CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

So, now you are a Nintendo fan, CUD? When did this happen? O.o what's next? buramu dissing the Vita?

The quote you posted wasn't positive towards Nintendo...

You're forgetting this is CUDpwns. A huge Nintendo-hater on the 3DS Forums. He'll say anything negative about Nintendo just because he can.

Hah, really? If I seem like a Nintendo 'hater' it's only because Nintendo continues to disappoint time and time again. I do not hate for the sake of hating, I voice my opinion where I feel criticisms should be made.

I don't see why it wouldn't. Not being confirmed definitely doesn't mean "NOT HAPPENING" like you're saying.

It's possible it might happen but why would they not mention it by now? I find it hard to believe that they would announce the system's other social functionality and fail to mention online voice chat while playing a game. I'm not sure why you would expect them to have neglected mentioning a feature like that if it is indeed a feature.

Nothing positive like the fact that the Wii U outdoes the PS3 graphically at launch, a very good launch window lineup, the tablet controller, a traditional controller for those who don't want to use the tablet, Nintendo's franchises, and exclusive third party support such as ZombiU. Yeah, nothing positive there at all. :rolleyes:

It outdoes a 6 year old console? How impressive. :rolleyes:

I suppose it's a good launch lineup if you like ports and this...

Posted Image

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#22 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

i think people is overreacting a little, the fact that pikmin doesnt have online doesnt mean that ALL wiiu games wont have online either, also as far as i know, people has played it perfectly without it so far

​
vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#23 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

Hah, really? If I seem like a Nintendo 'hater' it's only because Nintendo continues to disappoint time and time again. I do not hate for the sake of hating, I voice my opinion where I feel criticisms should be made.

Actually, all I see you do is rage and rage on Nintendo, with nothing positive to say. Criticism is fine, but blatant hating is rather stupid.

It's possible it might happen but why would they not mention it by now? I find it hard to believe that they would announce the system's other social functionality and fail to mention online voice chat while playing a game. I'm not sure why you would expect them to have neglected mentioning a feature like that if it is indeed a feature.

Touche. Still doesn't mean it's not coming. They've not exactly gone very in-depth with how their other social functions work either, so it's only understandable. On top of that, the controller itself has a microphone, so it's more than likely that it's coming.

Congratulations. You've found out how progress works. It's still positive, no matter how you care to spin it.

I suppose it's a good launch lineup if you like ports

Hmm, ports of very critically acclaimed games with much better graphics and additional content that the PS3 and Xbox 360 could not provide without yet another several hundred dollar purchase for a Phone/Tablet (SmartGlass) or a Playstation Vita.

ZombiU is not a port. Assassin's Creed 3, Rayman Legends, Rabbids Land, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Pikmin 3 also aren't ports.

and this...

Posted Image

At least it's a better fate than this:

Or this:

Besides, it's not like ALL games are going to be like that.

Edited by GameCollector, 11 June 2012 - 06:03 PM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#24 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

Theres ports on a brand new console? :o WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED!??!?!?!?!

So it seems your a PC gamer, thats funny, and ironic...

#25 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

The quote you posted wasn't positive towards Nintendo...

Posted Image

I agree with CUD. I will probably still buy a wiiu in fact I am almost postive I will but Nintendo has been pissing me off lately. Lots of people on this forum are doing extreme damage control .They are like "oh it will be fine" "All negative information (speculation or not) is lies and or misinformation"
Fact of the matter is if all this Negative news was happening to the Others Companies (Microsoft /Sony) lots of you guys will be eating it up with joy . The first stage of disappointment is Denial (or something like that). My hype level right now is zero I feel hype after this can not exist I have been pissed recently its one of the stages of disappointment. I know this is a Nintendo Wiiu site but the Banner doesn't say Nintendo wiiu lover humping site (If you take offense to what I am saying their a reason why :laugh: )

I will if my money situation goes well will most certainly buy the wiiu the only consoles I ever owned was from Nintendo and Sega yet I don't have to be in utter denial with everything going on to say that . If people get butthurt or pissed off over me because of this post fine by me . If people also complain saying im just a hater because I posted bad Rumors about the wiiu listen the wiiu isn't released if it was positive you guys would love it, This at the moment might as well be a speculation site so I posted rumors I even said pretty much take it with a grain of salt .

Now lets see how civilized this community can be.

Now that my rant is over Pikmin 3 has local co op their no reason they shouldn't have online other than Nintendo being Nintendo.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 11 June 2012 - 06:06 PM.

• CUD likes this

#26 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

i think people is overreacting a little, the fact that pikmin doesnt have online doesnt mean that ALL wiiu games wont have online either, also as far as i know, people has played it perfectly without it so far

I think it's a good indication of Nintendo's willingness, or lack thereof, to take advantage of online functionality. Some third-party devs may try and push it but I can't see Nintendo being the one to do so.

Actually, all I see you do is rage and rage on Nintendo, with nothing positive to say. I've also noted you leave out things that hurt your case most of the time.

I give them credit where credit is due but unfortunately that isn't as often as I would like. Leave out things that hurt my case? Can you provide an example?

Congratulations. You've found out how progress works. It's still positive, no matter how you care to spin it.

I suppose it's positive but considering when the two systems were/are going to be released it's definitely not a big achievement. Taking Nintendo's last home console into consideration one could also say that a Nintendo system capable of this is long overdue.

Hmm, ports of very critically acclaimed games with much better graphics and additional content that the PS3 and Xbox 360 could not provide without yet another several hundred dollar purchase for a Phone/Tablet (SmartGlass) or a Playstation Vita. It's still a very good launch lineup.

Are there confirmed graphical improvements on other ports or just Arkham City? It's very easy for companies to port their games over to extend their game's market reach, I suppose having some ports of quality games isn't a horrible thing but it's just not that appealing when most people have already played those games.

At least it's a better fate than this

Spoiler

Or this
Spoiler

Besides, it's not like ALL games are going to be like that.

That being a better fate is arguable, they're about on the same level.

Sure not all games will be like that but it is clear the casual market is something Nintendo still wants to focus on with the Wii U.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#27 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

Please don't rip on CUD for being a PC Gamer.
I do not tolerate preference ripping, nor does this forum.

Back to topic, Pikmin 3 not having online may seem acceptable to some, but I'm fairly certain when I say that the people who don't mind are outnumbered by those who do, and in that basic sense, is a failure.

In my opinion, any game that aspires to have local multiplayer but no online is disappointing in that regard. Take a look at Kid Icarus: Uprising. They did plan local multiplayer, but when they revealed there was to be no online, people broke out in uproar and Sakurai went ahead and fixed that. You can't say that game wouldn't have suffered at the gamer's level without it. I can't remember how many times I read HotelSoap! babble on about LvD in the chatbox at 3DSF because of it.

Pikmin 3 can lend itself to some great multiplayer. In fact, it's kinda sad to see an RTS game in this day and age not to.

Now lets see how civilized this community can be.

That era has long since disappeared.
I'll make sure to tell Lord N know when it returns. He might even take back his permanent leaving status...

Now I know I've been drugged.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#28 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

Posted Image

Dude I've always wanted to be a luger!
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#29 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

Please don't rip on CUD for being a PC Gamer.

If your referring to me, I definitely wasn't. I am even going to be buying a gaming PC in the next few weeks (so next gen for me will be Wii U and PC :)) but he is saying Wii U is a joke because its getting ports, yet he's a pc gamer, kinda ironic.

#30 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

pretty much all "ports" are either completely different games or give you something unique only available to the Wii U version. In AC3 for Wii U your main character is different, in batman AC for Wii U you get different suits with different abilities for both batman and catwomen IIRC.
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#31 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

If your referring to me, I definitely wasn't. I am even going to be buying a gaming PC in the next few weeks (so next gen for me will be Wii U and PC :)) but he is saying Wii U is a joke because its getting ports, yet he's a pc gamer, kinda ironic.

The PC is a rather different platform than consoles. The Wii U is a new system that is launching not a platform, like the PC, that has been established for a long time now with a large range of exclusives. All systems get ports, but a new system getting so many ports and not much new is a different issue. PC ports (as in ports to PC) are far less common these days anyway.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#32 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

The PC is a rather different platform than consoles. The Wii U is a new system that is launching not a platform, like the PC, that has been established for a long time now with a large range of exclusives. All systems get ports, but a new system getting so many ports and not much new is a different issue. PC ports (as in ports to PC) are far less common these days anyway.

Batman Arkham City. AC 3. Tekken. Mass Effect. 4 games out of about 23 or something= So many ports.

I am still getting Pikmin 3, although i am disappointed. It just seems like Miyamoto wants Pikmin to have a 10/10 grade and maybe online might ruin it(if it causes alot of lag and stuff..). Still getting the wii u and pikmin 3. On Christmas.
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#33 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

HAHAHA. Pikmin having no online? Boo freaking hoo. So what.

SINGLEPLAYER > MULTIPLAYER any day of the week. Multiplayer is always just a bonus. When it comes to a game the Singleplayer is where it should ALWAYS be at. And with Singleplayer Miyamoto is a f-ing god. How dare you say "Is he getting behind the times" Miyamoto is what keeps the good old days of gaming in the 90's alive.

Video gaming would take a huge drop in fun if it wasnt for Miyamoto. If he wasnt making games anymore I would really only like Retro Studios lol. Seriously ANY GAME Miyamoto makes will be great I cannot wait for his new IP on Wii U. It will be a day 1 buy for me and countless others.

In Miyamoto we trust.

Did you not watch Nintendo Direct, 2 days before Nintendo's E3? If that didnt get you excited for the Wii U then you dead inside as a gamer. MiiVerse the whole online thing it being free, Wii U Pro Controller. Wii U has alot of positive things about the system.

Where talking about the Wii U, there's not much to be positive about.

You can send text messages to your friends and people around the world, you can do video calls, there is a built in mic. Party chat like on xbl will be there.

Did Nintendo ever mention it? They have shown video chat when the game is suspended but there hasn't been any confirmation of voice chat while a game is being played.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#34 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

Never question Mr Miyamotos Judgement.... if he says it he is right, the man is the asian Jesus of videogames

#35 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

Dont you start Nollog. EA made the Wii U's online not Nintendo. They addmitted they were never good at the online aspect. Wii U's online is phenominal with EA behind it.

Nintendo being too lazy to do online yet again.
They need to start pulling the finger out before we get fed up with their lack of effort.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#36 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

Disappointed, but not a big deal to me. Maybe when they do another Pikmin game for the system, online play can be implemented as they would have gain more experience with the system.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#37 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:47 AM

Dont you start Nollog. EA made the Wii U's online not Nintendo. They addmitted they were never good at the online aspect. Wii U's online is phenominal with EA behind it.

EA didn't make anything.

What I don't get is people saying "I don't want multiplayer anyway so I don't mind."
Of course you don't. You don't know what you want until you have it in front of you.
And if you don't like it, maybe some of us would, and we'd enjoy the game more because of it?

There's no need to protect Miyamoto's lazy attitude.
Will it stop anyone from buying it? Probably not.
But it would have benefited from a tacked on multiplayer, because people would play it longer after release that way.
The main reason PS360 games are played longer on average, is because 9/10 of the games on those systems come with some kind of online.

*trolling*

I've reported your "nothing positive" post, as well as this one for trolling, because of the way you word your posts.
There are positives about the Wii U, if there weren't, you as a Nintendo Fan wouldn't be here to discuss it.
The gif is just plain straight trolling. You know that's a Wii Fit U game.
Your comment about ports, and the "how impressive :rolleyes: " also add to this motif.

Did all the Wii games have online after similar events in that console lifecycle?
Nope.
Nintendo used the excuse "it'd be too hard" as late as last year when they released a remake of StarFox 64 for God's sake.
This company just don't like doing difficult things, unless they're so weird that they either fail entirely or are a smash hit.

pretty much all "ports" are either completely different games or give you something unique only available to the Wii U version. In AC3 for Wii U your main character is different, in batman AC for Wii U you get different suits with different abilities for both batman and catwomen IIRC.

He is?!

Edited by Nollog, 12 June 2012 - 02:06 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#38 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:44 AM

I've reported your "nothing positive" post, as well as this one for trolling, because of the way you word your posts.
There are positives about the Wii U, if there weren't, you as a Nintendo Fan wouldn't be here to discuss it.
The gif is just plain straight trolling. You know that's a Wii Fit U game.
Your comment about ports, and the "how impressive :rolleyes: " also add to this motif.

Fair enough. I find it hard to restrain myself at times, I realise it may have come across as overly negative but I find it very difficult to find positives about the Wii U.
I didn't say that wasn't Wii Fit U, I was just sharing an entertaining gif displaying Nintendo's innovation.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#39 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:03 AM

Fair enough. I find it hard to restrain myself at times, I realise it may have come across as overly negative but I find it very difficult to find positives about the Wii U.
I didn't say that wasn't Wii Fit U, I was just sharing an entertaining gif displaying Nintendo's innovation.

Point is you're ignoring stuff which is obvious to try and rile up people, from my view of your posts.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#40 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

Point is you're ignoring stuff which is obvious to try and rile up people, from my view of your posts.

I assure you I'm not trying to rile any one up. What stuff am I ignoring?

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!