying, I have a rooted s4 though, so I use a can't think of the name of it that makes the app think my phone is a tablet, so I get the full browser/pc experience that tablet users do.
No idea why they limit the skips for mobile users and suggest so many horsing songs, but I got so annoyed with it one night I did this.
Also, I don't like music, I just find it helps me sleep to have noise going on, so I use it for that.

Edited by Nollog, 05 February 2014 - 08:45 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:08 AM

Except the music industry hurts small time or independent artists.  No one should support the music industry, only the artists themselves.

But illegal downloading isn't a solution to these problems, this just makes it worse. If a small band's record doesn't sell then why would a record company give them a second chance? Sure there are some bands who may sell a lot of tickets for tours and sell merch etc. but there will be a lot out there who do not sell a lot of albums or tickets.

If people don't care enough to pay for a band's work, why would they care enough to pay £20+ to go and see it live? 

I don't know what the solution is but stealing someone's art definitely isn't it.

Apologies, that's my mistake. I read "there are people like me who cannot buy some of there music and need a place to download it" as "I cannot afford to buy a lot of music". I understand what you meant now.

#14 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:23 AM

To be honest, if the song in question is uploaded (by the artist) anywhere where you can stream it, such as Soundcloud or YouTube, I see no legal issues with downloading it. The artist made it readily available to the internet for free, so there's no reason you can't have a copy of said music unless, of course, you sell it, or something, but why would you do that xD

Anyways, on to the thread's question... I use Soundcloud a lot. A lot of artists are on there, and it's really easy to download tracks. Some have a download button right on the website, but others have reached a "download limit", or the artist has foolishly made it non-downloadable, as if that would stop the most enduring internet-goers... xD anything2mp3.com is a good downloader. All you do is you go to the URL of the track you want to download from Soundcloud, copy the URL, paste it into the box on the aforementioned website, click convert, and the rest should be pretty self-explanatory. You could probably use this same website for getting MP3s from YouTube videos, but I haven't tried it yet. :P

Oh well, hope I don't get banned for illegal-ness or something... xD

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

To be honest, if the song in question is uploaded (by the artist) anywhere where you can stream it, such as Soundcloud or YouTube, I see no legal issues with downloading it. The artist made it readily available to the internet for free, so there's no reason you can't have a copy of said music unless, of course,

The make advertisement revenue from people watching on youtube etc.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

The make advertisement revenue from people watching on youtube etc.

This is true. :) But then is using AdBlock illegal? Does consuming content without seeing the intended advertisement make you a criminal?

These are just hypothetical (is that the right term...?) questions, I don't mean to start an argument. :)

#17 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

I use this one. http://www.dvdvideos...tm#.UvJ-z42TjSg

It's nice and simple to use and you don't have to worry about 3rd party companies blocking the song from being downloaded. Shh, you didn't get this link from me. >.>

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

This is true. :) But then is using AdBlock illegal? Does consuming content without seeing the intended advertisement make you a criminal?

These are just hypothetical (is that the right term...?) questions, I don't mean to start an argument. :)

Are you trying to make a point that circumventing potential money-making tactics employed by people who create content you enjoy is the same as criminally taking a car from a single mother?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

I thought this was a bot post for a few minutes...

794144.png?13383682

#20 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

Are you trying to make a point that circumventing potential money-making tactics employed by people who create content you enjoy is the same as criminally taking a car from a single mother?

Nah, just the opposite, if I understand you correctly. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jigglypuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!