Photo

The Wii U can, in theory, run the Samaritan demo.

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:39 AM

^That makes sense. When do you think we'll be able to run the Samaritan demo on Nintendo portable? :D

#42 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

^That makes sense. When do you think we'll be able to run the Samaritan demo on Nintendo portable? :D

3 years on the Next nintendo handheld hopefully nintendo Slide

#43 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

Only three years? I thought it be longer than that. I did say portable, after all.

#44 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

Only three years? I thought it be longer than that. I did say portable, after all.

yea your being trolled lol

Anyway something like the unreal engine 3 can already be acheived on the ps vita so i expect the next ds nintendo puts out to run it.

Though that probably wont be for another 5-6 years

#45 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

Yea, Nintendo and their five year gaps. :P

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#46 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

I wasnt trolling him. I'm serious in 2015 handhelds will be able to run the Samaritan demo perfectly.

yea your being trolled lol

Anyway something like the unreal engine 3 can already be acheived on the ps vita so i expect the next ds nintendo puts out to run it.

This gen will not last very long crappy handhelds. 3-4 years is how long it will.

#47 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

I wasnt trolling him. I'm serious in 2015 handhelds will be able to run the Samaritan demo perfectly.

This gen will not last very long crappy handhelds. 3-4 years is how long it will.

Like i said handhelds are already capable of running that demo the vita has the ability it just most likely will not be acheived anytime soon.

also I doubt nintendo would release a system so much more powerful in such a short time considering the 3ds would only be 4-5 years old and its just now beginning to become nintendo's main handheld platform(though its still without its own main series pokemon game which shows it still hasnt even started yet).

#48 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

The vita can't run it perfectly can it? Doesn't it still have a hard time?

#49 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:25 AM

Like i said handhelds are already capable of running that demo the vita has the ability it just most likely will not be acheived anytime soon.

also I doubt nintendo would release a system so much more powerful in such a short time considering the 3ds would only be 4-5 years old and its just now beginning to become nintendo's main handheld platform(though its still without its own main series pokemon game which shows it still hasnt even started yet).

No it does not just because the vita can run Unreal Engine doesn't mean it can run the Samaritan demo the vita is in fact weaker in most respects to the 360 and ps3 it will never be able to run that demo now the handhelds after this gen yes I could see it as a possibility but this generation no .

#50 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

No it does not just because the vita can run Unreal Engine doesn't mean it can run the Samaritan demo the vita is in fact weaker in most respects to the 360 and ps3 it will never be able to run that demo now the handhelds after this gen yes I could see it as a possibility but this generation no .

Exactly that is what I mean.

#51 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:30 AM

Hey I was just wondering which one was better: CryEngine 3 or Unreal 3? And which one would require more power?

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#52 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:47 AM

Hey I was just wondering which one was better: CryEngine 3 or Unreal 3? And which one would require more power?

That hard to say since Unreal goes through so many updates the Cryengine 3 requires more power to run (most of the time) and the unreal engine 3 is more scaleable to different levels of power but can also be quite hard to run with lots of dx 11 effects and stuff.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 06 March 2012 - 03:54 AM.

#53 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

they rumored already, that wii U will have games with unreal engine 4... at gdc2012 http://www.gamespot....on-wii-u-at-gdc

Edited by Orion, 09 March 2012 - 11:15 PM.

#54 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

The WiiU can run much better than the samaritan demo. Mark Rein says, "UE4's capabilties will make the Samaritan Demo look like crap."

#55 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

Also they said Samaritan demo will be able to run on the phone in 2 years and like Mark Rein said that the unreal engine 4 will make Samaritan demo look like crap than pretty much if the wiiu can run UE4 it can produce graphics better than the Samaritan demo and even if its not it is pointing to it being able to run the Samaritan demo graphics but chances are it will be able to run UE4 so happy days for the wiiu Hmm it seems Next gen is going to be a huge graphical leap after all .

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 10 March 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#56 Agent000

Agent000

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Wait, the Wii U is 2x MORE powerful than the NextBox? I don't think so...
Agent000 on Youtube:
BreakfastBAGELL
Porcellusstudios

"E3, Y U NO COME NOW?"

#57 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

Wait, the Wii U is 2x MORE powerful than the NextBox? I don't think so...

According to Rumored GPU specs it is.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#58 Agent000

Agent000

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

According to Rumored GPU specs it is.

I read that it was supposed to be twice as powerful as the 360, not the NextBox/720/whatever.

Edited by Agent000, 10 March 2012 - 09:45 PM.

Agent000 on Youtube:
BreakfastBAGELL
Porcellusstudios

"E3, Y U NO COME NOW?"

#59 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

no.. according to gpu information's, xbox720 will use (maybe) an amd 6670, but wii U 4850 is twice more powerful than that, as a chip..horse power. But I think nintendo allready jumb into a 5xxx series card, smaller chip due to power consumption and also increased the SPU.. that means even more powerful, wait a few months, we will know..

Edited by Orion, 11 March 2012 - 01:29 AM.

#60 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

no.. according to gpu information's, xbox720 will use (maybe) an amd 6670, but wii U 4850 is twice more powerful than that, as a chip..horse power. But I think nintendo allready jumb into a 5xxx series card, smaller chip due to power consumption and also increased the SPU.. that means even more powerful, wait a few months, we will know..

Yes and not to mention if they did move on to 5xxx series that will more or less confirm the ability to use DX 11 effects such as tessellation and the lighting effects in the Samaritan demo which was doubted with it using the base of 4850 because it was a dx 10 card . Isn't it amusing though we went from asking will it run the Samaritan demo to wondering if it can run the UE4 that will make the demo look like crap in about a span of a week or two because we learn how optimised the Samaritan demo is now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!