101 replies to this topic

#21 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

@ Red Koopa Trooper
Why though? there aren't many games (obviously as it's a new console) and I've already played the best multiplatform ones on PC - Darksiders 2, Batman, Mass Effect 3. No point letting it sit there to gather dust. A year from now they'll probably have refined it a bit more and improved things, and there will be games to play, and it'll all be cheaper.
You could ask yourself why bother getting it in the first place. Well, I really wanted to see what it was like and really wanted to play Zombi U. Now that's done it has no purpose. Got a PS3 for Netflix and games, PC for games and browser etc.
Also, there don't seem to be any decent games on the horizon next year. Nintendo Direct didn't reveal anything of interest. They really needed a big AAA title like a new Metroid or something at least but anything like that seems to be way off!

Just because the Nintendo Direct didn't reveal anything doesn't mean there aren't big games coming. Not everything gets announced early and Nintendo in particular have a tendency to keep things secret until nearer the time of release. In general they aren't typically very forthcoming about information on upcoming releases. I suspect there will be more announced in the months to come. I suspect Nintendo is giving third parties a chance to release their games without stiff completion from AAA first party titles and to try and gain as much support from as possible.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 06 December 2012 - 01:48 AM.

#22 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

Too bad you sold your system. As for me, Im in it for the long haul. There are a lot of good games out right now but I gotta wait till after Christmas when I have more money :(

#23 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

What I don't get is why you'd even think of buying a console for 1 game! It's one of the most pointless things I have heard in a while. Why buy something you know you're gonna sell?
As far as I can tell, the Wii U has pretty much all great games at launch, and if you've already played them, quit your whining.
Bring the noise.

#24 suzuki650

suzuki650

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

No whining here, just stating why I got it and why I'm selling it. I got to play Zombie U, Nintendo Land and play with Miiverse and all the console features over the course of a week for a measly £20 loss. Absolutely no big deal at all so why not get it just for one game, as you say? :)

#25 mjjferreira

mjjferreira

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

I dont care if you sold it, thats your problem.

I even dont know why you had to post it here...

Do you think that in the release date there would be all those games that you want? lol

If you dont like to wait you have made a bad choice...you should have bought a PS3 or xBox for those titles!

Cheers

Edited by mjjferreira, 06 December 2012 - 03:19 AM.

#26 suzuki650

suzuki650

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

Learn to read mate.

a] It's not a problem.

b] I clearly stated I knew there would be few games (same on any new console)

c] Already have a PS3/360

d] Learn to read

Edited by suzuki650, 06 December 2012 - 03:23 AM.

#27 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

At least the freezing issues might , might , be sorted out by time u get another.

#28 suzuki650

suzuki650

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

...and the really slow UI and downloads. ;)

#29 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

Yep....

#30 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

I really don't know why people have to start threads to justify why they have sold a console soon after they bought it. They obviously didn't do their research and bought the system blindly. As for their being no AAA games that's just absolute rubbish as there are several of them. If there aren't any games you like that's a different thing altogether and again doing research would have helped with that. As for launch games being delayed the only one to my knowledge has been Rayman Legends.

As for Pikmin 3 I believe it was a launch window game and its cynical to think that the reason or the only reason it's been pushed back is for marketing reasons. Looking at recent reports its come a long way since E3 and no doubt it needs and will need even more polish. Not mention its not the first time a game has been pushed back or delayed. As for the price of the system coming down in the next two years people who think that need to wake up and smell the coffee as it isn't going to happen.

Nintendo have already said that when a Wii U owner buys one game they break even. They are selling the console at a loss already and aren't going to reduce the price anytime soon. Lastly I and I think a lot of people bought the Wii U and buy new consoles in general for the long term and know that there will be more quality top games coming out. There are already quality games on the console anyway.

Well put.

How can the OP not be satisfied with the launch games? There's a game for everyone out of these. ZombieU for the survivalist, blackops2 for the shooter, AC3 for adventure & action, sonic racing, Nintendo land for party and family games..trine 2 is awesome! There's batman, mass effect! Friggin loads?!? Lol. Plus..aliens coming early next year is going to be awesome! From the gameplay I've seen, I'm pretty sure it's the wiiU version..the devs at te end talk about the gamepad and how sweet it is in that game. Can't wait!

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

cool story bro.

*goes bqck to drawing pictures of epic things that happened in metroid blast/ zombi u and posting to miiverse*

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

Hell I liked mine so much I bough ta second one. Different strokes for different folks. I am content with the titles available for now and there aren't even any of Nintendo's flagship titles out for it yet. So things will only get better!
CURRENTLY PLAYING: ZombiU, Black Ops 2, Super Mario Bros U, Sonic Transformed

#33 Kermit

Kermit

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Surely you knew what games would be available for both the Wii U and 3DS? Don't you read video game news? Why buy a 3DS just for Animal Crossing, everyone knew it wouldn't be out for a while.

Wii U - WaxiesDargle / 3DS - 4897-5995-1582

Posted Image

#34 DeviousOne

DeviousOne

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

So what?
Posted Image

#35 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

A lot of people do the same thing - I've owned many systems over my lifetime and there have been dry spells where I don't touch a system and then sell it only to pick it up a year later when a few sweet games come out. I usually always hated myself after lol. Nintendo and Sega were the only 2 I never did that with, mostly because I'm a die hard fan. It's your own choice to make. Just not sure why though at launch you even bothered to pick it up if you didn't like what it offered at launch.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#36 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

Dude posts like this just piss people off on a site like this, so I'm not sure what the point was. As far as your decision goes to purchase one in the first place it sounds like it was beyond uninformed. You knew what games were announced for launch, and you knew what games were announced for the launch window. The only one to get bumped so far is Pikmin, and the fact is if you don't want to see that great game get all the polish that it needs in order to be a AAA title then you are foolish. It's been over 10 years since Pikmin 2 came out, and the series DESERVES that extra time. you already have two other consoles to keep you busy during the post launch wait for Wii U games, so just do what I have done.....shuddup and play ZombiU, NSMBU, BLOPS 2, Halo 4, and Far Cry 3.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#37 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

So the point of this thread what exactly?

Posted Image

#38 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

Just because the Nintendo Direct didn't reveal anything doesn't mean there aren't big games coming. Not everything gets announced early and Nintendo in particular have a tendency to keep things secret until nearer the time of release. In general they aren't typically very forthcoming about information on upcoming releases. I suspect there will be more announced in the months to come. I suspect Nintendo is giving third parties a chance to release their games without stiff completion from AAA first party titles and to try and gain as much support from as possible.

Well put and I'll add one more point. The console has already gotten some pretty serious mature 3rd party games, and I really feel like that is gravy. Everybody that has owned Nintendo consoles in the past knows that it is very possible that they will be playing the waiting game for all of the AAA Nintendo franchises to drop. The only Nintendo title that really borders on cookie cutter and rushed nowadays is the New Super Mario Brothers series, and we got one for launch. Nintendo will delay a product in order to make it epic, and if someone doesn't know that then they don't know Nintendo.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#39 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

Absolutely Blake, I imported my N64 and paid around triple for it - why? Outstanding triple A title's - only 2 mind, but brilliant. That's what's missing. There's no anchor.

there is and he's just sold his wiiU! lol jk. ;)
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#40 Heffir

Heffir

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

I cancelled my preorder just for this reason. No one here will agree with you, all you are going to hear is "Wow, you sold it, you'll regret it.", but I understand exactly why, just like you the only reason I bought my 3DS is for Animal Crossing, where is it? Oh yeah, 2 years about and still nothing. Wii U at this point is a waste, I'd rather wait to MAYBE get it later once solid games come out.
$150 down, $200 to go. #DeluxeWiiU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!