• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:23 PM

Hello everyone ! My name is Denis. I started playing games back in 1996. I know it might sound strange but my first console was Dendy (a taiwanese clone of NES which remained popular in my old country even in mid 90's). Being a clone, the console itself had the same games as NES and I still cherish the memories of those days when we were playing Contra, Darkwing Duck, Jackal and tons of other games with my cousin. However, it was the only 'Nintendo' (perhaps, I could call it pseudo-Nin) console I've ever had. Except for the days I just mentioned, I've always been more into PC gaming. I grew up on classic RPG games such as Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Might And Magic 6-7-8, Arcanum, Fallout 2, Diablo (well, hack'n slash but RPG, right ?) and RTS (Starcraft, Warcraft 2, Dune 2000, Command And Conquier, etc.).
Alongside with you I look forward to Wii U. Let's wait together.

This forum is the second Wii-U dedicated community I joined today. Wanna stay aware of everything that refers to that wonderful device and share my anticipation with you :D

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:38 PM

Welcome to the forums. I am a Guide that people call Caius ( or zxride64 or zx for short). I am here to help you getting use to the forums. Please read the Newcomer's Guide and ruleset. The community will be excited to have another fan onboard, and you picked a great place to keep up with news. The forum admin Feld0 and mod AMAC are here to help with technical problems. I am not into PC gaming mainly because my computers aren't very powerful. My first home console is the PS2. That is why I am in love with the Jak and Daxter series since they were my first games. What kind of games are you looking forward too? For me it is Darksiders 2, Ninja Gaiden 3, Batman Arkham City and more just can't think right now. Also how did you find the forums? Well I hope you enjoy your stay on the forums. Hope to see you active around here and please go on the chat some time the people here are very friendly.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:32 AM

WELCOME! i for one am on the edge of my seat for Wii U news. i do have a friend that works in the industry. he says after the VGA's(video game awards) on the 10th i believe he would have some hot Wii U news for me. so i will let everyone know what i hear.

#4 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:04 AM

Welcome to the forums. I am a Guide that people call Caius ( or zxride64 or zx for short). I am here to help you getting use to the forums. Please read the Newcomer's Guide and ruleset. The community will be excited to have another fan onboard, and you picked a great place to keep up with news. The forum admin Feld0 and mod AMAC are here to help with technical problems. I am not into PC gaming mainly because my computers aren't very powerful. My first home console is the PS2. That is why I am in love with the Jak and Daxter series since they were my first games. What kind of games are you looking forward too? For me it is Darksiders 2, Ninja Gaiden 3, Batman Arkham City and more just can't think right now. Also how did you find the forums? Well I hope you enjoy your stay on the forums. Hope to see you active around here and please go on the chat some time the people here are very friendly.

Hello Caius ! I'm very pleased to meet you. Thank you for your kindness !
PS 2 was the most influental console of sixth generation and it still remains popular. I personally bought it 2 months ago and the first game I got was Jak And Daxter 3 :D
As for the games for Wii U, I'm looking forward to the new Zelda game, Alien Freaks From Outer Space (from what I saw on screenshots and game's description it's gonna be fun as hell), Darksiders 2 (if it can be considered a Wii U game). I would also like to see some brand-new IPs from the big N. I understand how important Zelda, Mario, Metroid games are, but it's about time to come up with something new. And yes, of course I would like to see new Castlevania games.
Ah, the way I found this forum was quite easy. I just put 'wii u forum' in the google bar and it appeared right at the top of the search results :)

WELCOME! i for one am on the edge of my seat for Wii U news. i do have a friend that works in the industry. he says after the VGA's(video game awards) on the 10th i believe he would have some hot Wii U news for me. so i will let everyone know what i hear.

Yeeesss ! VGA is to start next week, right ? We will definetely know more. Nintendo can't keep silence for so long. Time is nigh for new details :D

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#5 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:53 PM

I already believe we will be good friends. Jak 3 was the first jak game I ever beat. (Due to not having a memory card before Jak 3, which is why I like the current gen of console ability to save right on the system). Darksiders 2 can also be considered a Wii U game, the developers even said that the best version of the game will be the Wii U and PC version.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#6 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

Hi Denis! Welcome to the Wii U Forums! I'm probably a VG n00b compared to you. :P I started in 2006, I think. I was pretty causal then. 2009 came, and I became a VIDEO GAME NERD!!! So yeah... a Dendy? Do you still have it? You can make a fortune with that! In response to PC gaming, I'm not much a PC gamer. My PC sucks. :(
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#7 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:14 PM

Welcome to the forum!

So, why "the big N crowd"?
*Facepalm*
You meant Big Nintendo crowd, didn't you -.-

We have a member here who we all call "N", so I just figured :P

Anyways, I'm the Lead Guide and "Introduction Central" section mod.
As Lead Guide, my job is it to watch over Guides and their activity around the forum, mostly in this section though...
(The mod part is self-explanatory)

Don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions.

Since you play PC games, I'm sure there's some info you'll wanna share here.
I doubt you have a Youtube account, but if you do: http://thewiiu.com/t...e-channel-list/

My fandoms include:
Minecraft
Kingdom Hearts
tLoZ
Kirby
Rayman
Super Mario
Bastion
Portal

Have you played Portal 2 yet?

Anyways, that's about it.

See ya!

Edited by Brian6330, 04 December 2011 - 06:46 PM.

#8 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:37 PM

I already believe we will be good friends. Jak 3 was the first jak game I ever beat. (Due to not having a memory card before Jak 3, which is why I like the current gen of console ability to save right on the system). Darksiders 2 can also be considered a Wii U game, the developers even said that the best version of the game will be the Wii U and PC version.

We definetely will :)
Memory cards for PS2 were such a revelation for me :laugh:
That was the first time I had to deal with that kind of things and I absolutely agree about current generation being more.. em.. not to say 'better' but.. handy ?:huh:

Hi Denis! Welcome to the Wii U Forums! I'm probably a VG n00b compared to you. :P I started in 2006, I think. I was pretty causal then. 2009 came, and I became a VIDEO GAME NERD!!! So yeah... a Dendy? Do you still have it? You can make a fortune with that! In response to PC gaming, I'm not much a PC gamer. My PC sucks. :(

Hello ! Nice to meet you ! What's your name ? I think calling you StreetPassWanter wouldn't be polite of me :)
2009 was pretty sweet. Uncharted 2, Bayonetta, Killzone 2, Dragon Age, Braid.. That's just what I remember. What exactly brought you to the 'core' gaming ?
As for my Dendy console.. em.. I'm not pretty sure, but I guess it's still at my cousin's house. Do you think anyone would be interested in that device ? It's the same exact thing as NES. I heard that it had some exclusive titles for it but I'm not sure whether it's truth or not.

Welcome to the forum! So, why "the big N crowd"? *Facepalm* You meant Big Nintendo crowd, didn't you -.- We have a member here who we all call "N", so I just figured :P Anyways, I'm the Lead Guide and "Introduction Central" section mod. As Lead Guide, my job is it to watch over Guides and their activity around the forum, mostly in this section though... (The mod part is self-explanatory) Don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions. Since you play PC games, I'm sure there's some info you'll wanna share here. I doubt you have a Youtube account, but if you do: http://thewiiu.com/t...e-channel-list/ My fandoms include: Minecraft Kingdom Hearts tLoZ Kirby Rayman Super Mario Bastion Portal Have you played Portal 2 yet? Anyways, that's about it. See ya!

Hi Brian ! The 'Big N' is just the way some peope call Nintendo (seeing as Nintendo has always been popular and influental).
I could guess that you do like Bastion. Hence your profile picture :) The game is indeed marvellous ! Pure masterpiece.
You will be surprised but I haven't played Portal 2 yet. Why ? Well.. Because Skyrim :D
And thanks for your advices :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, Nintendo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!