Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:18 AM

http://mynintendonew...zelda-timeline/

lets have some last minute predictions before all is revealed

Edited by Crackkat, 20 December 2011 - 09:22 AM.

Posted Image

#2 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

Okay I think first off Minish Cap, SS, Oot, MM, WW, LA (Links Awakening), PH, LtP, and so on I havent gotten any farther....

I was so off...

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#3 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

By the looks of things, I don't think it'll reveal the full timeline. By the names of the chapters it looks like it's just restating everything we already know.
............... ____ WW->PH->ST
SS->OoT/
.............. _MM->TP

The only new thing I see coming from this is that they may confirm the placement of the original 4 games.

Edited by Andy, 20 December 2011 - 05:18 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:27 AM

well heres the results:

Main Timeline
1. Skyward Sword
2. Minish Cap
3. Four Swords
4. Ocarina Of Time

Split 1: Link defeats Ganon - childhood branch
a) Majora's Mask
b ) Twilight Princess
c) Four Swords Adventures

Split 2: Link defeats Ganon - adult branch
a) Wind Waker
b ) Phantom Hourglass
c) Spirit Tracks

Split 3: Link fails in Ocarina Of Time
a) A Link To The Past
b ) Oracles
c) Link's Awakening
d) The Legend Of Zelda
e) The Legend Of Zelda II

Edited by Crackkat, 21 December 2011 - 08:28 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:02 AM

a) A Link To The Past
b ) Oracles
c) Link's Awakening
d) The Legend Of Zelda

This doesn't seem right...

#6 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

This just place the games in a correct order but not giving us everything.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#7 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

Even if it is the official nintendo magazine's timeline, I'm not accepting it until Nintendo itself releases their timeline.

#8 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:57 AM

Even if it is the official nintendo magazine's timeline, I'm not accepting it until Nintendo itself releases their timeline.

lol, well, they are the official nintendo magazine -_-

Posted Image

#9 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:20 PM

lol, well, they are the official nintendo magazine -_-

But that doesn't mean they can speak completely for nintendo or miyamoto.
Originally, he said a Link to the Past was the first game.

#10 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:22 PM

But that doesn't mean they can speak completely for nintendo or miyamoto.
Originally, he said a Link to the Past was the first game.

Posted Image
I did not know that... meh, I still think that they wouldn't lie about it anyway :P

Posted Image

#11 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

well heres the results:

Main Timeline
1. Skyward Sword
2. Minish Cap
3. Four Swords
4. Ocarina Of Time

a) Majora's Mask
b ) Twilight Princess

a) Wind Waker
b ) Phantom Hourglass
c) Spirit Tracks

a) A Link To The Past
b ) Oracles
c) Link's Awakening
d) The Legend Of Zelda

Those tricky Nintendo folks! This actually makes perfect sense. But also remember, "Link fails" could be a mistranslation of Ganondorf escaped the Sacred Realm in Split 3, and he did not in Split 2. It could also mean Link never time-traveled. But lets be honest, I witnessed Ganon beat Link down a couple of times before Link actually became victorious...

#12 Turboblaze

Turboblaze

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, MLP: FiM

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

I like it, I never even thought of a third timeline.

#13 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:30 PM

well heres the results:

Main Timeline
1. Skyward Sword
2. Minish Cap
3. Four Swords
4. Ocarina Of Time

a) Majora's Mask
b ) Twilight Princess

a) Wind Waker
b ) Phantom Hourglass
c) Spirit Tracks

a) A Link To The Past
b ) Oracles
c) Link's Awakening
d) The Legend Of Zelda

I don't know about this. I pretty sure Ocarina only splits 2 ways. What's this about Link "failing" in Ocarina of Time? It can't mean that you run out of health and get a game over. Game overs, from a story point of view, never happen. When you get a game over the story just resets itself to where it was at your last save, or at the beginning of the area you were in. The characters in the game never recognize a game over, as the concept only exists from a game play point of view, not a story telling one. Have you ever known a games story to be altered by a game over? I certainly haven't. There's no alternate ending for if Ganon defeats Link in the final battle. You just have to fight him again. Therefore; Link failing in Ocarina of Time is a non-canonical event, leaving this timeline theory null and void until further evidence is presented.

I do think that there's a third split, but I don't think it comes from Ocarina of Time. I believe in the "Skyward Split" theory. I would go into more detail; but it is late, and I'm getting tired. I'll come back tomorrow and explain(unless I'm too lazy to, or I forget).

Edited by Andy, 22 December 2011 - 08:43 AM.

Posted Image

#14 Turboblaze

Turboblaze

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, MLP: FiM

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:48 PM

^I`m not exactly sure about this, but I think when Link travels forward in time in OoT, he unintentionaly leaves the present behind at the mercy of Ganon, causing the third timeline where he `fails`.

Edited by Turboblaze, 22 December 2011 - 08:46 AM.

#15 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:15 AM

I heard somewhere that the Link failing part is him returning back in time to retrieve a certain item or something. I guess it sort of works like this. In the game mechanics you can go back and forth through time as much as you like but maybe there is an actual canonical number Nintendo has. I'm not so sure about this but I think Link only has to actually go back in time one other time after you get the Master Sword and that is to get into the spirit temple or something like that. So maybe that is what they are talking about because Link vanished but the world still continued and he wasn't around any more because he had to get into the spirit temple as a child but in going back in time he created another universe without him in it sort of like how the split Zelda created that lead to Windwaker.

But then again this is Zelda and most likely the time line will always be kind of messy and incoherent because it wasn't originally planned to have one. But that's okay I love Zelda all the same.
Posted Image

#16 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:21 AM

If going back to get items counts, than there would be a fourth split as you also have to go back to get the lens of truth. It's impossible to go back in time only once through the game once. Does this mean that A Link to the Past and the games after it in this third split happen twice? This would also mean a split over the course of Majora's Mask, as you are required to time travel in that game at least once(and a lot more for most people). I believe jumping back and forth in time with the Master Sword in Ocarina of Time doesn't cause a full split in the timeline. If you'll notice, there are several things you'll see as an adult that you have to go back and cause as a child. Take the Wind mill for example. Before you leave to the Temple of Time to get the Master Sword for the first time, it's running just fine. However, when you get to it in the adult timeline, it's broken, with the Windmill guy saying that Link had done it with the Song of Storms seven years ago. After that, you have to go back to the past to actually use the song to break the windmill, causing the Windmill guy to be angry at you, and teaching him the song of storms that he will latter teach you (making the song of storms the ultimate time paradox). Also, when you first get to the Gerudo fortress as an adult, you'll hear someone tell you that Nabooru has already been placed in charge of the Spirit temple, indicating that she had already been kidnapped by twinrova, which doesn't happen until you go back in time to meet with her. Some may argue that "They could have kidnapped her anyway," but here's my question: Why would they need to? Nabooru wasn't a threat to them until Link came and agreed to get the Silver gauntlets for her. If Link hadn't showed up, She would have just sat there trying to figure out a way to get them, and probably would have eventually given up. When Link succeeded to get the Silver gauntlets, she became a threat, so they had to get rid of her. Before you say that someone else could have came along and done all this the first time around; please, what are the odds of another hid with the appropriate arsenal of weaponry to get through the temple coming along any time soon?

Edited by Andy, 23 December 2011 - 12:33 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:35 AM

Eh... I've always assumed time and time in fiction to be nonlinear, so that paradoxes can exist.

But Miyamoto never said this was the timeline, and it probably isn't. The Zelda games weren't meant to have a strict timeline, it is only there to please the fans. Just wait until another game comes out that shatters the timeline again or creates yet another time split.

#18 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:51 AM

UPDATE: http://mynintendonew...zelda-timeline/
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zelda, timeline, zelda timeline

0 user(s) are reading this topic