• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#61 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:19 AM

I wanna see more than just a picture. I want to see its source. I have trouble believeing this study when i hear you guys account for about 50% of shootings in first world. And have a way more serious gang problem than pretty much wvery country there.
That could very well be true. You could be treated with respect wherever you go, but that doesn't mean pople don't dislike your country. Many smaller countries don't insult americans for many reasons. Tourism is one. Slave trade is another heard of (though that's less common

Its a collection of reported crime statistics released from each countries government. You are not prepared for this. You are completely ignorant, and as such completely and absolutely incompetent for even recognizing the requirements for knowing what you are talking about. You are a child running off of hearsay, xenophobia and good old media sensationalism. But sure, lets do this, with a heaping helping of Canadian xenophobe bs style thrown back in your face on top of the facts.

You cant figure out why you have a higher violent crime rate even though you have less guns? That would be because you STAB THEM TO DEATH or BEAT THEM TO DEATH instead of using a gun, or instead of shooting the person trying to stab or beat you to death in self defense.

http://www.statcan.g....htm?fpv=269303
http://www.fbi.gov/a...e/violent-crime
So tell me Canuck is your own god damn government recording your own damn crimes trustworthy enough for you?
c-g01-eng.gif
iLnskHOB4VAEc.jpg
oh calm down canuck. Im going to stop you before you try and make up any stories about data you dont understand, because your xenophobia controls you. This is total number of reported voilent crimes for the 400 million people in the United states, AND an estimation of unreported crimes added in, that you canucks didnt feel the need to bother with on your report. In order to get the crime per 100,000 citizens like your canadian graph shows, you would need to divide 400 million by 100,000, and then divide the resulting number by the 1,200,000 figure shown in the graph. WHich gets you 300 voilent crimes per 100,000 US citizens, and thats voilent crimes, as compared to canadas voilent crimes, the light blue line ending between 8-900. 3x LOWER than you psychotic, murderous, barbaric probably canabalistic and blood drinking (I mean, why else would you murder so many people when you dont even have guns to mind control you into doing it?) I mean, you maybe havent seen any, but ive seen them IN THEIR OWN ENVIRONMENT, practically ALL the canadians I have seen are blood drinking cannibals, or at least 900 out of every 100,000 and so ive seen plenty, and when they dont have knives, they use their hockey sticks to break open peoples skulls and eat their brains. I dont need to point out thats its only some, thats stupid its basically all you canadians with your beady eyes and flapping jaws, youre all alike, and yet deceptively incredibly polite.

Yes thats right, the recent reports show violent crime has fallen in america EVEN MORE than the reports the 2009 picture you had a problem with show. Violent crime in canada also dropped, by about 3%, but not enough to close the new gap instead of increasing it, making america now, 3x less voilent than canada in crime.

Good enough for the Xenophobe? ITS YOUR OWN 'PEOPLE' RIGHT? its from 'ONE OF YOU'. So you dont have to worry about some lying gun carrying, gangster american constantly spouting patriotic quips (Yo dawg, America the beautiful Yo, lets go shoot somebody with our guns we are allowed to have!). making it up.

There are what, damn near FOUR HUNDRED MILLION Americans. And only 40 million canadians. There are 10x the amount of people and therefore potential criminals, all having access to mind controlling guns, and yet you canadians have thrice the violent crime rate AT TEN TIMES LESS THE POPULATION, and WITHOUT GUNS.

That means, if you were in canada, particularly if you had the unfortunate luck of being an American in Canada, which is irrationally hating and xenophobic of Americans as you constantly demonstrate without any justifiable reason beyond stereotypes, generalizations, and complete and absolute lies that they tell everybody is the truth, like how voilent america is compared to them, you would be EIGHT TIMES MORE LIKELY TO BE THE VICTIM of a violent crime in canada or MURDERED BY BEING STABBED OR BEATEN TO DEATH by a canadian screaming about how arrogant you americans are and how violent you are, and how guns make people murdering savages WHILE THEY ARE BEATING OR STABBING YOU TO DEATH, than you would be in America.

Plus if you were in America, you would have a chance of defending yourself against said assailent by owning a gun in your home.

Welcome to reality Canuck. Dont let this news upset you so that you go out and perform a violent hate crime, probably against an innocent american who probably wandered over to canada for the free healthcare as he couldnt bear the impossible oppressive weight of obamacare, whom you hate for things they have never actually done but you have convinced yourselves is true through repeatededly saying the same unicorn tongue until people started believing it. I know you canucks are apparantly prone to voilence, I mean after all, 3x *Whistles* Restrain yourselves Canada, you cant solve all your problems by killing people.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#62 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

Yeah but a lot of other countries have those privileges as well, and more, and they don't go around spouting all that best country in the world crap.

I'll agree i'm probably the most obnoxious on the subject, but that doesn't make what i'm saying less true. Fact is i hate america almost as much as you hate ea, and i've very little patience for subtlety and beating around the bush these days. So when people try and defend america and american laws, and the  try to tell me i'm just against it because i'm tryig to be cool, i become easily irritated.

Also i'm very much NOT what i hate about it. I have no single allegiance to any particular country. Born in the Caribbean (and raised with mostly Caribbean values) moved to britain while still young, the  moved to canada after a coupe years. No matter where i go in the world, i am not one of them, and so i have no allegiance. Therefore i don't go around shouting that my country is the best since it's non-existant. If someone insults one f the countries i don't like, i very much consider the possibility they are right, and often agree with them. I DON'T Tell them they're just tryng to be cool.

The fact is, socially, america is a messed up country. If I can avoid it at ll in anyway i will live in i thin just about any other first world before america. I know this because i hve spent a lot of time in america, i have many american relatives who are american, and living in canada, when anything is broadcasted nationally for you, i hear about it. This is lso how i know that the group of americans you've deemed "mysterious" exist. I've encountered them in their natural habitat.

I didn't stereotype. At most i generalized by saying america, instead of "parts of america" or by saying americans instead of "certain people in america". I didn't do that for two reasons.

1. It's stupid

1.5 It's essentially just a formality, much like political correctness. If you're being rational you know i don't mean every single pwrson living in america.

2. I'm writing on a Wii U gamepad and hate touch screen.

Our internet speed rates come in at like 80th or something i think. we pay waaaayyyy more than we should. Ever been to britain? Unlimited internet is like 15 pounds. Cell phone service? Forget about it. rollover minutes were standard 10 years ago. Ratees are loads cheaper and there are plans fr everyone. TV? 999 channels is actually affordable, and doesn't bring tears to your eyes when you see the bill. I think the only countries we beat in money to quality ratio are third worlds.

I wanna see more than just a picture. I want to see its source. I have trouble believeing this study when i hear you guys account for about 50% of shootings in first world. And have a way more serious gang problem than pretty much wvery country there.

That could very well be true. You could be treated with respect wherever you go, but that doesn't mean pople don't dislike your country. Many smaller countries don't insult americans for many reasons. Tourism is one. Slave trade is another heard of (though that's less common).

On the oppoite side of what you've said, everyone i've talked to on the subject doesn't like america and will willingly admit much of the country is messed up.

And american culture is evrywhere because america is the most powerful country in the world. Look up neo colonialism and the westernization of culture. This isn't because everyone loves americans.

Also english isn't your language, and it sure as heck isn't popular because yoy speak it. The English language, believe it or not, was is the language of the English. And it was them who spread it to one third of the world's population through colonialism. America is just one of the colonies it was spread to.

Everyone is coming to your country because it's better than where they live now economically speaking. Also if you've ever read the grapes of wrath, you know how everyone thought there were jobs in California long after all the jobs had disappeared? I think that's very much the american situation, with opportunity taking jobs' place.

Just like the rich douche i described, people will still suck up to him if it gets them what they want.

also, please read what i said above about generalizing.

I think you mistook what's going on here. Everyone else is saying "i LOVE america and you're (i'm) just jealous"

but i agree. A completely ridiculous sentiment.

You're making generalizations about people just because of where they live, that's not right. There are over 300 million people that live in the United States, and they are all different. Not everyone in the US worships this place. Most people live here just because it's a free country and has good career opportunities, not to brag about it.

Btw, You were a fun person to have around on these forums, I mean you like Princess Peach and she can kick some @$$ in Smash Bros., but the fact that you're picking people out on where they live shows me you obviously don't care a person based on who they are. At least that's what I got from what you said.

I know this is going to sound really, really corny but... A person matters for who they are, you know, what's on the inside, not what race, religion, gender, etc. If you moved to the US, you would still be you. If I moved to Canada I would still be me. Same with everyone else in the world. Where you live can be the least of who you are. It all depends on who the person is and whether or not they want to be very patriotic, not so much the country.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#63 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:42 PM

Its a collection of reported crime statistics released from each countries government. You are not prepared for this. You are completely ignorant, and as such completely and absolutely incompetent for even recognizing the requirements for knowing what you are talking about. You are a child running off of hearsay, xenophobia and good old media sensationalism. But sure, lets do this, with a heaping helping of Canadian xenophobe bs style thrown back in your face on top of the facts.

You cant figure out why you have a higher violent crime rate even though you have less guns? That would be because you STAB THEM TO DEATH or BEAT THEM TO DEATH instead of using a gun, or instead of shooting the person trying to stab or beat you to death in self defense.

http://www.statcan.g....htm?fpv=269303
http://www.fbi.gov/a...e/violent-crime
So tell me Canuck is your own god damn government recording your own damn crimes trustworthy enough for you?
c-g01-eng.gif
iLnskHOB4VAEc.jpg
oh calm down canuck. Im going to stop you before you try and make up any stories about data you dont understand, because your xenophobia controls you. This is total number of reported voilent crimes for the 400 million people in the United states, AND an estimation of unreported crimes added in, that you canucks didnt feel the need to bother with on your report. In order to get the crime per 100,000 citizens like your canadian graph shows, you would need to divide 400 million by 100,000, and then divide the resulting number by the 1,200,000 figure shown in the graph. WHich gets you 300 voilent crimes per 100,000 US citizens, and thats voilent crimes, as compared to canadas voilent crimes, the light blue line ending between 8-900. 3x LOWER than you psychotic, murderous, barbaric probably canabalistic and blood drinking (I mean, why else would you murder so many people when you dont even have guns to mind control you into doing it?) I mean, you maybe havent seen any, but ive seen them IN THEIR OWN ENVIRONMENT, practically ALL the canadians I have seen are blood drinking cannibals, or at least 900 out of every 100,000 and so ive seen plenty, and when they dont have knives, they use their hockey sticks to break open peoples skulls and eat their brains. I dont need to point out thats its only some, thats stupid its basically all you canadians with your beady eyes and flapping jaws, youre all alike, and yet deceptively incredibly polite.

Yes thats right, the recent reports show violent crime has fallen in america EVEN MORE than the reports the 2009 picture you had a problem with show. Violent crime in canada also dropped, by about 3%, but not enough to close the new gap instead of increasing it, making america now, 3x less voilent than canada in crime.

Good enough for the Xenophobe? ITS YOUR OWN 'PEOPLE' RIGHT? its from 'ONE OF YOU'. So you dont have to worry about some lying gun carrying, gangster american constantly spouting patriotic quips (Yo dawg, America the beautiful Yo, lets go shoot somebody with our guns we are allowed to have!). making it up.

There are what, damn near FOUR HUNDRED MILLION Americans. And only 40 million canadians. There are 10x the amount of people and therefore potential criminals, all having access to mind controlling guns, and yet you canadians have thrice the violent crime rate AT TEN TIMES LESS THE POPULATION, and WITHOUT GUNS.

That means, if you were in canada, particularly if you had the unfortunate luck of being an American in Canada, which is irrationally hating and xenophobic of Americans as you constantly demonstrate without any justifiable reason beyond stereotypes, generalizations, and complete and absolute lies that they tell everybody is the truth, like how voilent america is compared to them, you would be EIGHT TIMES MORE LIKELY TO BE THE VICTIM of a violent crime in canada or MURDERED BY BEING STABBED OR BEATEN TO DEATH by a canadian screaming about how arrogant you americans are and how violent you are, and how guns make people murdering savages WHILE THEY ARE BEATING OR STABBING YOU TO DEATH, than you would be in America.

Plus if you were in America, you would have a chance of defending yourself against said assailent by owning a gun in your home.

Welcome to reality Canuck. Dont let this news upset you so that you go out and perform a violent hate crime, probably against an innocent american who probably wandered over to canada for the free healthcare as he couldnt bear the impossible oppressive weight of obamacare, whom you hate for things they have never actually done but you have convinced yourselves is true through repeatededly saying the same unicorn tongue until people started believing it. I know you canucks are apparantly prone to voilence, I mean after all, 3x *Whistles* Restrain yourselves Canada, you cant solve all your problems by killing people.

We'll get to this. :)

Looking into it further. May take some time.

You're making generalizations about people just because of where they live, that's not right. There are over 300 million people that live in the United States, and they are all different. Not everyone in the US worships this place. Most people live here just because it's a free country and has good career opportunities, not to brag about it.

Btw, You were a fun person to have around on these forums, I mean you like Princess Peach and she can kick some @$$ in Smash Bros., but the fact that you're picking people out on where they live shows me you obviously don't care a person based on who they are. At least that's what I got from what you said.

I know this is going to sound really, really corny but... A person matters for who they are, you know, what's on the inside, not what race, religion, gender, etc. If you moved to the US, you would still be you. If I moved to Canada I would still be me. Same with everyone else in the world. Where you live can be the least of who you are. It all depends on who the person is and whether or not they want to be very patriotic, not so much the country.

I guess no one is reading what I'm saying to other people. Which means I will have to explain this to every one of you individually. :/

Calling what I'm saying ridiculous because I'm generalizing is a non argument.

What you're essentially saying its that because I didn't say "Some Americans do this" instead of "Americans do this" or because I didn't say "some places in america" instead of "in america" that everything I'm saying is wrong.

Essentially you're getting caught up in details. People say things like "in amercia" all the time. It's commonly accepted that when they say something like that, they obviously don't mean in every single state, town, city and household, because that's just ridiculous. No one in their right mind would think any country is that standardized. When I say things like in america, I mean it just like everyone else means it. I mean it's fairly commonplace. It's something that you're not surprised to see, because it happens all the time.

Further, I know you guys obviously feel like I'm picking on you because I'm attacking your country, but I'm not. If you look over what I've written, I haven't actually said a single insulting thing to anyone in this thread. Every person in this forum I base my relationship on what I've seen of them as a person. If, like you're all suggesting, I was hating on you all simply because you're american, then why don't I just insult you guys for being american? I never have and never would. Someone being american is obviously never going to be enough to put me off of someone. Like I've said quite a few times in this thread, I've been to america numerous times, and have a lot of american family. I know there are lots of great american people. Most of my "generalizing" has to do with certain cultural things that your country supports more frequently than others. As I've also said, I have my criticisms about every country, and the things they support more than others. I've already stated some of the problems I have with Canada, where I live

-side note: I mentioned Canada is incredibly liberal. They're also increasingly anti religion. That's a place where I definitely think america beats Canada. I know two, possibly three actual actual Christians like myself in my school. It's incredibly taboo (though Canadians will try to tell you otherwise) and trying to find support for Christian view is impossible. My world issues class had an (anonymous, thankfully) vote asking if you believe overall women should have the right to abort a child. I was the only person who said no, and people were outraged. It was considered disgusting, and the only reason a witch hunt didn't start right there was probably because 1. the teacher had to remind people it's okay to have opinions other than theirs 2. A classmate was kind enough to calm people down by letting them know it was definitely just someone trying to get a rise out of everyone with a sick joke. Not fun.- and acknowledged some of the Caribbean(where I was born, and the culture in which i was raised in)'s problems. The only reason you see me talk about america more, is because many of the problems I have with other countries are also present in america, and that's on top of all the problems that only they themselves have. Also america has huge stake and influence on pretty much every country in the world, so they almost always come up in the issue.

Anyway long story short. I don't hate anyone for anything they are. Heck I don't even hate anyone for anything they support. No one this forums has done anything to make me hate them, especially not something as silly as living or being born in america. In fact no one in america would make me hate them simply by being american. I'm not trying to offend any of you, and my generalizations aren't xenophobia or anything of the sort. It's just an easier way of writing.

Also Peach is awesome :3

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#64 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

I guess no one is reading what I'm saying to other people. Which means I will have to explain this to every one of you individually. :/

What you're essentially saying its that because I didn't say "Some Americans do this" instead of "Americans do this" or because I didn't say "some places in america" instead of "in america" that everything I'm saying is wrong.

Essentially you're getting caught up in details. People say things like "in amercia" all the time. It's commonly accepted that when they say something like that, they obviously don't mean in every single state, town, city and household, because that's just ridiculous. No one in their right mind would think any country is that standardized. When I say things like in america, I mean it just like everyone else means it. I mean it's fairly commonplace. It's something that you're not surprised to see, because it happens all the time.

Further, I know you guys obviously feel like I'm picking on you because I'm attacking your country, but I'm not. If you look over what I've written, I haven't actually said a single insulting thing to anyone in this thread. Every person in this forum I base my relationship on what I've seen of them as a person. If, like you're all suggesting, I was hating on you all simply because you're american, then why don't I just insult you guys for being american? I never have and never would. Someone being american is obviously never going to be enough to put me off of someone. Like I've said quite a few times in this thread, I've been to america numerous times, and have a lot of american family. I know there are lots of great american people. Most of my "generalizing" has to do with certain cultural things that your country supports more frequently than others. As I've also said, I have my criticisms about every country, and the things they support more than others. I've already stated some of the problems I have with Canada, where I live

-side note: I mentioned Canada is incredibly liberal. They're also increasingly anti religion. That's a place where I definitely think america beats Canada. I know two, possibly three actual actual Christians like myself in my school. It's incredibly taboo (though Canadians will try to tell you otherwise) and trying to find support for Christian view is impossible. My world issues class had an (anonymous, thankfully) vote asking if you believe overall women should have the right to abort a child. I was the only person who said no, and people were outraged. It was considered disgusting, and the only reason a witch hunt didn't start right there was probably because 1. the teacher had to remind people it's okay to have opinions other than theirs 2. A classmate was kind enough to calm people down by letting them know it was definitely just someone trying to get a rise out of everyone with a sick joke. Not fun.- and acknowledged some of the Caribbean(where I was born, and the culture in which i was raised in)'s problems. The only reason you see me talk about america more, is because many of the problems I have with other countries are also present in america, and that's on top of all the problems that only they themselves have. Also america has huge stake and influence on pretty much every country in the world, so they almost always come up in the issue.

Anyway long story short. I don't hate anyone for anything they are. Heck I don't even hate anyone for anything they support. No one this forums has done anything to make me hate them, especially not something as silly as living or being born in america. In fact no one in america would make me hate them simply by being american. I'm not trying to offend any of you, and my generalizations aren't xenophobia or anything of the sort. It's just an easier way of writing.

The tone you had in your writing sounded upset, so I was taking it as you didn't like America or their people. If you're not then that's good.

I personally think this thread should be closed because it hasn't been much more than an argument. I haven't particularly enjoyed reading everything in here.

And yes Peach is awesome...

She decided she was so awesome that she is standing up against Bowser.

[picture removed]

Edited by Mournblade, 15 July 2014 - 06:12 PM.
removed picture

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#65 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

I really like that this topic is spurring discussion, just don't take it too far. 

I really don't want to lock this thread because a few can't handle a discussion and others opinion. 

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#66 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

I really like that this topic is spurring discussion, just don't take it too far. 

I really don't want to lock this thread because a few can't handle a discussion and others opinion. 

Being a complete and unashamed Bigot, reveling in your bigotry is neither a discussion nor an acceptable opinion.

This is a textbook bigot downplay of bigotry. I literally cant beleive how blatant and oblivious it is.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#67 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

Wow. And here I thought the whole "I'm ashamed to be American" "America f yeah!" And other stupid crap died out like the spineless fad it was a few years ago.

In case anyone didn't get the memo.... It's not what the cool kids are doing these days.

That's great that you want the hot Persian girl in class to like you. But being so obvious as to crap on one of the very last bastions of freedom and the option to make something of your life just shows her that you're a spineless conformist who can't be bothered with anyway. Don't be sad when the soldier who actually risked something for this country snatches her away.

I can see not liking a current administration. Or the way some people do things, etc. but taking a dump on a couple of centuries of development to try to create an honest to goodness GOOD country is just ridiculous. You can simply leave. Get a citizenship in another country and abide by their much different laws and restrictions. See how you feel in 5 years.

One of the best things I did as an American is to attend a friends citizenship day. They are taught a brief historical overview, and great effort is given to understand why America exist, how it got here,NAND what it stands for. If you've never done so, attend. It will blow your mind and you will be humbled to the degree that you appreciate every ounce of what the United States of America is. Nothing's perfect. But America is quite possibly the best country in the world to live.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 15 July 2014 - 09:31 PM.

#68 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:29 PM

http://thinkprogress...rriage-bigotry/<br /><br />'No guys, we arent bigots, we love you guys, and we know some gays who are nice, we brought cupcakes. You just cant get married, well, cause... you know... you arent really people like us. But thats not bigotry! Here have a cupcake! Dont we all feel just silly willy now?'

Different subject.
Same.
Exact.
rainbow.
Bigot.
Logic.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#69 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:40 PM

Here we go.

This is the internet. Don't take it personally; otherwise you'll be the one red socks fan trying to start a fight in a bar full of New England Patriots fans.

Edited by grahamf, 15 July 2014 - 09:45 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#70 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:59 PM

Here we go.

This is the internet. Don't take it personally; otherwise you'll be the one red socks fan trying to start a fight in a bar full of New England Patriots fans.

More down playing of bigotry.

More like being that one bigot telling women he has control over their lives and bodies, who just cant figure out why people are calling that bigoted.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#71 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:31 AM

More like being that one bigot telling women he has control over their lives and bodies, who just cant figure out why people are calling that bigoted.

1. Stop with the name calling. I was happy to call myself the most obnoxious on this subject. You have stepped up to the plate and destroyed any hope of me having that title now.

2. I have had the abortion debate twice. Once on this forum, once in another. I won both times. I will not, however, debate it with you here. It's off topic, and the last thing we need is two debates going at once. Especially if one of those is abortion, as that almost invariably splits into several debates itself. The next time it comes up naturally as a topic however, I will be happy to hand your tail to you.

3. Have some patience. I'll try and get to your arrogant, somewhat ridiculous claims of me being a bigot, etc. tomorrow.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#72 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:12 AM

1. Stop with the name calling. I was happy to call myself the most obnoxious on this subject. You have stepped up to the plate and destroyed any hope of me having that title now.

2. I have had the abortion debate twice. Once on this forum, once in another. I won both times. I will not, however, debate it with you here. It's off topic, and the last thing we need is two debates going at once. Especially if one of those is abortion, as that almost invariably splits into several debates itself. The next time it comes up naturally as a topic however, I will be happy to hand your tail to you.

3. Have some patience. I'll try and get to your arrogant, somewhat ridiculous claims of me being a bigot, etc. tomorrow.

There is no name calling.

You are a bigot. Thats not a name, its something YOU DO.

You are bigoted against women, which you demonstrate constantly, and you are bigoted against Americans.

You are the text book definition of a bigot. Completely oblivious to your bigotry, because of a combination of priviledge and indoctrination.

You dont think you are a bigot, as youve amply demonstrated with the AMAZINGLY oblivious 'I won Abortion' attitude on full display without an ounce of reflection to the fact you just bragged 'I opress women and think they are inferior... And got away with it on the internet... TWICE!!!'. You just think the bigoted things you do are 'right' and 'just the way the world is'. Which is why you play up the victim when you dont get your way. Like in real life at school. Bigotry didnt go over to well there did it?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#73 Aplg8

Aplg8

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:58 AM

I will say while I greatly enjoyed living in Europe, running into people that stereotyped Americans was very annoying.  My personal favorite was at a pub in Denmark with my local friends.  We were drinking and having a good time, conversation was mostly in English as they all speak it.  A local heard my lack of a Danish accent an approached me.  Of course I got to hear about why George W. Bush was awful, we are all fat (I'm actually not), and was then asked "why do you leave your homeless on the street."  As I could tell, this person wanted to have a logical discussion about the countries' differences, I responded the best I could.  I explained to him that I left my homeless on the street because I did not have any guns to shoot as all five, my requirement to own as an American, were out for cleaning. 

#74 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

Well guess what? People are bigoted. Arguing on the internet is never going to change that. Stop for the moment and think of the Westboro Baptist Church. They have heard every argument telling them why they are wrong. Do they care? NO. They just keep on picketing regardless, and even revel in the attention they get. Arguing on the internet is the same thing. Once it has turned hostile everyone's more focused on standing their ground and the only thing they get out of their "opponent's" arguments is points that they have to counterattack.

And did you notice? My metaphor was a Boston baseball fan in a bar full of Boston football fans. A lot of bigotry does stem from ignorance, and ignorance stems from analyzing the information provided. And guess what? We really don't know that much about other countries unless we actually go there and sniff the soil. Most of my knowledge of the Nordic countries comes from Humon's Scandinavia and the World comic and Minna Sundbergs A Redtail's Dream and Sand Still Stay Silent. What I hear from China is rumors of Tinaman Square and all the deaths from the factories. What I hear from the USA is whenever a major shooting (Like the Christmastime Elementary School Massacre) makes Canadian news, random encounters with American day-time programming (like Toddlers & Tiaras), and everything picked on by humor sites such as FunnyJunk, 9Gag, and Uberhumour.

You may argue your points until you're blue in the face, and I still have no reason to accept your arguments over conflicting information that I already know. So stop fighting it hard, let it go, and maybe redirect the discussion away from sore points. The title is "is it bad to not like your own country" which means you can either direct attention to how people in other countries feel about their homeland, or simply remind foreigners that their opinion on the USA is not completely relevant to the discussion.

Edited by grahamf, 16 July 2014 - 11:25 AM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#75 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:27 AM

However bigoted comments should be against forum rules. So you may not be able to change thier wrong opinion but should stop them from posting such things on a forum.

#76 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

However bigoted comments should be against forum rules. So you may not be able to change thier wrong opinion but should stop them from posting such things on a forum.

That would be a problem. Much of what one person considers bigoted others don't. I thought that would have been proven the last time we had a discussion bout how blacks are treated in society.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#77 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

That would be a problem. Much of what one person considers bigoted others don't. I thought that would have been proven the last time we had a discussion bout how blacks are treated in society.

It's no problem when it's blatant and self admit it like you have been in this topic.

Edited by Ryudo, 16 July 2014 - 01:57 PM.

#78 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

It's no problem when it's blatant and self admit it like you have been in this topic.

I haven't said I'm a bigot.

And you calling it blatant only goes to prove my point.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#79 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

I haven't said I'm a bigot.

And you calling it blatant only goes to prove my point.

Not really. I was not even offended. You're just easily judgemental and lump people up and judge them all based on a narrow view.

That's just an obvious observation and you are quite defensive and in denial about it.

#80 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

Not really. I was not even offended. You're just easily judgemental and lump people up and judge them all based on a narrow view.

That's just an obvious observation and you are quite defensive and in denial about it.

I don't know why you being offended or not has anything to do with it.

You keep saying that but your only evidence is that i've said i don't like american culture.

In other words you have none.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!