Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:24 AM

PARIS - June 3, 2014 - Today, Ubisoft® announced ongoing record sales for Watch Dogs, which has sold-through more than 4 million copies in its first week, positioning it as the best-selling new IP at launch across the video game industry*. Having already broken sales records in the first 24 hours following its release, Watch Dogs is now the company's best-selling game ever in week one**.

"With such strong sales momentum and positive feedback from gamers, Watch Dogs has positioned itself as the must-have game of the moment" said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Ubisoft. "We're really proud of this achievement, and are confident that the Watch Dogs brand has a promising future."

The launch of Watch Dogs on consoles and PC was accompanied by the release of a free companion app, ctOS Mobile. The app allows gamers to connect with the Watch Dogs universe from anywhere, at any time, and is designed to enable revolutionary dual-screen gameplay, or even to be enjoyed as a standalone experience without the main game. ctOS Mobile has already been downloaded and played by more than one million people**. Watch Dogs will also be released on the Wii U™ system from Nintendo in Fall 2014.

Watch Dogs is set in Chicago and lets players become Aiden Pearce, a brilliant hacker seeking justice following a violent family tragedy. Pearce hacks into Chicago's Central Operating System (ctOS), which controls the city's infrastructure (security cameras, traffic lights, public transportation and more) as well as key data on the city's residents. The game uses the all-new Disrupt game engine to deliver stunning visuals and an incredibly immersive world.

Source:Ubisoft. 

Edited by Zinix, 03 June 2014 - 08:25 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:33 AM

Yeah, on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#3 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:48 AM

I hope MK8 outsells it by a week. That would be a sweet buck you to Ubi :D

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#4 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:22 AM

inb4 people Daisy about how this outsells MK8. WD was released on platforms. 4 million / 5 = 1.2 million, which is what MK8 sold within just a weekend so in comparison MK8 is still selling faster.

No sig.

#5 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:41 AM

Yeah, on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.

This is what you got to remember. Four million is a great number, but that's across five different platforms. MarioKart 8 sold 1.2 million in three days on one platform. Think about it.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#6 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:51 AM

This is what you got to remember. Four million is a great number, but that's across five different platforms. MarioKart 8 sold 1.2 million in three days on one platform. Think about it.

Yup. I know there's probably some other factor to consider when comparing sales, but I think Mario Kart 8's weekend sales are much more impressive than Watch_Dog's week.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#7 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

Yup. I know there's probably some other factor to consider when comparing sales, but I think Mario Kart 8's weekend sales are much more impressive than Watch_Dog's week.

I think the only other factor to consider is that no one can ever be as consistently good as Nintendo when it comes to making games. In other words, this is more impressive for Ubisoft compared to their other stuff. For Nintendo this is just another great game that made great sales.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#8 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:11 AM

I'd say it's impressive since it got those numbers without being a sequel.  Doubt the CoD people would be touting 4 million in a week for a Cod game.

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

Less than one mill per platform on average.

#10 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

Great that a new i.p. can come out and sell so much. 

#11 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:48 AM

Hopefully by the this time next year when steam rips it apart and sells its for $5-10 Ubi will have patched the pc version and made it playable 

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

And it only had about $3bl. advertising budget.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

So you can hype the crap out a terrible game with mediocre reviews and it still sells :wacko:

#14 Chronozoah

Chronozoah

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • NNID:Chronozoah

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

It's because they hyped the crap out of a mediocre game with good critical reception and it's (unsurprisingly) still selling.

Edited by Chronozoah, 03 June 2014 - 03:07 PM.

Assume that every post of mine is sarcastic or made playing devil's advocate.

including this one

#15 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

Wow that's a lotta games, a big week for gaming in general

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:13 AM

It's because they hyped the crap out of a mediocre game with good critical reception and it's (unsurprisingly) still selling.

AAA Studios:

14993003.jpg

Hapless, easily manipulated mainstream consumers:

dr+horrible+8.jpg

'Its okay, captain hammer will save us!'

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:19 AM

Glade a new ip sold that well, good game as well.

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:21 AM

Glade a new ip sold that well, good game as well.

dr+horrible+7.jpg

Doctor_Horrible_h2.jpg

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:51 AM

they'll probably have to sell at least 20 times that to make a profit

#20 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:20 AM

I do this really weird thing with video games, music and movies. I watch/play/listen to what is fun. I know! It's crazy. If something gives me some enjoyment to an extent that I think I've gotten my money's worth, I'm generally happy! I know, I should really be worried about the state of video games and the "bigger picture" but I honestly dgaf. If my buddies all want to pick up the newest COD game and play over skype a couple of hours a week? Sure, it's totally worth it. Watch dogs? It's a fun game, what's wrong with that? Do you not remember the pile of pure rainbowe that made up 95 percent of wii games? PC games? this newest trend for paying for a game that isn't even finished yet? I'm sorry, but sometimes I want a big budget, stupid popcorn movie/game to enjoy for a time.

I get tired of all of this hyperbole about the state of video games. Play what you want, don't play what you don't want. If you can't find something you want? All the better. Learn a frickin language or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!