Photo

Gaza's Christians and Muslims ironically grow closer in defiance of Israel.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

Well there was a fire in 2012 in the building we all had to evacuate and thought my best friend for over a decade died. Then had another one couple weeks ago. Thankfully yeah everything is ok. You assume quite alot of people. Also you don't have to dawn a uniform to be forced in a position to kill or in danger of being killed and I can tell you from a few personal experiences. Sure even now many have it good comapred to others. Always someone worse off but can't assume people have not been in situations once or many times just as dire for similar or different reasons. I can agree it's freaking hell on earth over there now. I mean I know someone who's experience would yours seem tame from what you have said. I mean forget just having to kill ever had to eat another person? Yeah.

No doubt I have it pretty good now esp compared to my past and step one foot over there and be wishing to be back home in less than a second. Not going to deny that. Just Hell itself is not limited to a singe place or situation or even witnessing hell or surving it depends on where you are what patch is on your shoulder. It's all about perspective.

You havent even scratched the surface of the rainbow ive seen. Or heard. Or smelled. I only talk about the stuff I LIKE to remember. Typically the rare times when things actually work out, like when we stop a roadside execution without an engagement.

You want to know how I learned what death smells like? Its so strong you can taste it. Its disgustingly sweet.

No. Its about a LACK of perspective.

This article wasnt written to honor the dead, raise awareness, or anything like that.

It was written PRECISELY for exactly whats in the op.

So perspectiveless first world Wiis can masturbate their egos, And feel nice and good about THEMSELVES.

Specifically so they can say 'Well good for THOSE people. Im so proud of them. This is fantastic. Good came from this' and then feel like they did something, from the safety of their not blown up house with a smug rainbow eating sense of undeserved satisfaction.

Let me tell you EXACTLY what the people involved in that would say from THEIR perspective if you said this condescending unicorn tongue to their face.

'Why dont you go burn in hell, why dont you take, a flying Wii, at a rolling doughnut.'

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

I know the smell of death and suffering very very very well,something that will stay with me forever in multiple ways. I agree tho some dumb statements there lol. I was mainly commenting on you made it sound like all of us have no clue or story of our own that shares with death. Many might not but you just don't know what someones story is to assume. I know a old man who is very unassuming and quiet lives in my moms building but you find out he was once a high ranking officer in a 3rd world country and was a good man but in the 1970's was forced to evacuate drop his entire life he knew and forced into hiding in the US. He's never been back to his home and now on his deathbed. It is true many of us can't imagine being in uniform fighting and saw what you saw so you have a better perspective and a rather personal one on this pacticular subject. Just not right to think everyone here has lived a life of daisy's.

Edited by Ryudo, 31 July 2014 - 03:47 PM.

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

I know the smell of death and suffering very very very well,something that will stay with me forever in multiple ways. I agree tho some dumb statements there lol. I was mainly commenting on you made it sound like all of us have no clue or story of our own that shares with death. Many might not but you just don't know what someones story is to assume. I know a old man who is very unassuming and quiet lives in my moms building but you find out he was once a high ranking officer in a 3rd world country and was a good man but in the 1970's was forced to evacuate drop his entire life he knew and forced into hiding in the US. He's never been back to his home and now on his deathbed. It is true many of us can't imagine being in uniform fighting and saw what you saw so you have a better perspective and a rather personal one on this pacticular subject. Just not right to think everyone here has lived a life of daisy's.

I didnt ask if you knew what it smelled like. I was just generally describing it. I asked if you wanted to know how I found out what decomposing people smell like. And not the kind you find prepared in coffins. Its very different.

It is very clear I am not making assumptions about everybody.

I am pointing out a very specific thought response and EXACTLY what it entails to have that response to this. Which is 100% on the money.

Its not assumptions. Its perception. And its damn. DAMN good.

It is very, VERY easy to tell off of certain responses the absolute lack of perception individuals have.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

What I got so far: Eveyone in America that is of this generation is rainbow, holy crap missiles and mutilated bodies, and we now know 3dude has been through hell and back several times. Missing anything?

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#25 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

What I got so far: Eveyone in America that is of this generation is rainbow, holy crap missiles and mutilated bodies, and we now know 3dude has been through hell and back several times. Missing anything?

Well, unless he is way older than he pretends to be, he is actually in our generation, which is funny to me.

Oh, that and he assumes he's the only person who's been in war and thus seen that stuff.

I don't even...

#26 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

Well, unless he is way older than he pretends to be, he is actually in our generation, which is funny to me.

Oh, that and he assumes he's the only person who's been in war and thus seen that stuff.

People who have dont respond to this with that smug 1st world privileged oblivious unicorn tongue.

Gen X ended in the Late 70's/80 You self entitled priviledged ragbags are the appropriately named new 'Generation Me'.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#27 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

I can see why someone making a fool of themselves is funny. Especially when the person in question is someone with supposed authority.

LOL no I really don't think you know why I find this hilarious.

Holy rainbow you are privileged. You just have no idea. No horsing clue.

How the Wii do you know its nice you disgusting little terd?

TELL ME HOW horsing NICE IT IS TO CARRY YOUR MUTILATED horsing FREINDS TO A HOLE IN THE GROUND!

Oh but they are different religions, good for them. Let me condescend from my ivory tower in the sky and tell them how good it is they are getting along. Good job guys.

Tell me how horsing nice it is to carry people you dont even know into a hole in the ground. Dont even know how many people they were either because we cant find all the parts, we have three extra left feet. And unnaccounted hands... Maybe.

But its okay, because the shiites and the sunnis are crying together now. Daaaw isnt that nice?

Oh but yeah, yeah. its a tragedy Yeah sure.

Wii you.

3Dude, do you have tumblr? just guessing from the number of times you used the word "privelage".

Right?

But when I say that I don't like american culture and the way their country handles things, 3Dude calls me a bigot  :rolleyes:

Edited by WydrA, 31 July 2014 - 04:36 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#28 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

LOL no I really don't think you know why I find this hilarious.

3Dude, do you have tumblr? just guessing from the number of times you used the word "privelage".

Right?
But when I say that I don't like american culture and the way their country handles things, 3Dude calls me a bigot :rolleyes:

No, I dont use tumbler, reddit or like .

Your bigotry displays the same exact thought process. Ive witnessed it and its results thousands of times in over a dozen countries.

The only thing different is you dont have the power or societal approval to begin to act on it.

And no, its not Americans. Its the vast majority of
1st world citizens. Its an emergence of a not quite global culture that spans distances via the internet.

And its rapidly showing itself to be a major dissapointment.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#29 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

No, I dont use tumbler, reddit or like .

Your bigotry displays the same exact thought process. Ive witnessed it and its results thousands of times in over a dozen countries.

The only thing different is you dont have the power or societal approval to begin to act on it.

And no, its not Americans. Its the vast majority of
1st world citizens. Its an emergence of a not quite global culture that spans distances via the internet.

And its rapidly showing itself to be a major dissapointment.

Well first of all Reddit and tumblr are completely different things.

Second of all, me asking if you use tumblr was  somewhat of a joke (though you really do sound like someone from tumblr (not a good thing btw))

Third, I don't even know what you're trying to say in the rest of that post.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#30 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:35 PM

Well first of all Reddit and tumblr are completely different things.
Second of all, me asking if you use tumblr was  somewhat of a joke (though you really do sound like someone from tumblr (not a good thing btw))
Third, I don't even know what you're trying to say in the rest of that post.

And point proven.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#31 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:56 PM

And point proven.

LOL what point? That i don't know what your point it?  :laugh:

Edited by WydrA, 31 July 2014 - 06:56 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#32 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

All of you, cut it out. At this point all of this is off topic and you need to take arguments/personal insults to private messaging. I don't care whose fault it is. Don't put it on this thread. 

--

At this point, i'm seriously thinking that Israel and Palestine is going to go into an all out war. I'm pretty sure one country refused to do a cease fire. Either way, innocent people are dying, which is never good. 

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#33 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:30 PM

All of you, cut it out. At this point all of this is off topic and you need to take arguments/personal insults to private messaging. I don't care whose fault it is. Don't put it on this thread. 

--

At this point, i'm seriously thinking that Israel and Palestine is going to go into an all out war. I'm pretty sure one country refused to do a cease fire. Either way, innocent people are dying, which is never good. 

Well I don't think you can blame everyone but yeah, it should probably stop. Though it was fun(ny) while it lasted : P

Honestly I think the whole situation. All this over land from ridiculously long ago is just beyond stupid. Both religions in the represented countries tell people to let things the frink go so they should take a lesson and let it the frink go.

Edited by WydrA, 31 July 2014 - 07:30 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#34 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

Well I don't think you can blame everyone but yeah, it should probably stop. Though it was fun(ny) while it lasted : P

Honestly I think the whole situation. All this over land from ridiculously long ago is just beyond stupid. Both religions in the represented countries tell people to let things the frink go so they should take a lesson and let it the frink go.

Violence just fuels more hatred which fuels more war. It's definitely a difficult situation there, and i'm not really sure if it is going to solved. I don't think it will be solved by violence or a cease fire though. 

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#35 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:42 PM

This has much more to do than simple religious and land disputes.  This has a long history, a very very long history.  A history of fighting and pent up hatred on both sides.  When you have two groups who have been at it for such a long time, the violence only escalates.  You can't just say suck it up and forget religion, make up, when you have Israeli soldiers who guiltlessly open up fire on Palestinian children playing or when you have a group who decides to launch rockets at Isreal citizens not caring if Israel fires back. 

There are people who will only be satisfied knowing that they have killed someone on the other side and would do it again.

There are people who blindly believe that they are in the right for doing whatever it takes to protect their land, even if it means making enemies of citizens or killing innocent bystanders.

#36 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:15 PM

This has much more to do than simple religious and land disputes.  This has a long history, a very very long history.  A history of fighting and pent up hatred on both sides.  When you have two groups who have been at it for such a long time, the violence only escalates.  You can't just say suck it up and forget religion, make up, when you have Israeli soldiers who guiltlessly open up fire on Palestinian children playing or when you have a group who decides to launch rockets at Isreal citizens not caring if Israel fires back. 

There are people who will only be satisfied knowing that they have killed someone on the other side and would do it again.

There are people who blindly believe that they are in the right for doing whatever it takes to protect their land, even if it means making enemies of citizens or killing innocent bystanders.

I'm not saying suck it up and forget religion, I'm saying suck it up because religion. Both of their religions say to forgive, no matter how atrocious the crime because God will punish those who need to be punished (at least I think they say that, I'm just guessing from my knowledge of Christianity). I also realize that what i'm saying they should do isn't what they're actually going to do. But that doesn't mean it isn't what should happen.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#37 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

Sometimes it's a lot easy to say as a bystander, but yeah, I'd have to agree.

I don't even...

#38 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

Pretty sure he wasn't saying to be proud of the people shooting the missile.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#39 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:59 AM

Solution to whole problem.

The Muslim group Hamas can stop killing Israeli civilians and stop shelling Israel.

Boom. Problem solved.

What many seem to forget are the lengths Israel goes to minimize deaths. They actually broadcast bomb zones and give people chances to evacuate.

Guess who tells them to stay in the bomb zones? Hamas.

And Israel somehow is the "bad guy"

Guess who willingly gave their land to the Arabs so they'd have a place to love? Israel. And the thanks they get...rockets and whining to get even more land.

Israel wins land In war. And what do they do? Give back. Heck, Texas didn't even do that after winning the Alamo.

People need to quit buying into the media portrayal of the same propaganda over and over.

It's sad when people die. And people die in war. No one should be happy about that. And whether or not Hamas has called it war, it's what they've been perpetrating constantly for years. And the horrific murder of three innocent children just because they were Jewish, was the last straw.

There has been a war.and just because Israel is better at it doesn't make them the bad guy. It makes them the winner. And that's a good thing.

All that has to happen for everything to stop is for Hamas to stop terrorizing Israel, attacking Israeli citizens, and agree to stop.

That's is literally the solution.

If anyone deserves the ire of the world, it is Hamas in this situation.

Ona side note: Also, Christians uniting with Muslims against Israel smells of manipulation and quite possibly lies. Christians know Israel is not the enemy here. Even if they are sadly suffering consequences of a war.

Islam and Christianity are not compatible and Christians know the importance of Israel. Muslim are taught to hate Jews from a young age and a hatred of Christianity often factors in as well. But Christians are taught to love even their enemies, so it should make sense that Christians reach out to those who are hurting regardless of reason.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 03 August 2014 - 03:13 AM.

#40 Ledo Jaeger

Ledo Jaeger

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • NNID:Aarony

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

^ Thank you socalmuscle.

Hamas is a scum group with the destruction of Israel written into their charter. They're violent, hateful, and use women and children as their shields.

I've heard so many reports of Israel firing warning shots onto certain houses or roofs - only to have Palestinians run into those houses, or women and children to gather on those roofs. There's something deadly wrong about that. Israel goes insanely out of their way to warn, warn, warn. Days before the ground operation began they dropped leaflets to more than 100,000 Gazans warning them to get away from the border. Hamas does everything in their power to keep those Gazans where they are.

No war time is good time. But, undoubtedly, Hamas is the evil one here. Singing ditties about wiping out all the Zionists and 'exterminating the cockroaches' nest (Israel)'. The Palestinians are used in these events to advance the anti-Israel sentiment throughout the world.

I've seen too many protests, too many demonstrations, calling for the extermination of the Jews over this Gaza war. It's not 100 years past Hitler, but his spirit is alive and well. Never again. Not in this century. I stand entirely for the Jews and pray for the peace of Israel, and the restoration of the Palestinians, who the God of Israel also loves.

http://mfa.gov.il/mf...0-jul-2014.aspx

"At 10 am on August 1, despite the UN/US-backed humanitarian ceasefire which began at 8 am, rockets were fired at the Gaza periphery, including the Kerem Shalom Crossing for humanitarian aid to Gaza, which was closed due to rocket fire.

Israel will reopen the crossing today (3 August) to allow 200 trucks of humanitarian aid, including medications and medical equipment, into the Gaza Strip."

Edited by Ledo Jaeger, 03 August 2014 - 11:00 AM.

In other words, I love you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!