Photo

Gaza's Christians and Muslims ironically grow closer in defiance of Israel.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

Solidarity between the Christian minority and Muslim majority is growing in Gaza as both suffer under the Israeli offensive, with churches sheltering all religions and prayers being offered up on all sides Without prior warning, an Israeli missile hit the house of the Ayyad family last Saturday. The Ayyads, who are Christian, were the first family among the tiny minority in Gaza to be targeted since the offensive began three weeks ago.

The Ayyad’s home was severely damaged. Furniture was ruined and family belongings such as children’s toys were strewn everywhere as a result of the missile’s impact. But naturally the human cost was much greater.

Jalila Ayyad was known among the people of Gaza as a woman that had nothing to do with any militia groups. “We are a Christian minority and have no links to Hamas or Fatah - we keep to ourselves and avoid problems,” says Fouad Ayyad, Jalila’s nephew.

Fouad is also the name of the bereaved husband of Jalila Ayyad. Standing in a white T-shirt stained with the blood of his wife and son - who was also seriously injured in the attack. Without prior warning, an Israeli missile hit the house of the Ayyad family last Saturday. 

Father Manuel Musallam, a former priest of the Latin Church, has always been an advocate for Palestinian unity. “When they destroy your mosques, call your prayers from our churches”. 

Mosques stand next to churches along the thin coastal enclave. George Ayyad, a relative of Jalila, rejects the idea that Christians will leave Gaza after this incident. “This is exactly what the Israelis want, but where should we go?” he questions, before he continues “This is my homeland and we are Christians here in Gaza for more than 1,000 years and we will remain.”

A memorial service was held on Sunday for Ayyad at Porphyrius Greek Orthodox Church on Sunday. The church has become a haven not just for Christian but also hundreds of Muslim families seeking shelter there as the offensive drags on.

“The church has been our hosts for the past two weeks, offering food, clothes and whatever we needed, their loss is our loss, their pain is our pain,” says 45-year-old Abu Khaled.

At the memorial service for Jalila, Archbishop Alexios said: “Another human being, an innocent one, has lost her life." In the pews, crowds of Palestinian Christians sobbed as first from their tiny minority to be killed in the conflict was laid to rest.

In something that surprised local journalists, Jalila’s body was carried by both Muslims and Christians to the grave. It seems the shared wounds, mourning and rage are bridging past divides in war-ravaged Gaza.

Last week, Gaza’s Greek Orthodox Church also sustained damage by Israeli artillery shelling. Fifteen graves were damaged and damage was also caused to the Church’s sole hearse, says Kamel Ayyad, a parish member.

“The world must realise that Israel’s missiles don’t differentiate between Christians and Muslims,” said Abu.
During the memorial, bible scriptures were recited before Ayyad’s body was carried out and placed in a simple white coffin that had been decorated with a black cross. Homeless Christians and Muslims brought out her remains together in the same community where Jalila will be buried, in the town she was born: in Gaza.

A Virgin Mary icon was placed in Jalila’s coffin while her relatives sang “Hallelujah.”

Full Article: http://www.middleeas...tacks-372261379

http://www.middleeas...g?itok=rkmeBKfS

This is something to be proud of. Revolutionary and fantastic. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

Neither revolutionary nor something to be proud of really. As Christians, this is something they should be doing anyway.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#3 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:01 PM

Neither revolutionary nor something to be proud of really. As Christians, this is something they should be doing anyway.

Kek.

I don't even...

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:00 AM

It is neither revolutionary, nor fantastic, and sure as hell nothing to be proud of.

A horsing missile landed in a persons horsing house.

Sad. Heartwrenching, horrifying, with a bittersweet end.

But holy Wii dude. Proud and fantastic? Seriously? A missile landed in a horsing house.

Holy crap I spent half a decade in the middle east, and I never, NEVER accidentally shot a heat or mpat through someones home, or gave a grid to drop a jdam on somebodies house, on purpose or via incompetence.

I would be spending eternity in Leavenworth if I had.

This is unicorn tongue.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

It is neither revolutionary, nor fantastic, and sure as hell nothing to be proud of.

A horsing missile landed in a persons horsing house.

Sad. Heartwrenching, horrifying, with a bittersweet end.

But holy Wii dude. Proud and fantastic? Seriously? A missile landed in a horsing house.

Holy crap I spent half a decade in the middle east, and I never, NEVER accidentally shot a heat or mpat through someones home, or gave a grid to drop a jdam on somebodies house, on purpose or via incompetence.

I would be spending eternity in Leavenworth if I had.

This is unicorn tongue.

Yeah but it was done by Israel so that makes it okay. :P 

pNgecl.gif

#6 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

Pretty sure he wasn't saying to be proud of the people shooting the missile.

I don't even...

#7 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:42 AM

On the topic of Gaza, I read something the other day that said something along the lines of this: 

"My empathy for the suffering in Gaza does not make me anti-semitic, nor does it make me anti-Hamas or anti-Israel. It makes me human."

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:30 PM

Pretty sure he wasn't saying to be proud of the people shooting the missile.

No horsing rainbow. But thanks for proving exactly how disgustingly detached you Wiis are.

It doesnt matter that a missile landed in somebodies house. In their horsing home. Because its not like you have to worry about that.

But lets downplay the Wii out of that and make a cutesy story about togetherness.

Oh look! they are dragging the blown to Wii burnt carcass to a hole in the ground TOGETHER guys!

Isnt that just SUPER! Yay! hooray! fantastic! lets be armchair activist proud for them thousands the Wii miles away in homes with no missiles in them, like, ever.

south-park-smug-313.gif

'good job guys! You sure learned a valuable lesson! Thats fantastic, Im so proud of you!' Boy im hungry. Lets go walk down the not exploding drive way into our not blown up car, and go get a supersized Wiiburger from our not blown the Wii up burger king now.'

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

Wow, someone seems salty today. 

I don't even...

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

Unbelievable.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

Unbelievable.

Can we keep this going? It's comedy gold.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:09 PM

Unbelievable.

iViZCAMwPTo52.jpg

#13 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

I can see why someone making a fool of themselves is funny. Especially when the person in question is someone with supposed authority.

I don't even...

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

I can see why someone making a fool of themselves is funny. Especially when the person in question is someone with supposed authority.

Yeah. Never mind the dead people you priviledged Wii.

Its not like youve ever been over there and seen or talked to them.

They arent even really people to you rainbows anyways. Just words about something in a place that may as well be a fairy tale.

Why else would you be cracking jokes over a freshly dead person? Oh ha ha so funny!

You priviledged Wiis need a serious kick in the teeth.

You are so disgustingly fake with your bs lottle puje posts about 'empathy' in things like the 'school priorities thread' and then obliviously pull crap like this.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

I'm not sure what glasses you are wearing to think I am happy those people die. Or maybe the problem is that you need them. Either way, you can stop assuming that. xP 

It is a tragedy, but it's also nice that people can come together after things like that. It's just like all the people that banded together after hurricane Katrina. Or are you annoyed about that as well?

(I hope you guys are enjoying this, normally I'd just ignore this guy.)

Edited by SteventheSlayer, 31 July 2014 - 01:51 PM.

I don't even...

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

I'm not sure what glasses you are wearing to think I am happy those people die. Or maybe the problem is that you need them. Either way, you can stop assuming that. xP 

It is a tragedy, but it's also nice that people can come together after things like that. It's just like all the people that banded together after hurricane Katrina. Or are you annoyed about that as well?

Holy rainbow you are privileged. You just have no idea. No horsing clue.

How the Wii do you know its nice you disgusting little terd?

TELL ME HOW horsing NICE IT IS TO CARRY YOUR MUTILATED horsing FREINDS TO A HOLE IN THE GROUND!

Oh but they are different religions, good for them. Let me condescend from my ivory tower in the sky and tell them how good it is they are getting along. Good job guys.

Tell me how horsing nice it is to carry people you dont even know into a hole in the ground. Dont even know how many people they were either because we cant find all the parts, we have three extra left feet. And unnaccounted hands... Maybe.

But its okay, because the shiites and the sunnis are crying together now. Daaaw isnt that nice?

Oh but yeah, yeah. its a tragedy Yeah sure.

Wii you.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

Lolwut.

Alright, I had my fun. Goodnight everybody.

I don't even...

#18 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

I got to see my fathers helter skelter corpse with his bit off tongue and bloody hand prints all over the walls oh and all the blood from his mouth oooh what a wondeful joy that was! I felt so privlidged that day.

That is only one of my hundreds of fun times in life! :)

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

Lolwut.

Alright, I had my fun. Goodnight everybody.

Seriously? fun?

Yeah I bet it is so much fun when you dont even have to think about about your house being blown up.

Your generation is disgusting and worthless.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

Seriously? fun?

Yeah I bet it is so much fun when you dont even have to think about about your house being blown up.

Your generation is disgusting and worthless.

Well there was a fire in 2012 in the building we all had to evacuate and thought my best friend for over a decade died. Then had another one couple weeks ago. Thankfully yeah everything is ok. You assume quite alot of people. Also you don't have to dawn a uniform to be forced in a position to kill or in danger of being killed and I can tell you from a few personal experiences. Sure even now many have it good comapred to others. Always someone worse off but can't assume people have not been in situations once or many times just as dire for similar or different reasons. I can agree it's freaking hell on earth over there now. I mean I know someone who's experience would yours seem tame from what you have said. I mean forget just having to kill ever had to eat another person? Yeah.

No doubt I have it pretty good now esp compared to my past and step one foot over there and be wishing to be back home in less than a second. Not going to deny that. Just Hell itself is not limited to a singe place or situation or even witnessing hell or surving it depends on where you are what patch is on your shoulder. It's all about perspective.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!