magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:25 PM

Apparently, Iwata has tweeted acknowledging the unfavorable reaction towards the Nintendo Digital Event. This is what he had to say:

Thank you for watching. We take opinions of this year’s Digital Event seriously and will work to better meet your expectations.

Source

Well you damn well better improve next year!  :angry:

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:50 PM

The pacing of the direct was not good at all. Aside from the content, the pacing can make or break it.

The developer interviews was a bit too much... Ok for Star Fox since we didn't see anything or hardly anything previously. The dev talk about about Tri Force Heroes.. a bit too long and the lady gabbing about Yoshi Wolly World and it's amiibo should of been cut. We know and have seen a lot about that game, save that for a mini direct for the game itself.

They should of opened with Ultra Smash Tennis, had Star Fox in the middle and ended with Tri Force Heroes and a quick... Zelda U... is still coming .

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:11 PM

I really hope they do that... and i hope they look at the competition and look at what they are doing and take notes.

#4 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:14 PM

It wasn't just the pacing, it was the content.

We have a mainline Starfox that looks like it's just a reimagined Starfox 64 (still awesome) that seems to require gyro controls (fail).

New Fire Emblem (awesome).

Xenoblade Chronicles X release (so painfully far away, but still loved).

Jpop Fire Emblem/Persona/Vocaloid (I honestly don't know what to think about that).

Yoshi Wooly World (it looks cute, we get it)

That's literally it for mainline games. Everything else was a side game or an Amiibo advertisement. Show off Fatal Frame or Devil's Third? You know, games that gamers would actually like. No, we need a lady talking about how she made yarn Yoshis. If this is what Nintendo is being transformed in to then count me out.

pNgecl.gif

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:19 PM

I kept hearing that transformation word but yet Platinum Games / Activision isn't bringing it to Wii U  ^_^

I sense devastation .

It wasn't just the pacing, it was the content.

We have a mainline Starfox that looks like it's just a reimagined Starfox 64 (still awesome) that seems to require gyro controls (fail).

New Fire Emblem (awesome).

Xenoblade Chronicles X release (so painfully far away, but still loved).

Jpop Fire Emblem/Persona/Vocaloid (I honestly don't know what to think about that).

Yoshi Wooly World (it looks cute, we get it)

That's literally it for mainline games. Everything else was a side game or an Amiibo advertisement. Show off Fatal Frame or Devil's Third? You know, games that gamers would actually like. No, we need a lady talking about how she made yarn Yoshis. If this is what Nintendo is being transformed in to then count me out.

I agree, the content was lacking hard too. I guess my main point was, even without other announcements or things to show "new" from Nintendo, spicing up and pacing the direct better with stuff from Fatal Frame, Fast Racing Neo, Devils Third... maybe a sneak peak at more splatoon stuff coming? That could of eased the sense of nothingness .

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:32 PM

I don't even care for next year anymore. I won't 'please understand' 1 more. This is it. A brutal spit in the face of your most loyal customers.

30 years of Mario, a hard but true moment. A moment to leave this broken childhood feeling behind and move on, to the future. A future where I don't even care anymore if Nintendo has a good e3.

Yeah, I was really passionate about Nintendo... What a shame

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#7 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:35 PM

I dont believe him. He said the same thing I think like two years ago. Nintendo doesn't cater to fans they do what they want and what they feel is best.

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:37 PM

SMTXFE Hyped glad they showed it.

XCX Yes but so far away

StarFox co developed by PG yes please

No Retro no Metroid (REAL metroid)

No Fatal Frame

No Devils Third

No Megaton new game?

Rename 3DS to 3ZS.

All those third party promises is a happy meal donkey kong toy for skylanders.

#9 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:51 PM

What a shame.  They have so much talent and goods to offer but their method of always changing it up gives no stability.  They are now a mostly miss with a few hits now and then. And when they do get a hit game, they change it up too fast instead of just refining the experience, so instead of sequels we are left with new sometimes much worse experiences and all that stays is the name.  Sometimes I wish they would stop innovating for a while and just make great games that people want to play. Also, two Zelda teams is needed if they are going to keep delaying the big puppy so much that it will last guardian itself and by the time it releases no one really cares enough any more. Terrible direct. The only thing that keeps me hanging on to my wii u is that zelda game, and it sure as hell better be good or I'm switching full time to PC.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#10 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:16 PM

I dont believe him. He said the same thing I think like two years ago. Nintendo doesn't cater to fans they do what they want and what they feel is best.

and 9 times out of 10 the decisions they "feel are best" are the worst possible decisions they could make

#11 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:58 PM

RIP Nintendo. They had a good run.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:19 PM

Attached File  1300152540987555879.gif   3.8MB   2 downloads

#13 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:24 PM

Game over Nintendo.

#14 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:35 PM

One of the biggest problems for me was, they set the standard to high by opening with Star Fox, like others mentioned, the pacing was just terrible. I didn't really expect this year to be an exciting year at E3 for ANY of the companies, just to see a bunch of games and that's pretty much what Nintendo showed. Just a bunch of random games. There was no real WOW! moment from them this year and that's kinda what I was waiting for. After Reggie was done speaking I was kinda like, welp that's it?

2lvmghw.png

#15 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:37 PM

One of the biggest problems for me was, they set the standard to high by opening with Star Fox, like others mentioned, the pacing was just terrible. I didn't really expect this year to be an exciting year at E3 for ANY of the companies, just to see a bunch of games and that's pretty much what Nintendo showed. Just a bunch of random games. There was no real WOW! moment from them this year and that's kinda what I was waiting for. After Reggie was done speaking I was kinda like, welp that's it?

Nintendo would of been better off leaving word of star fox out of last year's e3, and keeping it under cover until this year.

#16 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:39 PM

Thank you Judd. Everyone's complaining but you all for get what's important... The epic puppet scenes.

#17 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:49 PM

Instead of putting money into developing some games they spent all their budget on Muppets of themselves. Bravo Nintendo, bravo.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#18 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:50 PM

All this was missing was Retro's game, I think. Only one big game and starting the event with that was a very bad idea. I can only assume now that Retro's game isn't coming to either the 3DS or Wii U because Nintendo would have to be utterly brain dead not to show it off if that isn't the case.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:55 PM

RIP Nintendo. They had a good run.

Shush. Jesus a letdown for 1 E3 is not the end. otherwise they would have ended in 2008. Sony in 2006 and MS in 2010. Don't be so over dramatic.

Not like they gave us Hoop Gawd.

#20 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:43 PM

Nintendo would of been better off leaving word of star fox out of last year's e3, and keeping it under cover until this year.

Yea, tbh they really didn't even treat Starfox like a franchise we haven't seen in years. If they would have unveiled that last as the big surprise I think many people would have looked at the conference differently.

2lvmghw.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!