• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 tiro

tiro

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

so, what i'm going to do is go to walmart 24 hours before launch, and stay there untill the wii u hits the shelves (staying as close as possible to the electronic department) and when they finnaly arrive, buy one! wish me lots of luck!

#2 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

You can still preorder one online at Walmart... But goodluck.
Posted Image

#3 tiro

tiro

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:19 AM

thats true, but you cant preorder the black 32 gig one at walmart.com...

Edited by tiro, 25 September 2012 - 09:24 AM.

#4 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

Oh so they finally sold out? Didn't even notice. xD I'm planning on doing similar for a GS near me for Black Friday. Except not 24 hours in advance. :P
Posted Image

#5 tiro

tiro

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

i might be going a bit overboard, going an entire 24 hours ahead of time...but after how hard it was to find a wii i'm not taking any chances.

#6 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:25 AM

It might be worth it since you're going after the black one. It seems to either have less stock or a lot more demand than expected.
Posted Image

#7 tiro

tiro

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

yep! *brofist*

i really hope i can get my hands on one...considering i live RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of a collage town, it mught be more tricky than i expected!

#8 Heffir

Heffir

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

Have fun with that, and good luck. :0
$150 down, $200 to go. #DeluxeWiiU

#9 tiro

tiro

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

haha, thanks!

#10 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

yep! *brofist*

i really hope i can get my hands on one...considering i live RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of a collage town, it mught be more tricky than i expected!

Hope they're all too poor to buy one at launch ;) For me I'm not too worried even though I'm attempting to pick one up 5 days later on Black Friday. I can't make up my mind between white or black and I'm sure there will be at least white in stock haha.
Posted Image

#11 tiro

tiro

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

true...but the black comes with so much more cool stuff!

#12 goatsdown

goatsdown

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

Hope they're all too poor to buy one at launch ;) For me I'm not too worried even though I'm attempting to pick one up 5 days later on Black Friday. I can't make up my mind between white or black and I'm sure there will be at least white in stock haha.

Just curious, what's the point of attempting to pick one up on BF? I wouldn't think there will be any price break (maybe some unique bundles??). It seems like a real PITA to try to get one that day. What am missing? Perhaps new stock will hit the floor? Just gonna be in the store on that day? Like I said, just curious...

#13 tiro

tiro

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

just called wallmart
me: how are you handling people with out wii u preorders?
them:"first come first serve, just wait in line and hope you get one."

Edited by tiro, 25 September 2012 - 09:45 AM.

#14 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

true...but the black comes with so much more cool stuff!

Only thing I'm sorta interested in is the premium online bonus. ^^;; I have no one to play NL with and honestly the stands probably won't be used until I get a bigger room... Hopefully sometime in the next 10 years xD

Just curious, what's the point of attempting to pick one up on BF? I wouldn't think there will be any price break (maybe some unique bundles??). It seems like a real PITA to try to get one that day. What am missing? Perhaps new stock will hit the floor? Just gonna be in the store on that day? Like I said, just curious...

Yeah I doubt there will be any price break either. It's really just for the "unique bundles" as you put it. Like a "Buy a console get a game half off" deal or something. It's not that much of a PITA, no more than launch day. Since I'm most likely going to either GameStop, Toys R Us, etc, I won't be trampled by other people trying to buy toasters on sale or something haha. And most likely there will be either saved or new stock specifically for Black Friday. Even if the console isn't on sale, the console is used to get you in the door for the other sales, which might be useful. :)
Well, that and my mother is adamant about waiting for Black Friday. She managed to get the Wii on it so I'm not questioning her wisdom about "the GameStop that no one knows about" lol

just called wallmart
me: how are you handling people with out wii u preorders?
them:"first come first serve, just wait in line and hope you get one."

Yeeeup that's how it always works. You're gonna be there early so nothing to worry about. :)

Edited by Ixchel, 25 September 2012 - 09:47 AM.

Posted Image

#15 tiro

tiro

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

you guys are so awsome :wub: i'm really glad i joined this forum!

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

You might want to get there earlier than 24 hours if it's first come first served.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 tiro

tiro

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

You might want to get there earlier than 24 hours if it's first come first served.

love your profile pic XD but yeah...maybe...

#18 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

I was told the same thing by GameStop, even though I pre-ordered, it's still (first come, first serve). In which I hate, like really whats the whole point of calling it a pre-order, just call it a deposit on the product.
However, I probably would also recommend you being there all day, I also have heard of people camping out for 2-3 days...so you could have even more of a uphill battle.

#19 tiro

tiro

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

I was told the same thing by GameStop, even though I pre-ordered, it's still (first come, first serve). In which I hate, like really whats the whole point of calling it a pre-order, just call it a deposit on the product.
However, I probably would also recommend you being there all day, I also have heard of people camping out for 2-3 days...so you could have even more of a uphill battle.

really? hmm...

#20 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

really? hmm...

Yes!! Look at Youtube and type in WII Launch or PS3 launch. You will see videos of people that claim to have been in line for days. Not saying that it's gonna happen, but someone people camp out days in advance.
If I had friends to chill with while camping out and didn't have to work, I probably would also.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: preorder, black deluxe wii u, fail, walmart, black, wii u, deluxe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!