Roy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ninja Bread Man. Best. Game. Ever

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:01 PM

Hehe, the face made me lol.

But yeah, about Zelda, i'm guessing it would take a while for them to start and finish a new project, so I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet.

Hello, I am Roy.

Posted Image

#22 SonofMrPeanut

SonofMrPeanut

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

Yeah, but the ESRB wouldn't rate that.

Bottom-Right of Zelda Universe:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The ESRB also rates official game/game series websites.

Posted Image

I could see this working but not a whole lot. There's no way Nintendo is gonna make an entire game based of this kind of art style. I get the sort of spatial distortion felling from those pictures.

What i could see them doing is putting this kind of style into a certain temple or maybe even another world altogether but i can't see it happening as a full game.

Don't get me wrong it's a great idea but i personally just don't see it happening.

After typing the post you responded to, I remembered that Takashi Tezuka wanted Koholint Island to have the same feeling as Twin Peaks. It's been done.

I'd personally like to see them try that kind of game in a 3D environment, but they may not be willing to take that direction again.

Edited by AMAC, 18 June 2011 - 07:22 AM.

"Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins." - Ricardo Montalban, Freakazoid!

Posted Image

#23 Jubies

Jubies

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:52 PM

Bottom-Right of Zelda Universe:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The ESRB also rates official game/game series websites.

Posted Image

Ah. So G4 and that article have both deceived me. Darn. They were talking about on G4 right before Nintendo came on. Huh.

#24 SonofMrPeanut

SonofMrPeanut

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:48 PM

So I was at some art exhibition earlier tonight, and another visual concept struck me about what they can do with whatever their next "alternate world" concept will be in a Zelda game (after the super-traditional one we get 1st for Wii U, obviously). I'm actually thinking of Link's trippy vision with the Shadow Links in Twilight Princess.

The entire on-screen environment is pure black. With the exclusion of one object meant to capture the player's eye, everything in the realm is only the concept of itself. In the painting I saw that inspired this, the only solid object was a red sun. Shadow Links are white outlines of themselves (their features are drawn with white lines), a Triforce is pure triangles of light with no physical definition.

As for the solid object, it could be a pivotal character Link is supposed to meet, maybe it's the exterior of a dungeon, or maybe it's an associated object in his subconscious. It's a bit purgatorial, void-ish or whatever you call it. We've had a bit of it in TP, but not to this extent.

Edited by SonofMrPeanut, 17 June 2011 - 10:49 PM.

"Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins." - Ricardo Montalban, Freakazoid!

Posted Image

#25 Ryoni93

Ryoni93

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Final fantasy, Chrono trigger

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:49 PM

I want a beutiful and magical zelda, therefore, not entirely realistic.
Face it! The legend of Zelda is a fairytale and the only "realistic" zelda is TP (which is my least favorite home console zelda)
That does not mean I want another cel-shaded game in the first place, but games like Okami have shown that they can be stunningly beutiful too!

Well what DO i want then? Hmm.. Maybe somthing like Majoras Mask in the idea of doing somthing completely diferent with the series, make the game more character and story driven while keeping the fantastic gameplay (but of corse that must be improved as well)
Somthing semi-realistic would fit very well, just as long as you can tell it's a fairytale and there is a lot of magic in the world! :P
Yeah my favorite zelda game is not Ocarina of Time, It's Majoras mask! Live with it!
ps. chrono trigger is the best game ever....
Posted Image Posted Image

#26 BobTheism

BobTheism

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:14 AM

I'm noticing in the "Tech demo to final version comparison"-picture that the style always changed from the tech demo to the final version. However, I would actually not mind the semi-realistic design of Twilight Princess as long as they stick to the outlandish character design (a certain cannon-operator comes to mind).

#27 mandm7527

mandm7527

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

if you could create your own legend of zelda game for the wii u, what would the plotline and title be along with boss's. would there be any return boss's. as well as any new items. or older items like in link's awakening the rocs feather which allowed jumping? would there be more sidequests or less How many temples and what special items would you need to acess the final boss? and when would you meet zelda?

#28 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

There will be a DDR mini-game.

That is all.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#29 rosemary654321

rosemary654321

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Star Fox, Mario, Zelda

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:32 PM

The plot would be that Zelda was infected by evil and was threatening to take over Hyrule but she would also become good rarely and help Link not knowing she was evil. The title would be called "The Forgotten Shadow". The bosses would all be made out of either shadow or light. Many of the items would be return ones but some of the new ones include, the Shadow Sword, the Light Sword and the Master Sword of corse. There would also be the.... I will post a later comment giving more items and info on them. The would be mabye 5-6 sidequests mabye more. There would be 12 temples and I will post the items required to reach the final boss on a later post as with the details of the temples and bosses. You would meet Zelda after you get out of you're home town and she would be good then, then you would meet her many times after that whether good or bad. I will post a finely detailed plot along with items bosses, temples and much more in a later post as I mentioned twice above.

#30 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:44 PM

Okay, I'll be serious this time. Here is a list of different things about Zelda that I've come up with over the years... where to begin?

======
ITEMS
======

- The Bomb Launcher: A crude machination. It's pretty much a bazooka that utilises bombs. Unlike using bombs normally, the Bomb Launcher fires them over a long distance. I can see this working in a way where you need to unblock a wind torrent to progress further, but it's much too far to throw a bomb into the detonation space, making this the perfect tool.

Of course, you could use the Bomb Arrows, but there's a handy little feature to the Bomb Launcher. It's a large, metal cylinder... sounds like it can make a decent battering ram, don't you think.

It will also make blowing things up, a helluva lot more fun.

- Dragonshot Upgrade: Essentially, some form of a Hookshot upgrade. We all know that the Hookshot fires a long linear chain to a location, and the Clawshot was able to let you hang... but what if that chain was flexible. What if you could use your Hookshot like a vine swing. What if you could spin the enemy over your heard, before letting them go in a sort of reverse Hammer Throw? Sounds coolies to me!

- Champion's Pandora: Okay, so this was for an idea, which was to be sequel to Twilight Princess. Basically, there is an ancient cube, the Champion's Pandora, which allows people to be captured inside, and swapped for the user when they are needed. I suppose this was my whacky way of developing a system so that you could play as Link, Zelda and a few others, like Ralis and Lord Bulblin of all people, without running around with 5 people trying to follow.

So Link would have all the gadgets, Zelda would have magic, Ralis would be able to explore underwater, Bulbin... would bash things to pieces. I don't really remember, and the document for it hasn't been typed up. I don't want to go looking through my ideas books either, just to find it.

- Flame Hardhat: This was an item idea that I had for The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Storms (Secrets). Basically, it's a hardhat, so if an icicle or an enemy tried to fall onto you, you'd be protected. But it was also a way of trying to get rid of a generic Flame Rod or Lantern.

- Drum of Storms: Same as above. You have a Rod of Seasons and a Harp of Ages. I like the musical gigs Zelda games have, so here we go: The Drum of Storms. Watch, as you command Windstorms, Thunderstorms, Rainstorms, Sandstorms and Snowstorms with a simple Ba-Dum-Bum-Psh!

========
BOSSES
========
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Storms
- Ordona Dungeon Boss: Ordona - Guardian Spirit
So, if you can imagine a massive deer-like thing trying to smash you inside the small dungeon that is essentially like a Thieves' Guild... yeah. Good luck with that. Basically, you let it ram you while you hold up your shield until it gets dazed. Then you bomb it's legs so it falls over, and allows you to break one of it's horns. The trick is to make sure you change the side you bomb so you can get the other horn.

- Frostbite Narrows Boss: Rust Gohma - Mineral Arachnid
It's like Gohma Queen all over again. No really, I could think of any other way I would play this battle out. The difference being, you have the Flame Hardhat. Make it fall on your head, watch the ice melt (it's covered in thick ice), and slash teh belly!

- Magnet Mine Boss: Thunder Roc - Storm Incarnate
Lol, I'm reading the document now and I made this both the Mini-Boss and the Big Boss of the dungeon. Reading it, I can imagine it to be like the La Saia of Dark Cloud, the Rattlecrab of Scaler, the Evil Riku of Kingdom Hearts, you know... That Mcguffin battle in the middle of the game that everyone complains about.

See, there are magnets in the walls. You lock on with the boomerang and throw, but you need to time it so the Thunder Roc is flying in the way. When the boomerang hits the bird, it streams the electricity along the boomerang's path, so you want the bird to connect with the magnets, making it fall, lose all electrical form, and leaving a stone beak to hack and slash.

Now, with the main boss battle, it ups the game. You do what you did before, but now it makes the whole crater turn into something like in Final Fantasy X, when Yuna goes in the Cloister at Djose, the rocks around the temple start floating around because of the electricity.

Anyway, you gotta dodge, use the Roc's Feather to jump on the rocks (w/out elec), jump over the Roc, and slap the Iron Boots on in mid air. Then hack and slash the beak again.

... And that's all there is. I've found I'm halfway through the first sentence of the fourth boss, which is pretty much this:
Posted Image

=====================
GAMES AND DUNGEONS
=====================
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Storms
- Ordona Dungeon
- Frostbite Narrows
- Magnet Mine
- Hidden Marshes
- Pirate's Fortress
- Sunken Necropolis
- Cocoon Sand
- Gravity Temple
- Tower of Storms

The Legend of Zelda: The Temporal Triad
(Looks like I sorted them by type rather than by chronology. Whoops!)
Mini Dungeons
- Temple of Time
- Fire Temple
- Waterfall Shrine
- Hyrule Castle
- Black Tower
- Dusky Plains (Dark World)
- Gerudo Desert (Dark World)
- Hylia Lakeside (Dark World)
- Spirit Temple (Dark World)

Dungeons
- Forest Ruins
- Death Mountain
- Zora River Upper
- Sacred Grove
- Land in the Sky
- Prison Ice
- Black Citadel
- Hall of Mirrors
- Hidden Fortress
- Water Palace

Why so many dungeons? Because Link, Zelda and Ganondorf all have a scenario.

And... that's all I could find on my computer.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#31 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

I've merged a duplicate topic into this one. Please remember to use the search function before creating new topics. It does work, you know.

#32 pkmntrainer

pkmntrainer

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:09 PM

Personally I would prefer cel-shaded graphics, like skyward sword or wind waker. Twilight Princess hasn't aged well in my opinion, while Wind Waker is still the most gorgeous game I have ever played!
]Posted Image

#33 Oni-Link

Oni-Link

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Fandom:
    Phantasy star,Kingdom hearts,pokemon,Loz

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

So many possibilities, my head is Spinning like a Helicopter.
Posted Image

#34 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

The art style used in the E3 2011 tech demo is, in my opinion, the idea style for not just a realistic Zelda, but a realistic fantasy game in general. It had a realistic style, but it still had a colorful, fantasy feel to it. I definitely wouldn't mind if the first Zelda game on the Wii U looked like the tech demo.
Posted Image

#35 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:33 PM

Yeah, I also have to cast my vote for the style featured in the demo. I really like the idea of taking a surrealist approach to the alternate dimension/world... but I must say that I prefer what has been called "realism" here to a more impressionistic or cell-shaded approach, for the main world at least.

I also have to wonder about Twilight Princess aging worse than other Zelda titles. Even OoT and Majora's Mask, some of the most enjoyable gaming experiences ever created, are ultimately - to me - consumable media. I have enjoyed replaying them from time to time... but they are not timeless masterpieces of art. I expect a game to capture me when I play it... but I also very much expect it to be of its time and for its time (and this is not a 'diss on the medium's potential as art... I just don't think we are quite there yet, and I don't think we need to be there to legitimize our interest).

#36 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:43 PM

I definitely want it to have a realistic style. Whether it's like the tech demo or something different I don't mind. Just as long as they don't do a WW style game. Don't get me wrong, I liked Wind Waker, but there is a time and place for that style, and it most certainly is not the first Zelda game on Nintendo's first HD console.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#37 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:09 PM

The tech demo was beautiful and quickly immersive, that makes a good adventure game (although i wouldnt call mario beautiful nor an adventure series id call SM Sunshine all that, it a good example). The style i dont care as much about, there are other aspects of presentation im more excited about. Im not saying style isnt important, i just dont care which style it is. Zelda is a fun series but to be honest im a terrible Nintendo fan, ive never owned or finish a single zelda game (well i own Ocarina on VirtualC but never finished, i also own spirit tracks but... thats not really....) I am excited to see an HD zelda game (along with Mario, Fzero, Metroid, and smash bros.). I'd like to see some open world co-op experimentation too (each player has a screened controller and half the TV with full freedom to explore)... but then again that wouldn't be Zelda, same goes for the MMO mentioned earlier.
Posted Image

#38 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:01 PM

Yea Im kinda exited for this game because it looks pretty nice :D

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#39 Zuperman

Zuperman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:45 AM

I like the point that the original post makes, although I'm more than contempt with the graphics in the tech demo, they look astonishing.

I only got into LoZ with OoT 3D, I've played a bit of the classics and I kind of recently got super hyped for Skyward Sword, so I'm looking forward to a LoZ game that I can follow and discuss from the announcement to the release.
Posted Image

#40 Microjack5

Microjack5

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

Since when is Link right-handed?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!