Hoodbury

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, CoD

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

IGN interviews Shiggy

"You have to be very careful that you don't drop frames as you're trying to sync up with other players over what could be a very great physical distance, over the internet. But in the situation of Pikmin, for example, since you would have lots of individual, small creatures, the Pikmin, whose every movement and location is going to be really important in the game, it would be very difficult to sync up over an internet connection."

"So I think what we've decided to do is focus on the single-player and local multiplayer aspects, which are really fun. But unfortunately, no online multiplayer for Pikmin 3. But the co-op local multiplayer is really fun."

I kinda feel like Miyamoto is kinda getting behind on the times and not wanting to change lately. He makes fun games sure, but he seems to always leave out modern aspects in them like online and such. I'm old; I don't have friends come over to play video games with me anymore. The only times I get to play multiplayer is when it is online. He doesn't seem to cater to people in my situation.

I still prefer Nintendo systems, but I keep leaning more and more towards 3rd party games. They seem to be more inline with my gaming preferences and needs. I don't really understand how he can use online capabilities as a reason why this game wouldn't work online. I've been playing RTS games since dial-up modems back in the 90s.

What do you guys think? Is Miyamoto getting to be behind the times? Or do you still crave everything he makes? IS it dissapointing to you too that Pikmin won't have online?

#2 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

POPULAR

Not every game needs online.

LordPickleton.png

#3 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

Yes, Pikmin 3 to me looks like it would be better single player. Trying to divide up the pikmin evenly between people and working with the kind of strategy just doesn't seem like it would work online.

#4 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

It features cooperative multiplayer, how would it not benefit from being online? Nintendo do need to get with the times, they're holding themselves and their fans back.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#5 SuperSaiyanGohan

SuperSaiyanGohan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pkmn, CoD, and SSB

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

Unless theres online video chat i don't see any reason for online multiplayer. Divising a strategy online without comunicating with eachother is vertualy imposible. I think this is the right move for pikmin.
Pokemon black and white two is going to be awesome! Cannot wait at all to buy them!
Bronies Unite! Yay the world!
Gravity it is not just a good idea it is the law!
Is the proof really in the pudding? Really?
Aliens are real! Just ask the leprechauns!

#6 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

Building an online mode would take from the single player experience so I like the decision. Plus the reason Miyamoto gives is totally right.
Posted Image

#7 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

This doesn't bother me in the slightest. Cooperative gameplay without means of communication on a STRATEGY game is not a good thing. Not to mention that this game is made to process around 100 or so pikmin, with the possibility of different shapes, sizes, and movements between them. Now, multiply the processing power needed to run that smoothly by four for four independent players, and then multiply it by two so it can run online.

The ends do not justify the means.

Edited by GameCollector, 11 June 2012 - 02:29 PM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#8 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

I agree, if there IS local multiplayer in Pikmin 3, there's no realistic justification for not adding online functionality to that. Miyamoto makes brilliant stuff most of the time, but I do worry that he holds his games back sometimes with decisions like this.

Posted Image

#9 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Has no means of communication been confirmed? The system should have online voice chat in this day and age. I find it odd that people are just accepting the Wii U's issues when they should be wanting more from Nintendo.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#10 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

Has no means of communication been confirmed? The system should have online voice chat in this day and age. I find it odd that people are just accepting the Wii U's issues when they should be wanting more from Nintendo.

They didn't say anything about the systems capabilities they just said no online multiplayer for Pikmin 3. Why are you so negative?

#11 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

It doesn't need it.

#12 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

It would be crazy hard to do this online without lag of some kind. Keeping track where each Pikmin is and having that information shared in real time with up to 4 other players would be very challenging.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#13 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

It would be crazy hard to do this online without lag of some kind. Keeping track where each Pikmin is and having that information shared in real time with up to 4 other players would be very challenging.

It wouldn't really, it's just that Nintendo is inexperienced with this type of thing that it would be rather difficult for them to achieve so they choose not to bother.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#14 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

Who said the Wii U wont have online chat? I would think that would be for certain to be honest.

#15 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

Who said the Wii U wont have online chat? I would think that would be for certain to be honest.

Did Nintendo ever mention it? They have shown video chat when the game is suspended but there hasn't been any confirmation of voice chat while a game is being played.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#16 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

It features cooperative multiplayer, how would it not benefit from being online? Nintendo do need to get with the times, they're holding themselves and their fans back.

So, now you are a Nintendo fan, CUD? When did this happen? O.o what's next? buramu dissing the Vita?

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#17 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

Did Nintendo ever mention it? They have shown video chat when the game is suspended but there hasn't been any confirmation of voice chat while a game is being played.

They haven't mentioned a lot of things, doesnt mean they are definitely not coming.

Anyway I would expect it to have online chat, and I hope it does.

#18 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

It doesn't need it.

You're forgetting this is CUDpwns. A huge Nintendo-hater on the 3DS Forums. He'll say anything negative about Nintendo just because he can.

I don't see why it wouldn't. Not being confirmed definitely doesn't mean "NOT HAPPENING" like you're saying.

Where talking about the Wii U, there's not much to be positive about.

Nothing positive like the fact that the Wii U outdoes the PS3 graphically at launch, a very good launch window lineup, the tablet controller, a traditional controller for those who don't want to use the tablet, Nintendo's franchises, and exclusive third party support such as ZombiU. Yeah, nothing positive there at all. :rolleyes:

Edited by GameCollector, 11 June 2012 - 05:16 PM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

Nintendo being too lazy to do online yet again.
They need to start pulling the finger out before we get fed up with their lack of effort.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

I'm gonna have to agree with the people being disappointed about this.

I mean, take a look at a game 10 years back of similar type (I'm gonna pull out Warcraft 3 out of the hat because it's a PC game I actually played a lot that isn't titled Runescape). It falls under the same genre as Pikmin 3 and had the online.

Now I know what you are thinking, it's a PC game. But it's from pretty much a decade ago. I'm fairly certain that, at least in a gaming sense, the Wii U is better than most commercial gaming PC's of the time (not including custom because that would be debatable. I know CUD's a PC gamer so he can prove me wrong like a Zyrtec).

Pikmin 3 would have been a strong online game. I don't agree with the whole lag counter argument either. I mean, that was practically every Wii game. SSB, Call of Duty, Monster Hunter. The only game I never encountered lag in was Goldeneye 007. So whooped dee doo, 2 seconds of lag isn't going to destroy the entire game.

I'm not going to call Nintendo lazy on this one, because they did think it through, but their way of thinking is outdated. People don't complain about lag as much as they used to. They just don't want it to be broken... like Resistance: Burning Skies for example.
  • CUD likes this

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!