GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:16 PM

People still play these games? I really wish the series would just die out but people keep throwing money at it for some strange reason.

That can be said about so many game franchises. Even mario has had this stigma for years. I think it is the miltiplayer aspect that keep bringing players back. I still as I did last night enjoy a couple good online matches. Yes I can see why people are tired of it and it might not be everyone cup of tea but obviously they are still selling to million of gamers a year. They also have the new strategy in line now where each development group get basically three years to work on their game. So hopefully some fresh and invigorating ideas can come that.

#22 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:41 PM

People still play these games? I really wish the series would just die out but people keep throwing money at it for some strange reason.

It's like a bag of Doritos: it's mindless fun that you can easily enjoy, but it's not that great and you can do much better.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#23 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:57 PM

Same reason McDonald's is still in business. Cheap but accessible quick garbage.

Edited by Ryudo, 16 April 2015 - 05:58 PM.

#24 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:12 PM

It's like a bag of Doritos: it's mindless fun that you can easily enjoy, but it's not that great and you can do much better.

Same reason McDonald's is still in business. Cheap but accessible quick garbage.

I wouldn't call a bag of doritos 'mindless fun' but I get what you mean. I also wouldn't call these games cheap because they're full priced retail games, they're definitely accessible and that's the main source of appeal but it's just odd to me that these companies can sell the same game and people still pay good amount of money for them. It's the same damn game and it's not even a good one, like you both said it's accessible, mindless fun. Consumers are stupid.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#25 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:26 PM

I wouldn't call a bag of doritos 'mindless fun' but I get what you mean. I also wouldn't call these games cheap because they're full priced retail games, they're definitely accessible and that's the main source of appeal but it's just odd to me that these companies can sell the same game and people still pay good amount of money for them. It's the same damn game and it's not even a good one, like you both said it's accessible, mindless fun. Consumers are stupid.

Cheap fun as in simple. It doesn't make you think, nor is it difficult. Also, even though they're all mediocre at best, there is a noticible difference in lit between the three studios, with the Treyarch games (the ones I like) being the best of the three.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#26 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:57 PM

Cheap fun as in simple. It doesn't make you think, nor is it difficult. Also, even though they're all mediocre at best, there is a noticible difference in lit between the three studios, with the Treyarch games (the ones I like) being the best of the three.

Well fun is fun in my book. Hope they put the treyarch Wii u dev team to work and give us an outstanding game. But I did like COD Ghost campaign over Blops 2

#27 Dark7aura

Dark7aura

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • NNID:Dark7aura
  • Fandom:
    LoZ, TES, CoD

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:59 PM

I think that if they do have enough people interested, they will do it. We just need to kick up enough of a stink, I also have Ghosts and Black Ops II and love them both. I'd love to see the next installment make it's way to the Wii U.

ZPnYMHj.png

#28 Merky_Water

Merky_Water

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:00 PM

While I hoped the franchise would head backward in time rather than keeping with the futuristic stuff, I'll be getting it so long as they keep a motion control option.  They do seem the only franchise to really master that control method.  While I wish Medal of Honor stuck with it, they really had only scratched the surface of motion before throwing in the towel.

I bought BO2 and Ghosts.  While I enjoyed them both, I still head back to BO2 fairly regularly.

For it's futuristic time period, I wasn't the least bit disappointed the U missed AW.  I can take or leave the premise of BO3 but would love to support CoD's return to the platform.  What I really hope for is the next installment taking place in present or historical times with appropriate weaponry.  ..as well as I'd like to see it every 2 or 3 years rather than a yearly installment.  Just throw us more DLC rather than selling us a whole new disc.  I'd bet you'd make out better that way in the end.

merky-banner2.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: COD, Call of Duty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!