Photo

Do you think the game pad should have been an optional extra?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Im starting to think that developers and maybe many gamers would have prefered just the console and the pro controler. After all, to play games its all you need. I consider gaming to be a passtime, as is tennis, horse riding, or chess. All you need to get the best out of ur pass time is the basic equiptment, tennis = a racket and ball, horse riding = A horse and reigns, chess = a board and peices, gaming = a game and a controler! I understand inovation and progress, but as gamers we just wanna play games. Nintendo games. I have an i phone which i love to play quick games on, and my wii to play proper console games, the wii mote and nunchuck arnt gimmicks anymore, i prefer them to pads now, MW3 with the remote kicks a pads ass, but as different as it is its still at heart, simply a controler. Ive said this b4 but if u r playing a shooter for example, you DO NOT want to look down, so although im yet to try it, my brain cant get it. Anyway im hyped for the wii u and its a day one buy for me, i just wish i was given the choice to buy the console and a old school controller so i can play games the way i and millions others do. P.s i aint trolling.

#2 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

I though that at first, but then I realized that it's a Nintendo console, they ALWAYS have to make it unique
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#3 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

I plan to use both, so it's no big issue.

#4 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

I though that at first, but then I realized that it's a Nintendo console, they ALWAYS have to make it unique

Ok but they gave us the wii mote only a few years ago, which i think rocks a controler, why not improve tht and offer the game pad as an extra?

#5 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

and my wii to play proper console games

^That alone makes your whole post a joke
Posted Image

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

Yes.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#7 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

^That alone makes your whole post a joke
Posted Image

Oh yeah, whys that then big man, its my only console, so its what i play my main big titles on. If u cant understand that then maybe i cud suggest a very basic course in "how to answer a post i dont get " course!

#8 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

Oh yeah, whys that then big man, its my only console, so its what i play my main big titles on. If u cant understand that then maybe i cud suggest a very basic course in "how to answer a post i dont get " course!

The dancing troll face allows me to say any negative thing i want about Nintendo and the Wii itself...

But anyways Nintendo was going to make the Wii U without the gamepad but then they did a little research and found this thing >>>

Posted Image

So then they decided they needed to throw in some form of gimmick to differentiate themselves :P

#9 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

The dancing troll face allows me to say any negative thing i want about Nintendo and the Wii itself...

But anyways Nintendo was going to make the Wii U without the gamepad but then they did a little research and found this thing >>>

Posted Image

So then they decided they needed to throw in some form of gimmick to differentiate themselves :P

Hey i like ps3, its a simple games machine, like the nes, snes, n64, gamecube, all of which helped mould that machine, and like it or not sony wanted to be like nintendo in there own way. But withthe the pro pad i can play all the games the ps3 can in the future AND Nintendo ip's but with better graphics :)

Edited by djlewe78, 11 September 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#10 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

If people dont wanna use the Gamepad then they can use the Pro controller. The Pro would limit them for some games but if that is what they want then fine.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#11 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

Ok but they gave us the wii mote only a few years ago, which i think rocks a controler, why not improve tht and offer the game pad as an extra?

Cause theyre not innovating... theyre recycling...
were not microsoft or sony...

#12 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

The gamepad as an extra wouldn't last long at all. The support for it will dwindle fast just like other Wii extras. When packed in support is granted.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#13 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

Cause theyre not innovating... theyre recycling...
were not microsoft or sony...

I get that, totaly, and it opens up a whole new way to play, great, but when it comes to playiing fifa, tekken, battlefield, even mario in my opinion, all u need is a great controler (which nintendo are best at) a big tv and ur hands, tell me truthfully that u hink while playing either online or just at home with friends, a fast paced game like the titles named above, looking away from the action is a good idea?

#14 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

why? how is the pro controller at all better than the gamepad? the only time im ever going to use the pro controller is for local split screen, otherwise why would i use an inferior controller? just doesn't make sense to me. if its a game where u specifically want NOT to use a second screen then simply use the gamepad's buttons only and dont use the second screen :P haha its so simple. yet you still get the advantage of a built in microphone for voice chat
Posted Image

#15 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

The gamepad as an extra wouldn't last long at all. The support for it will dwindle fast just like other Wii extras. When packed in support is granted.

EXACTLY! If it really worked and improved gameplay id make MYchoice and buy one as wud all gamers who could afford it. The wii mote and pro pad would be just fine by me

EXACTLY! If it really worked and improved gameplay id make MYchoice and buy one as wud all gamers who could afford it. The wii mote and pro pad would be just fine by me

#16 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

All you cats behave, or I call the law.

#17 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

nope

Signature_Fox.png

#18 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

It wouldnt work and improve gameplay if it wasnt mandatory because barely any developers would use it and it would die, by making it mandatory it has to get support so it will be successful... If you dont wanna use a gamepad so badly then dont use one there are 2 other alternative controller options... and if you do despise the thought of it so much then just get a 360 or ps3 because they will get the same 3rd party games, the Wii U is not some cutting edge tech, its 7.5 gen at most and it will be "more powerful" than the ps3 but its not so far advanced that your mind will be blown... the rumored price of $250 to $300 should tell you alot. either accept the fact thats its got a gamepad controller or get a console that doesnt have one

#19 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

why? how is the pro controller at all better than the gamepad? the only time im ever going to use the pro controller is for local split screen, otherwise why would i use an inferior controller? just doesn't make sense to me. if its a game where u specifically want NOT to use a second screen then simply use the gamepad's buttons only and dont use the second screen :P haha its so simple. yet you still get the advantage of a built in microphone for voice chat

I do understand and if a games made with the gamepad in mind great. But generaly for most big cross platform games the game pad will be used as a big standard controler. And voice chat will clearly be better with an ear peice.

#20 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

I do understand and if a games made with the gamepad in mind great. But generaly for most big cross platform games the game pad will be used as a big standard controler. And voice chat will clearly be better with an ear peice.

how does that explain why using a pro controller would be better than using the gamepad?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!