81 replies to this topic

#1 MetaMS

MetaMS

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:37 PM

POPULAR

OK so we know that Skyward Sword isn't coming to the Wii U as a launch title so hwat do you think Nintendo will make as the next Zelda game

First i want to say that i think it'll be about 2 more years until we see a new Zelda game because if i know Nintendo we won't see another console Zelda for awhile. So my question to you now is what kind of art style would you like this game to have? Personally i would like to see a TP art style as it appealed to me the most and it fits with the Wii U i take it you've all seen the demo.

If not here:

Next thing i want to ask is when should this game take place. I personally think it should be a sequel to Twilight Princess. I would like to know what happened to Midna and the Twili race.

Lastly i would like to show you all a picture. Im not sure if you've noticed this or not but i won't spoil the surprise and tell you about it.

Here's the Picture Posted Image

#2 Mario

Mario

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA.MEGAMAN.CASTLEVANIA.GTA.

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:42 PM

I'd settle for something like The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess H-DX.

That sounds good.
Help Buy Mario a 3DS!
:3

#3 Deboog

Deboog

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:44 PM

I lol'd at the end. Anyway, Nintendo takes a long time with Zelda titles. I wouldn't expect a new Zelda for at least 3-4 years. SS isn't even out yet!

#4 seakingz ★

seakingz ★

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Fandom:
    The legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:47 PM

Yeah, it's gonna be ages before we see a new Zelda released, I'll probably have a white beard by then.

Posted Image

#5 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:53 PM

Plus 1 for the demo and game comparisons MetaMS. It's pretty exciting seeing how much better the games look than the demos. Hopefully the Wii U will be no exception to that. I can't see it being released for a while, but you never know. Nintendo could surprise us and release Zelda early on in the Wii U's life.

#6 Aznhomieboi1689

Aznhomieboi1689

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:09 PM

I want it so bad!!!!

#7 Jubies

Jubies

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:28 AM

Have you guys heard about Zelda Universe? Well, I discovered it right before the e3 show, and also that the ESRB rated it. And then Nintendo announced the new console's name to be the Wii U. U. Zelda U. Zelda Universe. Coincedence? I'm not sure. Especially because it's supposed to be based around online. Here's a link if you haven't heard about it. http://www.escapistm...sible-Zelda-MMO

#8 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:40 AM

A Zelda MMO? Not sure how that'd work.

But I think seakingz is right, it'll be a long time till we see a new Zelda for the Wii U, Maybe Mid 2013 ish.

#9 SonofMrPeanut

SonofMrPeanut

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:18 AM

For their premiere Wii U game, they need to have something as close to the look they gave @ E3 2011 as possible.

After that, though, I'd love to see them experiment again. Quite frankly, I'd find having every Zelda game look like the E3 2011 video from now on would get to be very boring after a couple of games.

What needs to happen is we need to stop thinking of art styles in Zelda as "Realistic" and "Cel-Shaded." While Wind Waker added some still fascinating diversity, it can't be the only alternative.

There are two looks I contemplated a little bit back, and I'd like to know if you think either would work and how.

1. Surrealism

Some of the more famous examples are Persistence of Memory by Dali and L'Ange du Foyeur by Ernst, but surrealism isn't a style that's defined by an appearance but rather its content. It must be an extraordinary view of that which is ordinary.

I found a slideshow on YouTube accompanying Badfinger's "Dear Angie," and it struck me how realistic some of these pictures can look while retaining their sense of fantasy. Other times, a characterized appearance brought out a certain charm. Imagine Epona riding through those woods and disappearing where there is no tree. Imagine that floating planetoid with Hyrule Castle on top. The possibilities are there.

Just take a look and see what I'm talking about.

Again, it doesn't have to look exactly like that either. While this lends itself to the calmer side of a dreamlike atmosphere, they could also take it in a David Lynch direction à la Twin Peaks. If you've never watched the show and are or know someone who is subscribed to Netflix, watch it now. Tell me you wouldn't be interested in seeing Link in weird situations like that. Majora's Mask already handled that Expressionist tone, but I'd like to see them go full-force with it.

2. This one is more akin to cel-shading, but this arts and crafts appearance could lend itself to a very interesting interpretation.

The Electric Bunnies Album Cover

Here's more. I didn't want you all thinking this was the only idea right away, so I put it in a link.

The eyeball plant on the cover could be a Deku Baba. Also, I could see those colored bumps with eyes being Sheikah Stones.

Again, what do you think of these ideas? How could you see them working well in a Zelda game?

I look forward to seeing more from everyone else if they'll take the time to think of some ideas.

Edited by SonofMrPeanut, 15 June 2011 - 01:27 AM.

"Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins." - Ricardo Montalban, Freakazoid!

Posted Image

#10 MetaMS

MetaMS

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:19 AM

Plus 1 for the demo and game comparisons MetaMS. It's pretty exciting seeing how much better the games look than the demos. Hopefully the Wii U will be no exception to that. I can't see it being released for a while, but you never know. Nintendo could surprise us and release Zelda early on in the Wii U's life.

HAHA thanks man. Although im not the one who made this comparison lol. Nintendo must have a new Zelda in the works as they are always working on the next Zelda game. Im really excited for the next zelda game. I really hope they go with a realistic art style!

#11 SonofMrPeanut

SonofMrPeanut

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:20 AM

Have you guys heard about Zelda Universe? Well, I discovered it right before the e3 show, and also that the ESRB rated it. And then Nintendo announced the new console's name to be the Wii U. U. Zelda U. Zelda Universe. Coincedence? I'm not sure. Especially because it's supposed to be based around online. Here's a link if you haven't heard about it. http://www.escapistm...sible-Zelda-MMO

Zelda Universe is Nintendo's official Zelda website.

Zelda Universe
"Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins." - Ricardo Montalban, Freakazoid!

Posted Image

#12 MetaMS

MetaMS

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:43 AM

For their premiere Wii U game, they need to have something as close to the look they gave @ E3 2011 as possible.

After that, though, I'd love to see them experiment again. Quite frankly, I'd find having every Zelda game look like the E3 2011 video from now on would get to be very boring after a couple of games.

What needs to happen is we need to stop thinking of art styles in Zelda as "Realistic" and "Cel-Shaded." While Wind Waker added some still fascinating diversity, it can't be the only alternative.

There are two looks I contemplated a little bit back, and I'd like to know if you think either would work and how.

1. Surrealism

Some of the more famous examples are Persistence of Memory by Dali and L'Ange du Foyeur by Ernst, but surrealism isn't a style that's defined by an appearance but rather its content. It must be an extraordinary view of that which is ordinary.

I found a slideshow on YouTube accompanying Badfinger's "Dear Angie," and it struck me how realistic some of these pictures can look while retaining their sense of fantasy. Other times, a characterized appearance brought out a certain charm. Imagine Epona riding through those woods and disappearing where there is no tree. Imagine that floating planetoid with Hyrule Castle on top. The possibilities are there.

Just take a look and see what I'm talking about.

Again, it doesn't have to look exactly like that either. While this lends itself to the calmer side of a dreamlike atmosphere, they could also take it in a David Lynch direction à la Twin Peaks. If you've never watched the show and are or know someone who is subscribed to Netflix, watch it now. Tell me you wouldn't be interested in seeing Link in weird situations like that. Majora's Mask already handled that Expressionist tone, but I'd like to see them go full-force with it.

2. This one is more akin to cel-shading, but this arts and crafts appearance could lend itself to a very interesting interpretation.

The Electric Bunnies Album Cover

Here's more. I didn't want you all thinking this was the only idea right away, so I put it in a link.

The eyeball plant on the cover could be a Deku Baba. Also, I could see those colored bumps with eyes being Sheikah Stones.

Again, what do you think of these ideas? How could you see them working well in a Zelda game?

I look forward to seeing more from everyone else if they'll take the time to think of some ideas.

I could see this working but not a whole lot. There's no way Nintendo is gonna make an entire game based of this kind of art style. I get the sort of spatial distortion felling from those pictures.

What i could see them doing is putting this kind of style into a certain temple or maybe even another world altogether but i can't see it happening as a full game.

Don't get me wrong it's a great idea but i personally just don't see it happening.

#13 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:11 AM

I'm so excited. I know Miyamoto said he had no interest in making a realistic Zelda ever again, but c'mon look at that demo! Incredible :D

Posted Image

#14 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:23 AM

Those comparisons are amazing, furthermore the 2011 HD demo was in real time but I doubt the other ones were, so the difference could be huge.

I do believe it'll be a while before we'll see another Zelda, Skyword Sword isn't even out yet so I reckon maybe another 4 years until we see one. Other than OOT to MM to WW (which where 2 years in between) its been 4 to even 7 years.

#15 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:26 AM

I'm so excited. I know Miyamoto said he had no interest in making a realistic Zelda ever again, but c'mon look at that demo! Incredible :D

Yeah I really hope there is, I rather liked the realistic style over the others. It just seemed nicer to play.
And It would look absolutely amazing in HD.

#16 Sonic11

Sonic11

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:37 AM

I want a lot more darker Zelda game on the WiiU
Posted Image

#17 sonicguy25

sonicguy25

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:05 AM

I kinda like how it's been for a while. Realistic Zelda-Cartoon Zelda-Realistic Zelda-Cartoon Zelda

I hope the one on Wii U is realistic to show off the HD, but even if it isn't it's guaranteed to be awesome. :D

#18 Ace

Ace

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:09 AM

Me need some Zelda :D

#19 Jubies

Jubies

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:26 AM

Zelda Universe is Nintendo's official Zelda website.

Zelda Universe

Yeah, but the ESRB wouldn't rate that.

#20 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:54 AM

I would honestly settle for any good Zelda game! As long as it is good and in hd I am good <_<
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!