Photo

Wohoo! More rumours from an "anonymous source"!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

http://www.vgleaks.c...-u-final-specs/

#2 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:51 AM

POPULAR

My Anonymous source told me the Wii U was powered by a potato.

LordPickleton.png

#3 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

I don't care for any of this til Thursday.

Edited by dUstin, 11 September 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#4 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

Mine told me the Wii U is powered by how much you make toast.

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

I don't care for any of this til Thursday.

broseph its extremely unlikely we'll get specs announced on the 13th.
Posted Image

#6 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

I heard the same thing. You know how you can hook a lightbulb up to a potato and it'll come on? Apparently the Wii U is so energy sparing that it can be run by a potato. It's pretty interesting but my source wishes to remain anonymous. They say they'll tell us more about their experiment sometime before the Wii U comes out and since I heard about this a few months ago that might mean the 13th. :D

Edited by Symbol, 11 September 2012 - 09:39 AM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#7 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

I love the first comment in the linked site...

"wrong"

#8 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

godamnit! how stupid are these people! its been confirmed to run the equivalent of dx11 in open GL form!

Signature_Fox.png

#9 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

I heard the same thing. You know how you can hook a lightbulb up to a potato and it'll come on? Apparently the Wii U is so energy sparing that it can be run by a potato. It's pretty interesting but my source wishes to remain anonymous. They say they'll tell us more about their experiment sometime before the Wii U comes out and since I heard about this a few months ago that might mean the 13th. :D

They already got the DS charging with a banana so why not

Edited by stephen, 11 September 2012 - 11:02 AM.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#10 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:03 AM

Rumors will be rumors. Nothing we can do but play the waiting game.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#11 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

The thing that makes this give the smell of fake is "3 enchanced broadway cores", IBM Broadway uses the PowerPC archetecture, the problem is the Wii U uses the POWER7 archetecture. So it can't be the so called "3 enhanced broadway cores", this was confirmed by IBM back when Wii U was unveiled in 2011 and was re-iterated in a twitter post.

Just looked over at VG leaks, and they've only had 2 posts, just 2 posts relating to the Wii U, there is nothing else leaked other than these so called specs that have been lying around since pre E3, Tri Core IBM Power-PC, which has been changed or debunked to a Power7 CPU and R700 GPU. There isn't else on this site that shows they have any form of credibility,

The first post was on June 4 2012 on that site, how is that a credibile source?

#12 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

I just want the real specs, not a 100 fake rumors.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

lol

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

I personally believe this information is true as parts of it have already been leaked. However it doesn't contain any performance related information like the speed of the gpu or cpu and its performance in polygons, texturing etc. With the information given it could be many times more powerful than current gen or considerably weaker. I do feel we are heading for disappointment with regard cpu performance though.

#15 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:17 PM

I said it was powered by an onion but whatever.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#16 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

“Espresso” CPU on the Wii U has three enhanced Broadway cores

GPU:

“GPU7” AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU. Unique API = GX2, which supports Shader Model 4.0 (DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.3 equivalent functionality)

Memory:

Mem1 = 32MB Mem2 = 1GB (that applications can use)

Storage:

Internal 8 GB with support for SD Cards (SD Cards up to 2GB/ SDHC Cards up to 32GB) and External USB Connected Hard Drives

Networking:

802.11 b/g/n Wifi

Video Output:

Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i

Video Cables Supported:

Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.

USB:

Four USB 2.0

LOL WIIBOY101 WOULD LOVE TO SAY HI THE CPU IS TRI CORE POWERPC 400 BROADWAY-FIED LOL @ POWER7 FANBOYS ITS THE EXACT CPU WIIBOY STATED 2 YEARS AGO POWERPC 32 BIT 400 SERIES WITH BROADWAYCORES

ALL THE SANE FANS ALREADY NEW THIS IM GOING FOR 1.6GHZ CPU AND 800MHZ GPU

I just want the real specs, not a 100 fake rumors.

THEY ARE THE SPECS GET USED TO IT POWER 7 IS ONLY IN YOUR OWN INSANITY

HOW MANY TIMES DID I WORN U

Edited by thehappening, 11 September 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#17 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

lmao.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#18 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

I personally believe this information is true as parts of it have already been leaked. However it doesn't contain any performance related information like the speed of the gpu or cpu and its performance in polygons, texturing etc. With the information given it could be many times more powerful than current gen or considerably weaker. I do feel we are heading for disappointment with regard cpu performance though.

its 100%% true as wiiboy101 said 2 years ago POWERPC 400 BROADWAY-FIED CORES he didnt say edram level 2 catch thats a great upgrade 5 instructions per clock likely clocked 1.6ghz or above

full clok speeds cpu gpu bus and actual ram specs needed

could you prove your view point on the cpu please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AH-HHHmmmmmm

wii u cpu 3mb edram catch (edram at least 2x sram bandwidth same clock) x360 1mb sram ps3 512k sram I FAIL TO SEE WEAK CPU

wii u 3 powerpc out of order cores ,,,x360 3 inline cores ps3 cough cough 1 inline core

wii u 5 instructions per clock x360 and ps3 cpus 2 instructions per clock 5 vs 2 people out of order vs inline people

wiiu dedicated sound processor and co cpu arm x360 and ps3 no such extras all done on the cpu its self

ps3 spe's wiiu 3 out of order cores plus compute shaders

im still looking for the weak cpu guys ps3 1 inline core <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<i found weak

Edited by thehappening, 11 September 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

i.minus.com/iba8gtguWUoMaf.JPG

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

its 100%% true as wiiboy101 said 2 years ago POWERPC 400 BROADWAY-FIED CORES he didnt say edram level 2 catch thats a great upgrade 5 instructions per clock likely clocked 1.6ghz or above

full clok speeds cpu gpu bus and actual ram specs needed

could you prove your view point on the cpu please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AH-HHHmmmmmm

wii u cpu 3mb edram catch (edram at least 2x sram bandwidth same clock) x360 1mb sram ps3 512k sram I FAIL TO SEE WEAK CPU

wii u 3 powerpc out of order cores ,,,x360 3 inline cores ps3 cough cough 1 inline core

wii u 5 instructions per clock x360 and ps3 cpus 2 instructions per clock 5 vs 2 people out of order vs inline people

wiiu dedicated sound processor and co cpu arm x360 and ps3 no such extras all done on the cpu its self

ps3 spe's wiiu 3 out of order cores plus compute shaders

im still looking for the weak cpu guys ps3 1 inline core <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<i found weak

You have the weirdest way of expressing yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!