Photo

Sick and Tired of "Nintendo being software only soon" stuff.

Software only Nintendo

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

I just wanna get this out there. I'm really annoyed at the fact that this is still going around the big WWW.
Main reason behind this is everyone keeps stating that nintendo is going to fail.
Just like they said this when the wii came out. People still claim it failed. Truth is.

Nintendo sold more Console than any other company, software sales also came along with it. They made a profit in every division of the game industries from the get go. They didn't have to wait.

In my eyes that basically makes the company be on top the most profit is what makes the company. No one goes into business saying "lets make a item that doesn't draw profit at all the first two years its out". You have to look at the big picture. More money gets you more stock aka even more support. People look at Microsoft and Sony and they are way better. Now picture this what kept Sony and Microsoft a float in this industry? Basically the gullibility of us gamers and them selling their other products. Production of producing a video game was way lower than it is today, in all actuallity games should still cost only $50 us paying more helped and it helped a lot but that also destroyed companies that produced the games. Back in the day it was cheaper to produce games based on the fact that development costs to use SDKs weren't a million dollars, for Nintendo that is still true but for the others not so much. The thing is this is a gaming industry not a computer OS industry and not a multimedia industry. Just gaming.

Just to state this as well. I Own a Wii, 360, and a PS3.

#2 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

I'm sick of it, too. I think everyone is.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#3 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:43 AM

But it is true Nintendo will FAIL. See here is a little diagram:

3DS=FAIL Vita=WIN
Wii=FAIL PS Move=FAIL Kinect= FAIL
DS= FAIL PSP=WIN
YOU=FAIL :P

Anyways we all know that isn't true. So keep your hats on (if you dont have one just grab your hair and spin in a 720 degree circle).

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#4 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

I'm especially sick of people saying they should change their strategies, like going software only for iOS and Android or focus on graphical capabilities in consoles, or making 'mature' games... Just NO. Nintendo should stay true to themselves. They always have, and look where they are now. The most succesful, famous, praised gaming company ever. And also one of the longest standing.

"But Microsoft and Sony are bettar!!1" No. They are not gaming companies, you damn fools.
No sig.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:12 AM

No one goes into business saying "lets make a item that doesn't draw profit at all the first two years its out". You have to look at the big picture.

Yes they do.
It's called loss-leading, and it's very popular nowadays.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

http://www.nintendol...yen_in_the_bank]

They will NEVER go software only.

#7 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

Microsoft and Sony only focus on profit. Nintendo is fair to their fan base and respect them. They truly care about putting out a great product for EVERYONE to enjoy. They are the only passionate console creators left.

Edited by Colinx, 02 August 2012 - 09:52 AM.

2lvmghw.png

#8 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

It's certainly possible at some point, but not for a long time yet. The problem is all these gaming journalists who have some kind of vendetta against Nintendo and will claim any slight failing of the company is an indication of them going out of business/going third party in the next few years.

I still am a bit skeptical of how the Wii U will do sales-wise, simply because of the near complete lack of hype outside of communities like our's. But it would take a lot more than one bad console launch to make Nintendo consider pulling out of the hardware business. Remember, Sega suffered a whole slew of financial failures in the 90s before they were finally down and out. The Sega CD, 32X, Saturn and to some extent the Dreamcast all sold pretty poorly. Meanwhile Nintendo has just had their most successful console generation since the SNES era, and the 3DS is doing well enough to make the next look pretty good too.

It's not impossible for Nintendo to screw up, no, but they'd have to flop pretty badly with the Wii U to be in any major trouble.

Posted Image

#9 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

Deadly virus I completely agree with your statement. As for loss gain view of profit you have a great point but rushing things like that causes hardware issues

#10 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

But it is true Nintendo will FAIL. See here is a little diagram:

3DS=FAIL Vita=WIN
Wii=FAIL PS Move=FAIL Kinect= FAIL
DS= FAIL PSP=WIN
YOU=FAIL :P

Anyways we all know that isn't true. So keep your hats on (if you dont have one just grab your hair and spin in a 720 degree circle).

I take it all of that is supposed to be the opposite? In that case I'm pretty positive PS Move didn't win...I could be wrong though.

I think the reason people target Nintendo is because they don't have the other areas of business to fall back on and because the only other well-known console producer that primarily worked on games dropped out. Those things really don't make a difference though. The other companies are just as likely to drop out...maybe even more so if their consoles stop being profitable for a long enough stretch of time. At that point they'd probably want to focus more on their main businesses.
"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#11 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

I take it all of that is supposed to be the opposite? In that case I'm pretty positive PS Move didn't win...I could be wrong though.

I believe he was being satirical. :P
Posted Image

#12 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:52 AM

It was just started by some troll who don't know anything.

Besides, Nintendo isn't going to be software only, ever. I remember them saying that Nintendo is going to keep making hardware until the entire business goes down. If they stop making hardware, they are going to take their games down with them.
Posted Image

#13 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

Let us see how many times Nintendo has "died"

Posted Image

Edited by Nintendoes, 06 August 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#14 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:11 AM

Nintendo has 50 billion in the bank, so unless the mess up on the next 10 counsoles I think their in it for the long run.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Software only, Nintendo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!