#1 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:46 PM

i was thinking, a mario kart for wii u is of course extremely necessary quite early on, and with kart 7 releasing and really perfecting mario kart, i was wondering what they could possibly add to make it even better?

then i remembered my personal favourite mario kart (tied with MK7) - mario kart double dash, the game was simply amazing and its a shame its not been brought back since gamecube, but now would be an epic time to do so on wii u, what do you guys think?
Posted Image

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:17 PM

Nope.

We don't need another Double Dash. One had sufficient awesomeness.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

YES! Best Mario Kart ever! I would love to see another like it. Have all new Mario Kart, just you can team up with another character again!

Nope.

We don't need another Double Dash. One had sufficient awesomeness.

Two is better than one!

Edited by Wii8461, 07 December 2011 - 04:50 PM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#4 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:09 PM

Two is too much for this world to handle. It will explode, then implode, then explode again.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#5 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:21 AM

Two is too much for this world to handle. It will explode, then implode, then explode again.

:blink: omg

Edited by Wii8461, 08 December 2011 - 08:23 AM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#6 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:06 PM

it would be cool to see in the shop on wii u maybe but i wouldnt pay full price for a remake of it

Signature_Fox.png

#7 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

it would be cool to see in the shop on wii u maybe but i wouldnt pay full price for a remake of it

i agree i would definately not want to just rebuy the game. i was thinking more along the lines of a whole new mario kart for wii u but using the double dash idea as the new feature becasue its been so long since the original.
Posted Image

#8 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

I haven't played Double Dash before; after many months of being on video game news sites, I've heard mixed opinions on it. I've heard some who love it, and I've heard some who hate it. If they do bring back the Double Dash style, I'd recommend having it optional, allowing you to choose between the normal Mario Kart style, and the Double Dash style. (As I just said, I haven't played it; if that is indeed a feature of the original, please don't flame me. :) )
Posted Image

#9 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

I haven't played Double Dash before; after many months of being on video game news sites, I've heard mixed opinions on it. I've heard some who love it, and I've heard some who hate it. If they do bring back the Double Dash style, I'd recommend having it optional, allowing you to choose between the normal Mario Kart style, and the Double Dash style. (As I just said, I haven't played it; if that is indeed a feature of the original, please don't flame me. :) )

totally agree that it should be optional :D and its a shame you missed it, if you have the right set up ie controller memory card etc then you should get it pre owned or borrow it or something cos its epic, my favourite mario kart tied with 7.
Posted Image

#10 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

totally agree that it should be optional :D and its a shame you missed it, if you have the right set up ie controller memory card etc then you should get it pre owned or borrow it or something cos its epic, my favourite mario kart tied with 7.

double dash was very fun . But i just cant get off of mario kart 64. i just love the style of 2d racers on a 3d landscape/track. I probably will get mk7 for christmas me and my bro will be whoppin *** online lol.

I think thats an awesome idea too! that would be sweet. It would be even cooler if you could have seperate online servers for the different racing choices

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 13 December 2011 - 02:58 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#11 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

nice!! you won't regret it, the new courses are really creative, they were better than i expected :) and i bet they would do that server thing you talked about cos its such a different way of playing the game that it needs its own seperate server, this is all assuming that they even put the double dash idea in :P
Posted Image

#12 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

I have only played it at a friends house and I really liked it! I think that it would be an interesting addition to the WiiU however I would like a new Sonic Riders game more because I am 100% sure a new MK will come out.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#13 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:45 PM

I LOVE DD!! BEST MK EVAAAA!!!! :laugh: That would be so epic... and in HD!! :laugh: and a bit better controls...

Posted Image

#14 Blarg

Blarg

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:17 PM

Double Dash wasn't to my taste.
Posted Image

#15 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:56 AM

I LOVE DD!! BEST MK EVAAAA!!!! :laugh: That would be so epic... and in HD!! :laugh: and a bit better controls...

haha i know, awesome game, but terrible controls :P if they made double dash two i have no doubt they would fix that :)

Edited by Crackkat, 24 December 2011 - 06:56 AM.

Posted Image

#16 Blarg

Blarg

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:04 AM

The concept of two racers was good, but the execution was disappointing.
Posted Image

#17 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:01 AM

They should make DD for wii U, but have an option to have 2 charcaters or not, or have seperate grand prixs for them :laugh:

Posted Image

#18 Blarg

Blarg

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:59 AM

^^ Yeah!
Posted Image

#19 Gamer

Gamer

Blooper

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Mario, Wii, DS

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:00 PM

Double Dash was my favorite MK game. I love the whole switching, 2 people thing. Its just that some special items were really cheap...

#20 Jumbo Worm

Jumbo Worm

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Earthworm Jim, Metroid

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:57 PM

I loved working together as a team.

Item Thrower: Wario and Waluigi are coming up behind us! Quickly, move to the right so I can angle the fireball shots!
Driver: No problem!

My friends and I would have so much fun with that game.It is, with out a doubt, my favorite Mario Kart game. Too bad I lost it. I would love to see a new version of that, but as everyone has said, you should be able to choose between single kart or double kart. Having a computer handling the items in DD was a pain.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: double dash, gamecube mario kart, mario kart, wii u

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!