• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

I'd imagine it's been in development for the past two years. I always assumed that Treyarch began work on BO2 or whatever it is immediately after finishing Black Ops, that's how they keep up the one game a year cycle. They'd have had plenty of time to port it to Wii U, and seeing as Treyarch is much more friendly to Nintendo consoles than IW, I'd say it's very likely.

Also, don't count on there being an MW4. I'm expecting Future Warfare more than anything.

I think black ops 2 may head into the future before the infinity ward games. it seems that treyarch really will use any setting and make it fit appropriately to there game

#42 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

I think the WiiPad/gun accessory would be perfect for COD. It's coming to Wii u. Activison is already tight lipped.

http://m.officialnin...say-activision/

The ninjas are keeping close watch.

Edited by Gameboysoadvance, 24 April 2012 - 07:36 AM.

#43 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

This is one of the biggest games of this year (Biggest, doesn't equal best), the Wii U can't afford to loose out on this game like it has lost out on Epic Mickey 2, Resisdent Evil 6, Crysis 3 (I believe it has lost out on crisis 3). I know most people here don't like CoD, but the fact is if this game looks like the other consoles counter parts and plays better then it really puts out a statement that Wii U and Nintendo can do your "hardcore" games to the so called "hardcore" gamers. I like CoD, it's a great franchise, and it's fun, and you can't really disagree with fun. Many complain about them being repetitive and the same but different maps and style, but that pretty much is every Mario kart and every 2D Mario game. At the end of the day, games are for fun, and people tend to find shooting people more fun than a side scroller. However despite being avid Call of Duty fans (I like battlefield too but it's not where the majority are, not fun playing on your own, and my friends do have the game and enjoy it but other friends only have CoD so it's more fun playing together in a big party than a small one),when we meet up it's always either NSMB Wii or Smash Bros. We could play halo however we choose to play those games since well Nintendo has something with same screen co-op gameplay. I don't get how they do it, but they just can. Looking forward to the next game from the rumours that I am hearing and I hope that they don't mess the whole net code again which MW3 should be patched this may hopefully.

#44 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

^Lol it said "Meaningful innovations" @ the article. Let's hope so and not see a DLC Ops or something lol

They pointed out COD3 was a Wii U launchtitle so it makes sense for BO2 to be a launchtitle too. They won't even have to upgrade the graphics because no-one who plays COD is interested in graphics anyway (they're... not that special). The touchscreencontroller could be used in a very good way, especially for activating killstreaks. (tap the desired killstreak, let's say: napalm strike, touch the place on the map where you want it to launch = much better, faster and more fun than the traditional way)

This is one of the biggest games of this year (Biggest, doesn't equal best), the Wii U can't afford to loose out on this game like it has lost out on Epic Mickey 2, Resisdent Evil 6, Crysis 3 (I believe it has lost out on crisis 3). I know most people here don't like CoD, but the fact is if this game looks like the other consoles counter parts and plays better then it really puts out a statement that Wii U and Nintendo can do your "hardcore" games to the so called "hardcore" gamers. I like CoD, it's a great franchise, and it's fun, and you can't really disagree with fun. Many complain about them being repetitive and the same but different maps and style, but that pretty much is every Mario kart and every 2D Mario game. At the end of the day, games are for fun, and people tend to find shooting people more fun than a side scroller. However despite being avid Call of Duty fans (I like battlefield too but it's not where the majority are, not fun playing on your own, and my friends do have the game and enjoy it but other friends only have CoD so it's more fun playing together in a big party than a small one),when we meet up it's always either NSMB Wii or Smash Bros. We could play halo however we choose to play those games since well Nintendo has something with same screen co-op gameplay. I don't get how they do it, but they just can. Looking forward to the next game from the rumours that I am hearing and I hope that they don't mess the whole net code again which MW3 should be patched this may hopefully.

Yeah I agree with everything you said.

WE NEED RE6
No sig.

#45 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

Close, but can you click in a circle pad?

I guess the touch screen could replace that, but it might feel uncomfortable and difficult to react quickly.

Who's to say that Nintendo won't change the design on the Wii U controller, huh?
It's rumored that they might change it to analog sticks instead.

#46 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

I'd imagine it's been in development for the past two years. I always assumed that Treyarch began work on BO2 or whatever it is immediately after finishing Black Ops, that's how they keep up the one game a year cycle. They'd have had plenty of time to port it to Wii U, and seeing as Treyarch is much more friendly to Nintendo consoles than IW, I'd say it's very likely.

Also, don't count on there being an MW4. I'm expecting Future Warfare more than anything.

Exactly, thats how it works. They start developing a new game right after they release one. 2 years isn't a whole lot of time to make a game.

I use MW4 loosely, since we don't know the real title of the next IW CoD. Sort of like how people call the next Xbox the 720, even though it's highly unlikely it will be called that.

And how is that? Dev Kits have been around for the Wii U since before the development started on Black Ops 2.

Nobody except devs know how long they've been around, although I would imagine 2-3 years. This was around the start of developement. You have to realize that those were early on dev kits at the time. As of now, Nintendo is still sending out new kits. Furthermore, it was a brand new system. They really didn't have time to play around with a dev kit that may not be the actual console in the end. Could I be wrong? Yes, but I highly doubt it seeing as nothing has been said by Activision/Treyarch, even though BO2 will be out around the launch of the U. If they were indeed working on a U version, why wouldn't they have said something, or why wouldn't we have at least heard some leaked info by this point?

Edited by andodel, 24 April 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#47 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

If they were indeed working on a U version, why wouldn't they have said something, or why wouldn't we have at least heard some leaked info by this point?

NDAs of course ;)

Notice how we've heard next to nothing about ANY more Wii U multiplats since last year. We know they're coming, but Nintendo's keeping them tightly under wraps, probably so they can surprise everyone in one go at E3.

But, I wouldn't entirely dismiss the chance of the Wii U version of Black Ops 2 being announced in the trailer next week. Just wait and see, man.

Posted Image

#48 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Nintendo has succeeded for 123 years. COD wont be a factor if it is a success or not. Sony and Microsoft should make a system together and its only games are COD games. Cause then all the COD players can be away from everyone else and not bother anyone.

sounds like ur surrounded by a bunch of really awesome people. either way, COD must be there, if you love nintendo, you will want COD on that system cos you want the system to succeed

Dont get your hopes up for Analog sticks. They were on the tablet controller originally but were removed cause of the way you hold the controller your thumbs were constantly pushed back and it got uncomfortable after 5 minutes.

Who's to say that Nintendo won't change the design on the Wii U controller, huh?
It's rumored that they might change it to analog sticks instead.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 24 April 2012 - 02:17 PM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#49 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Nintendo has succeeded for 123 years. COD wont be a factor if it is a success or not. Sony and Microsoft should make a system together and its only games are COD games. Cause then all the COD players can be away from everyone else and not bother anyone.

Dont get your hopes up for Analog sticks. They were on the tablet controller originally but were removed cause of the way you hold the controller your thumbs were constantly pushed back and it got uncomfortable after 5 minutes.

things change, in today's world nintendo needs COD on their system for them to succeed big time. sure they will survive without it, but a fan should not want nintendo to just survive, a fan should want nintendo to prosper as much as it can. it needs COD to do that in today's world
Posted Image

#50 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Look dude you have your opinion and I have mine. We wont ever agree on this so lets just agree to disagree.

things change, in today's world nintendo needs COD on their system for them to succeed big time. sure they will survive without it, but a fan should not want nintendo to just survive, a fan should want nintendo to prosper as much as it can. it needs COD to do that in today's world

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#51 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Look dude you have your opinion and I have mine. We wont ever agree on this so lets just agree to disagree.

fair enough :)
Posted Image

#52 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

NDAs of course ;)

Notice how we've heard next to nothing about ANY more Wii U multiplats since last year. We know they're coming, but Nintendo's keeping them tightly under wraps, probably so they can surprise everyone in one go at E3.

But, I wouldn't entirely dismiss the chance of the Wii U version of Black Ops 2 being announced in the trailer next week. Just wait and see, man.

Whatever. Honestly, I'd love to see a CoD game. Despite how they haven't changed much, I personally like the SP and the survival modes they've added.
Afterall though, this is a forum. We could just reply to every topic with "Wait until E3", but then it just wouldn't be as much fun :)

#53 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

The main thing that will make me buy the game is if the Crossbow is back in the game. That was the only weapon I used online. Very effective on campers in the windows. I didn't like MW3 until it got the Infected game mode and I'm disappointed that it won't be in this upcoming game.

LordPickleton.png

#54 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

The main thing that will make me buy the game is if the Crossbow is back in the game. That was the only weapon I used online. Very effective on campers in the windows. I didn't like MW3 until it got the Infected game mode and I'm disappointed that it won't be in this upcoming game.

I didn't like infected, Halo does it better IMO. If you could adjust the speed of the zombies(infected people) and lower the gravity then that would live up to my expectations of what infected should be.

#55 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:50 AM

I didn't like infected, Halo does it better IMO. If you could adjust the speed of the zombies(infected people) and lower the gravity then that would live up to my expectations of what infected should be.

Dirt 3 does it batter too.

LordPickleton.png

#56 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

Ofcourse it'll come to the Wii U, I mean they were asked about a game they haven't even announced yet, there was no point in saying "yeah, it is" when the reveal is the 1st of May.

#57 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

Oh hello Nin_Stream!

I've been waiting for you.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#58 Soastockton

Soastockton

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

If Black ops 2 comes out on the wii u I will go bananas!!

#59 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

^Lol it said "Meaningful innovations" @ the article. Let's hope so and not see a DLC Ops or something lol

They pointed out COD3 was a Wii U launchtitle so it makes sense for BO2 to be a launchtitle too. They won't even have to upgrade the graphics because no-one who plays COD is interested in graphics anyway (they're... not that special). The touchscreencontroller could be used in a very good way, especially for activating killstreaks. (tap the desired killstreak, let's say: napalm strike, touch the place on the map where you want it to launch = much better, faster and more fun than the traditional way)

Yeah I agree with everything you said.

WE NEED RE6

Erm the WiiU is not out yet.

Edited by Sportsgamer, 30 April 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#60 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

Guys, guys...

CoD 3 came out years ago. It's on the Nintendo Wii too.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!