• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

Zyro how do you have a 4000 plus Gamerscore when you just got the system?

Edited by Ryudo, 30 July 2014 - 10:02 AM.

#22 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:49 AM

I threw up a bit.

I am fine though.

I think it will be interesting to hear his perspective on the console and games.  In his video, he mentions that he will eventually get a Ps4.  Right now, except for Madden and possibly a few other games, there's just no reason for me to buy another console (not to mention a ginormous backlog of barely played games and then new releases).  Maybe next summer or even 2016, I'll feel "left out" enough to delve into one or both of the other consoles, but right now between the 3ds and Wii U, I've got more than enough.

#23 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

PS3 started off last gen pretty crappy and few reasons to buy it. Sony turned it around and flew right past 360. MS is attempting the same which is good as we all win as gamers. I just wish and know it won't happen they would get rid of tiles UI and it feels claustrophobic,I don't like it on any of MS devices. Games will come. Scalebound is the first for me(Ori will play on PC). Hope to see more JRPGs on XBO eventually. The biggest concern is the two people above Spencer want Xbox devision gone yesterday so is this MS last console and Xbox becomes a service for games on MS devices or what.

Like with PS3 became my fave system last gen willing to bet because region free and Sony systems get loaded with RPGs and quirky games PS4 will likely be my choice over WiiU as top console in a few years. Just wish my beloved Vita got more support :( Hoping Oreshika 2 arrives in the US soon. Just as of this moment WiiU has the most to offer.

#24 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

Contemporary game design on the super marketing force consoles.

To get an idea of what playing games on these systems is like, without having to fork over 5-600 bucks, here ya go, the ps4/xbone/AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 3rd party game simulation experience:

http://progressquest.com/
1. Start up progress quest.
2. Grab a pc compatable controller.
3. Open a mindless summer blockbuster action movie, and expand it to full screen.
4. Push random buttons on the controller, or repeatedly smash it into your face, it really doesnt matter, just watch all the awesome rainbow the dude on screen does!
5. Go back into progress quest and see all your trophies and acheivements!!!!
6. repeat.

Gamings never been better guys!!!

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#25 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

It seems people are more concerned with graphics and their own personal taste in games rather than anothers opinion, but they will go out of their way to say something else sucks. Just because of this I say congradulations!

I can understand if people think that a console is bad or a rip off, but saying it's a wrong purchase just because you like games on it and they don't is what is wrong.

Again, nice. I have one and I have no problem with it. Even if it's graphics are worse than PS4, you never notice it or think about it when you are in the middle of a game.

They're joking, at least I hope so, lol

Hope you have fun with it. Don't pay too much attention to these guys, they're all mostly joking.

And there you go, haha  :laugh:

If you look at my profile, and you check out my channel, it'll become pretty obvious how  ;)

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

Enjoy!  :laugh:

#26 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

They're joking, at least I hope so, lol

I doubt it. Most people on this site have a thing against Microsoft because they don't like the games or they have to pay for internet.

#27 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

I doubt it. Most people on this site have a thing against Microsoft because they don't like the games or they have to pay for internet.

Assuming most people are taking the same attitude I am; Personally don't have any interest in buying a Xbone, because not much appeal in games and also Msoft are kind of douches. However if someone else wants to get it, whatever, not my money.

Still warrants some fun-poking though :)

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#28 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:45 PM

Assuming most people are taking the same attitude I am; Personally don't have any interest in buying a Xbone, because not much appeal in games and also Msoft are kind of douches. However if someone else wants to get it, whatever, not my money.

Still warrants some fun-poking though :)

A lot of people like to attack those that buy the Xbucks. That's what I find annoying about it. I'm indifferent about people who don't care, but no one needs to detest people for having different interests than themselves.

#29 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:06 PM

A lot of people like to attack those that buy the Xbucks. That's what I find annoying about it. I'm indifferent about people who don't care, but no one needs to detest people for having different interests than themselves.

To be fair, Nintendo fans get even more hate.

But yeah, i agree it's dumb.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#30 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

To be fair, Nintendo fans get even more hate.

But yeah, i agree it's dumb.

Ugh, people who hate Nintendo are just close minded idiots who think graphics make a superior console. They don't even know that Nintendo was leading the sales charts for a long time. They might still be close, I don't know, I don't keep up with all of that lol

#31 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

Ugh, people who hate Nintendo are just close minded idiots who think graphics make a superior console. They don't even know that Nintendo was leading the sales charts for a long time. They might still be close, I don't know, I don't keep up with all of that lol

You mean for gen 8 home consoles? Cause in pretty much every other way they still are leading.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#32 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

You mean for gen 8 home consoles? Cause in pretty much every other way they still are leading.

Yes, that. I just go off of what other people say, and since I haven't heard much news about console sales lately, I just assume they are still leading :P

#33 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

As it stands now PS4>WiiU>XBO in total sales. Not shipped but sold.

#34 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:11 PM

It seems eventually I will have an Xb1 even though I have no desire right now. I've had a 360 since 2006 and have really enjoyed the last 8 years of gaming on it. I was the biggest Gears of War fan and then Judgment.... oh Judgment...

Was an addicted achievement fiend. The last game I finished on it was Final Fantasy 13: Lightning Returns. I'm too much into my New Wii U to want one right now but the announcement of a new Gears game will likely get my attention since Rod Ferguson is back developing it.

#35 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

Someone from this thread did a flip-flop, and turned their downvote into an upvote on that video...

Which one of you was it?!  :D

***AUTO-MERGED, ADDED LATEST VIDEO***

Sooo, want to know what a Nintendo fan thought of the Destiny Beta?  You don't care?!... I see how it is...

***AUTO-MERGED, ADDED LATEST VIDEO***

I decide to tackle the topic of Microsoft's Cloud... with Microsoft PowerPoint! :D

Enjoy!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

#36 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

You look and sound like a Luitenant I used to have. Of course, Hes much older now, but the resemblence is rather striking.

What you are talking about doesnt have anything to do with the cloud, um, beyond the servers comprising the 'cloud' storing and sharing the data.

It is, however, at least from your description a fine example of heuristics in videogames. Something thats been around actually, a very long time, but, unfortunately, is often ignored in favour of simper, faster, cheaper streamlined solutions.

Its also a viable use for an evaluation of playability.

Heather Desurvire, Martin Caplan, and Jozsef A. Toth wrote an excellent peice on it back in 2004.

http://userbehaviori...gheuristics.pdf
(
Love the stuff, but has nothing to do with the cloud, beyond transfer of data, and server processors processing the recorded data (offline), and then sending the finished product out.

The cloud has become a joke because Microsoft has marketed it as something the cloud simply can not do, because internet technology itself is not advanced enough to make it possible, nor does it look to be any time soon without a major breakthrough and paradigm shift in technology, Mictrosoft has attempted to promote the services impressive bandwidth, which is how much information can be moved at once (Like how many people a bus can hold), which is deceitful because bandwidth isnt really the limiting factor on realtime cloud processing for game use. Latency is, which takes into account how fast the data can electronically travel, in my example, that would be how fast the bus can drive.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#37 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

The Cloud. The modern version of "blast processing"

#38 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

i'm very tempted to get the upcoming Madden bundle.... Forza and then the next AC when it comes out. Madden sounds really cool bc it is supposed to actually teach you about the schematics of the game.  

#39 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

You look and sound like a Luitenant I used to have. Of course, Hes much older now, but the resemblence is rather striking.

What you are talking about doesnt have anything to do with the cloud, um, beyond the servers comprising the 'cloud' storing and sharing the data.

It is, however, at least from your description a fine example of heuristics in videogames. Something thats been around actually, a very long time, but, unfortunately, is often ignored in favour of simper, faster, cheaper streamlined solutions.

Its also a viable use for an evaluation of playability.

Heather Desurvire, Martin Caplan, and Jozsef A. Toth wrote an excellent peice on it back in 2004.

http://userbehaviori...gheuristics.pdf
(
Love the stuff, but has nothing to do with the cloud, beyond transfer of data, and server processors processing the recorded data (offline), and then sending the finished product out.

The cloud has become a joke because Microsoft has marketed it as something the cloud simply can not do, because internet technology itself is not advanced enough to make it possible, nor does it look to be any time soon without a major breakthrough and paradigm shift in technology, Mictrosoft has attempted to promote the services impressive bandwidth, which is how much information can be moved at once (Like how many people a bus can hold), which is deceitful because bandwidth isnt really the limiting factor on realtime cloud processing for game use. Latency is, which takes into account how fast the data can electronically travel, in my example, that would be how fast the bus can drive.

Thing is, I get exactly what you're talking about, but it's actually not the same topic (despite how it seems).  Giving AI human-like behavior is not the same as adapting to it.  In other words, the cloud is the only way to receive 100s, if not 1000s, (maybe even 10,000+) player scripts uploaded from their gameplay, have a program simply analyze "common" behaviors, and then have the AI "react" to this common behavior.  This cannot be done on a single local machine because the processing power required to create an AI that dynamically adapts on the spot to a single player is WAY beyond the power of a 6-core mobile CPU that is also running the system itself.

In other words, cloud computing IS required, and it's WHY many movies/books employ "hive minds" or "overlords" or some other form of "cloud" thinking.  The best way to manage how your forces (in this case, CPU enemies) react to another force (human players) is to cluster the data, and update all entities (CPU enemies).

Simply put, you're talking about individual AI becoming more life-like and reactionary, I'm talking about adapting simple AI to react to human behaviors.

The Cloud. The modern version of "blast processing"

I get the feeling you didn't watch it, you don't seem like the type to want to jump into an announced stereotype, hahaha  :laugh:

i'm very tempted to get the upcoming Madden bundle.... Forza and then the next AC when it comes out. Madden sounds really cool bc it is supposed to actually teach you about the schematics of the game.  

I'm not big on sports games, but I DO get that they're advancing the tech their thanks to the current generation of technology!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

#40 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

Thing is, I get exactly what you're talking about, but it's actually not the same topic (despite how it seems).  Giving AI human-like behavior is not the same as adapting to it.  In other words, the cloud is the only way to receive 100s, if not 1000s, (maybe even 10,000+) player scripts uploaded from their gameplay, have a program simply analyze "common" behaviors, and then have the AI "react" to this common behavior.  This cannot be done on a single local machine because the processing power required to create an AI that dynamically adapts on the spot to a single player is WAY beyond the power of a 6-core mobile CPU that is also running the system itself.

In other words, cloud computing IS required, and it's WHY many movies/books employ "hive minds" or "overlords" or some other form of "cloud" thinking.  The best way to manage how your forces (in this case, CPU enemies) react to another force (human players) is to cluster the data, and update all entities (CPU enemies).

Simply put, you're talking about individual AI becoming more life-like and reactionary, I'm talking about adapting simple AI to react to human behaviors.

I get the feeling you didn't watch it, you don't seem like the type to want to jump into an announced stereotype, hahaha  :laugh:

I'm not big on sports games, but I DO get that they're advancing the tech their thanks to the current generation of technology!

The cloud (which is nothing more than a server) is the only way to store and distribute it for massive public use, but everything else you said is pretty blatantly not true.

1. You are massively over selling what is happening. Drivatar is just dynamic scripting, and after looking into it further than your now obviously taken from marketing bulletpoint explanations from your video, via straight out of the mouth of Turn 10 and through the filter of a computer science education, a pretty weak, offline (Not calculated/adaptive in real time) version compared to the online stuff I saw a decade ago... I vastly over estimated it in giving it the benefit of the doubt... But... it is just a racing game, so it doesnt need much, as its restricted by a very obvious and controlling rule set (Race to the finish). Its probably only stored and distributed by the cloud, the actual generated scripts are written immediately to recorded data, offline, but on console.

2. You need to read up on machine learning and hueristics before attempting to make these uneducated claims, you think you are pointing out two seperate things, and find some manner of vindication, but in reality, both these behaviors, making ai more 'humanlike' and 'simple ai adapting to human behavior', are both done with the same solution, hueristics. The things you are telling us to imagine in the future were done a decade ago, exactly as you described. Also the fact you are using fictional movies as some kind of point is... Very... very... bad. Very bad. It doesnt require vast amounts of power, (most) game designers are just incredibly behind the times when it comes to adaptive AI, probably because they ditched trying it because of the in order floating point heavy branch sucky processors of the ps360 (Hueristics, and most things important to a game engine and ai require good branch performance, and benefit massively from out of order execution). Some of the most advanced huerestics in videogames so far have actually come out on the least powerful systems. The wii actually has quite the slew of them.

The emergent behavior in a little kings story could grow to become quite the spectacle. Never the same twice. I still wish I had caught the great hippie genocide on video. Again, this is the same solution required for 'drivatars', hueristic machine learning, except exponentially more advanced in its capability to expand.

Dwarf fortress, both fortress and adventure mode makes anything you have talked about here a complete and absolute joke, and its... not online at all (Internet online, ai adaption taking place on the fly is also called online, and in that context, Dwarf fortresses AI IS online, or it adaptively calculates on the fly, whilst forza is offline, with scripts generated after reviewing a recording of player input), and controls the adaptive ai's of hundreds of thousands to millions of characters throughout tens of thousands of years of hueristic ai generated history and events.

This AI is neither new, nor does it require vast amounts of power. In fact, it was advancing by leaps and bounds in the early 2000's... By 2004 they had entered a live field test of a popular mmorpg, with a clan of hueristic adaptive ai, and it not only conquered standard ai, but adapted to consistantly and decisevly defeat the best human teams, including human specific 'tricks' and strategies, within 15-30 rounds, consistantly. It was so successful they had to devise a new hueristics system to scale it back when it became to advanced for human players.

And then mainstream progress on hueristic ai dropped off the face of the earth around 2005-6. Hrm... Wonder what happened in 2005/6....

Im sorry man, but you got caught by very well done marketing trying to hide the fact that ai has stagnated and atrophied for the past 8 years due to humans and not hardware (All at the hands of the 'Cinematic gaming AAAAAAAA experience!!!!!), and hyping up simplistic dynamic scriptings, hoping no one remembers that they were blown out of the water back in 2004. Marketing pulled the bag over your head.

The cloud is not required for drivatars ai at all. The new scripts can and in all liklihood 99.99% are calculated and compiled offline (Both not during a race, and not in the cloud) JUST like sim city and the massive lie about how it was calculated in the cloud, but,in fact, was not and is on the system, and simply uses the cloud as a convenient method of distribution. The cloud does nothing more for drivatars than the cloud Nintendo uses (Yes, Nintendo has da cloud, technically everyone does) for Mario kart 8, distributing ghosts.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!