Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:38 AM

This game GOAT

Can't wait to spend my next 2 days off with this game. Looks like Wolfenstein and Watchdogs will be put on the back burner

#62 NayNay

NayNay

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:42 AM

smashed through all 100cc cups. will have a crack at a few 150s before i launch into some online i think. best mod to play? battle is a bit different this time isnt it as its tracks rather than arenas?

#63 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:52 AM

ONLINE ERROR CODE ANYONE?

have you got anything else connected to your router? i only ask as i had 2 error codes for the first time this morning,i had the laptop on as well but as soon as i turned the laptop off it worked great again :)

smashed through all 100cc cups. will have a crack at a few 150s before i launch into some online i think. best mod to play? battle is a bit different this time isnt it as its tracks rather than arenas?

just stick with race/grand prix,AMAZING fun!! smooth as hell and challenging online....i LOVE IT :) go global as well

#64 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:53 AM

have you got anything else connected to your router? i only ask as i had 2 error codes for the first time this morning,i had the laptop on as well but as soon as i turned the laptop off it worked great again :)

connect physically no i think just my tv... but this shouldnt be an issue either way because I can play online games from other games just fine. people have been telling em the servers are just maxed out right now. So we will see tomorrow if not this will suck

#65 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:10 AM

Yuppers.  Loving it.

I can't find an option for multiplayer where I only use the gamepad and someone else looks at the TV.  The vertical split annoys me because it really does chop off the course and I find it hard to see.

If I play on the gamepad, that's splitscreen too  <_<.  Would have preferred a horizontal split so I can actually see the track like in the Wii version.

#66 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:12 AM

connect physically no i think just my tv... but this shouldnt be an issue either way because I can play online games from other games just fine. people have been telling em the servers are just maxed out right now. So we will see tomorrow if not this will suck

Saying that you may be right,might just be a coincidence that it worked when i switched the laptop off!! maybe it is to do with the amount of people playing :) i expect EVERYONE with a wii u is playing this game...cant blame them...its AMAZING

#67 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:06 AM

Saying that you may be right,might just be a coincidence that it worked when i switched the laptop off!! maybe it is to do with the amount of people playing :) i expect EVERYONE with a wii u is playing this game...cant blame them...its AMAZING

yeah I can only hope I want to get my online racing on

#68 Euro1989

Euro1989

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • NNID:euro1989
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Pokemon

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:16 AM

I need to stop gushing about this game but I can't! Best £49.99 I have spent in a long time! Loving the online play, I have made my way through 50cc cups, starting on 100cc this afternoon and tonight having a few people round to play some multiplayer! Hopefully get to 150cc cups tomorrow :)

Exciting weekend ahead haha!  

#69 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:46 AM

The question should be: Who hasn't gotten Mario Kart 8 yet?

And what the heck are you waiting for?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#70 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:47 AM

i started on the 150cc cup first lol opened all the levels now on that :)

#71 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:51 AM

POPULAR

Wonder what the Mario Kart 8 attach rate is for Wii U. 95% ? You'd be silly to own a Wii U and not have this title... in fact you should be committed to a mental institution. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#72 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:36 AM

And what the heck are you waiting for?

Oh I already have it. I about cried yesterday at how beautiful it was. It is a whole different experience playing it rather than watching videos or viewing screenshots.

This what I looked like when I saw it IRL for the first time:

WLW-SomeThingsReadCannotBeUnread_12B20-E

Edited by Villager, 31 May 2014 - 05:36 AM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#73 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:04 AM

Im playing with the replay glitch way more than I should.

Apparrently, the broken peices of shells dont rewind, so if you keep rewinding the moment of impact over and over again, you can stack more andmore shell kersploding shell debris.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#74 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:07 AM

Uh, you guys are late to the party. I've had mine since Wednesday. ;)

That said it is an awesome game. It's been a long wait for a new home console version but its certainly been worth it.

#75 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Did loads of races with my lil bro today, got a bit too into it as we started shoving each other to get to first place

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#76 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

I would hope this will boost the sales of the console considering how well its turned out and what a great multiplayer game it is both online and local.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 31 May 2014 - 06:09 AM.

#77 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:25 AM

Oh I already have it. I about cried yesterday at how beautiful it was. It is a whole different experience playing it rather than watching videos or viewing screenshots.

I know you have it, my comment was a continuation of your question :P

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#78 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:57 AM

Mmmmm, it's such a gorgeous game... I think I've got the opposite problem from most people though... The highly compressed videos and screenshots often looked better for me. See, I've trained myself to look through compression, and since it kinda creates a false anti-alias effect, as well as masking some low-poly stuff, I see a better-looking game than what it actually is. xD But nah, it still looks amazing, and the lack of AA doesn't bother me at all. I can barely tell it isn't 1080p, but that's just because I'm sitting like 12 feet away from the TV. :P There's a few spots where some more detailed models/textures would make a big difference, but it doesn't ruin the otherwise amazing experience. :)

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#79 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:40 AM

This is classic

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#80 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:48 PM

This game is too much fun, just got it today and having a blast.

Really smooth, feel no judder at all and that worried me a little before buying but overall a game well worth it's price tag (not to mention the free game included).

Did the first few cups and then hopped online for some 100cc action to learn the courses a bit more.

DK my character of choice and have been picking the standard Karts/Wheels etc for now. Might change my setup for better handling because there is a slight loss of speed right before drifting.

Still doing too many bad habits like using items too soon when I should keep them to stop shells etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!