Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

It seems a majority of reveiwers have nothing great to say about the Wii U. Im hear to say they are very biased right now. I got my Wii U and most of the problems people are talking about are real minor or not too notacable. Such as people complaining about the touchscreens response time which was perfectly fine.So it leads me to think people are just hating. What do you think?

Signature_DK.png

#2 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Well, your just looking at negative reviews. The reviews I'm seeing says it has a lot of potential and it's fun.

#3 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

I've noticed that, that's why i've stopped reading reviews altogether
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#4 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

I enjoy the objective viewpoints on the Wii U.

#5 GoodGuy

GoodGuy

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

Whats over critisizing though? People are only stating theor opinion

#6 naadofett

naadofett

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

My initial impression was that the loading times seem a little long, but they didn't rub me the wrong way. It'd be nice if they can improve that somehow though. Otherwise, the touch screen seems to work fine for me and the interface doesn't really bother me.

#7 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

My initial impression was that the loading times seem a little long, but they didn't rub me the wrong way. It'd be nice if they can improve that somehow though. Otherwise, the touch screen seems to work fine for me and the interface doesn't really bother me.

I checked on the Nintendo support site and they are aware of any slowness in the menus and plan to fix it someday. Im pretty sure they will.

Signature_DK.png

#8 naadofett

naadofett

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

I checked on the Nintendo support site and they are aware of any slowness in the menus and plan to fix it someday. Im pretty sure they will.

Oh I'm sure they're looking at it. When I registered the U on club Nintendo I made sure to point out this issue as well as a couple of other small issues as well. Pass along the info in multiple ways. Nothing ever goes without a hitch on day 1 so I'm not exactly concerned right now. With the time I've spent with the system so far (albeit not too much), I'm overall plenty happy with it so far.

#9 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

Whats over critisizing though? People are only stating theor opinion

They do it by trying to shove it down your throat though.

Edited by Zinix, 18 November 2012 - 10:38 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#10 notaclownshoe

notaclownshoe

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

YOU JUST WOKE UP TO SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN THE CASE FROM THE 1980S ANTI NINTENDOISM ITS NOTHING NEW ITS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY

#11 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Instead of reading reviews, watch people play it. People who I have been watching on twitch tv are having a blast with the Wii U.
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#12 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

Yea... they are just haters

#13 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

It seems like a lot of them a making valid complaints of the system.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#14 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

its nintendo of course they are. the thing most people dont realize is the industry is EXTREMELY biased towards nintendo. they want them to follow suit and be exactly like microsoft and sony and that isnt nintendo. they look to innovate first in making gaming fun and not all about tech specs. i love them for that and will always support.

#15 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

Wow some people here can't even see the wood for the trees.A day one 5gb update and its related problems are not acceptable
Posted Image

#16 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

Sometimes, there is legit disinformation. Ie: 1ups review dogging the U basically for not being the 360 down to the exact controller shape and button placement in fact, one of the "minuses" was that the reviewer is so used to 360 that a gane didnt do the sane thing when he hit the button in the sane location. No joke. Completely idiotic.

Fps on the gamepad? How can that be anything but BETTER? And the trigger buttons are only going to be more responsive.

In fact, the only legit question that can be asked about the Wii U's gaming is racing simulations. With digital triggers. And that's it. Fps on the gamepad should be just as easy as the pro controller. I'm actually surprised how well the back of the Upad allows it to be handled tightly like a regular controller.

And I think most will prefer black ops 2 on Upad vs anything else. Just give it time. Heck, the 360 controller sucked and was a pain to use at first. But people got used to it.

It's industry bias, corporate agenda laden guerrilla warfare, and sometimes stupidity that comes out in the negative reviews. But not all. Ign has an article about the freinds system that makes a world of sense. But you basically have to be on alert with these things.

It's just interesting that Sony and ms get a pass with so many things but Nintendo not only doesn't get a pass, they have to climb mountains that don't even exist in order to get any praise.

#17 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

maybe some of the points you make are true,but personally sony left my credit details online because of a breach of their security.After that I dropped the system like a hot ****.They had to live with that and the following losses of service.Also ms had to live with the near 30% rrod of original models.Both companies paid in one way or another for their failures but all were highly publicised by most of the gaming community.Im afraid with nintendo releasing the wii u they are now subject to the same if not moreso scrutiny because their console is newer.Sad truth of it is and always has been that bad news travels fast
Posted Image

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

I was very harsh about the Wii U yesterday, and I'd just like to say how very sorry I am, I know it's no excuse but I think I was just shocked at all the bad press, but I slept on it and this morning I had a good think about it went on the Internet and things seem to have calmed down a lot, belive me I'm back to normal now, and my exitement for the Wii U just increased tenfold :D Sorry about yesterday everyone, if you see any posts from me yesterday just ignore them I was an ass.

#19 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

UnchainedGoku - You were a little harsh but you made good points, and you were being realistic if you ask me.

#20 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

One of the more legitimate complaints, at least from what I've read, is the speed. I mean, they've basically sold this out as the next gen console...

Why is the speed suffering so much? That alone is enough to make me doubt that the Wii U will override it's current competition.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!