#61 chamot07

chamot07

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Madden, FIFA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

Why would you buy a console for just one game, idiot.

i bought it for Madden 13, only for the game to not be available in most retailers yet :laugh:

^^ in Australia FYI

#62 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

for what I am reading over the net, not only on this forum... People who dont care much (much) about the specs and they have faith on Nitnendo... turn out because of other things..

1) long time updates, bricks and bugs
2) luck of ethernet port
3) luck of hdd (usb hdd bugs)
4) I ve read this, but I am not a wii U owner to know if its true or not... HDMI is locked to (R G B ) only?
5) Sound problems

as for the games.. wii U is ok I believe.. I wouldnt buy zombie U for sure.. The best games to buy from that list, are AC3 (it has lots of things to do, except the main mission, so it will hold its fans for some time).. COD black ops 2, mario U, it also have a couple of Karate (beatemup) games... So its fine for a couple of months...

How many games you buy each month and wii U games are not enough for u? Even if you bought 2 games, its more than enough for a couple of months. I know that console companies, point to the customers who buy 2 games at least, per month... but these are not gamers... some times they cant even play what they got!

I am a 100% confident that in a year, nintendo may release an updated version of wii U.. with ethernet port and a high voltage usb port for hdd... this was a must from day 1, I wonder why they didnt!!! Nintendo claims.. we want customers to have 1 device that can do many stuff in their living room... but actually this device demands external hdds with extra cables, ethernet hubs, etc... lol

Xbox360 did the same.. 1 year after they changed many stuff and 2 years after they added hdmi and plenty of hdd and since they changed 4-5 times the whole motheboard with newer models and features... So never say never! The first xbox360 expensive version had 16gb..

PS: sad for japan today.. they got a huge earthquake 7.4 magnitude...

Edited by Orion, 07 December 2012 - 03:14 AM.

#63 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

Wow the animosity towards anyone who isn't "Nintendo till I die" on here is evident as usual. To be fair I have desperate issues with the hardware/firmware more so than the selection of games.Have mine a week and have already had like 10 freezes.refusal of the Wii u to turn off.gamepad connection dropout maybe 20 times.Its a shame because underneath all the bugs its a very nice piece of kit.However whoever was in charge of testing the hardware/ firmware should be taken out and shot.This is 2012 I don't expect to pay over 300 pounds for something that hasn't been tested properly.Holding out for a golden issue fixing update desperately
Posted Image

#64 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

Well, I'm not gonna say it's the smartest option you had at hand. I find it very hard to believe that you could've been reimbursed the full price on a refund/resale. I think if you were willing to rebuy the system at a later date, it would've just been handier and more cost effective to have kept it. Put it back in it's cardboard box if you had to, store it away until a later date.

Then again, I'm no position to talk. I sold my 3DS because it wasn't fun anymore. More than 9 months of dust hugging is enough to make that apparent.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#65 Paz

Paz

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

Well, been great reading all the opinions - some not so pleasant - but that's ok. The reason for the original post was to give an opinion - and an example of actual gaming on the Wii U from a gamer's point of view. We are all fans of this pastime - as many on this forum are like myself, gamers for 30 years +.

As a result of this Nintendo has featured greatly in my experiences and I viewed the lack of AAA titles as a reflection of their immediate dedication to experienced gamers and it most definitely had me concerned on another potential Wiiware generation - a concern that is apt and if it hasn't featured in your thinking that is cool too.

As for the Fanboy attitude - ever heard of a Virtual Boy? Yeah picked one of those up on release with all the games, so I'de say my dedication to Nintendo products is pretty solid.

Free speech - that's what forums are for - diversity of opinion is a good thing and thanks to all posters of balanced responses - it shows this.

Now, Pikmin 3 is a Summer title - that's a potential 6,7 or 8 month wait.....

Essentially - I played a great Wii U game and a few mediocre ones for around £20-25, and I'm not left with a system gathering dust for half a year. Pretty good deal. I'll be really interested to see how much game time your Wii U has for the next 6 months or so, hope it's enjoyable, for me - my console has to be supported with quality titles in order for me to achieve that and that's why the Wii U in around 12 months time will be most definitely back on the list.

Edited by Paz, 08 December 2012 - 08:50 AM.

#66 Phantom8771

Phantom8771

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

Are you ok son? What has gotten into you?

#67 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

Well, been great reading all the opinions - some not so pleasant - but that's ok. The reason for the original post was to give an opinion - and an example of actual gaming on the Wii U from a gamer's point of view. We are all fans of this pastime - as many on this forum are like myself, gamers for 30 years +.
As a result of this Nintendo has featured greatly in my experiences and I viewed the lack of AAA titles as a reflection of their immediate dedication to experienced gamers and it most definitely had me concerned on another potential Wiiware generation - a concern that is apt and if it hasn't featured in your thinking that is cool too.
As for the Fanboy attitude - ever heard of a Virtual Boy? Yeah picked one of those up on release with all the games, so I'de say my dedication to Nintendo products is pretty solid.
Free speech - that's what forums are for - diversity of opinion is a good thing and thanks to all posters of balanced responses - it shows this.
Essentially - I played a great Wii U game and a few mediocre ones for around £20-25, and I'm not left with a system gathering dust for half a year. Pretty good deal. I'll be really interested to see how much game time your Wii U has for the next 6 months or so, hope it's enjoyable, for me - my console has to be supported with quality titles in order for me to achieve that and that's why the Wii U in around 12 months time will be most definitely back on the list.

Pikmin 3 isn't a summer title, its a spring title. It's set to come out in the second quarter of 2013 which is between April and June. At the very least its four months away. At the most it's about six months away. As for how much time I spend on the Wii U in the next three months that's irrelevant as I bought it for the long term. There are games I want to play on it now which are AAA games and there are AAA games I want to play coming out in the next six months. I am also confident there will be a lot more during its lifetime. Furthermore its game playing experience using the Gamepad and its many features is unique and that alone makes it worthwhile owning one. Very few consoles have a great library of games at launch or soon after. One of the few exceptions in recent times is the PS Vita which had an excellent launch line up and had more great games for it released since.

#68 Adders

Adders

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

If you want to get rid of your wii u then thats fine, I am very happy with mine and loving all the new stuff you can do on it. I suppose what we dont understand is this if you know what games are on the wii u launch and you must of known why did you buy a wii u in the first place :huh:

anyway you have sold it now :wacko:

But for me and I think most of us really looking forward to what the next games will be like cant wait :D

#69 emmonsh

emmonsh

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

you compare the v irtual boy to the wii u? right there a reason not to read anything you wrote.lol

#70 GOOBER

GOOBER

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

need a cookie?

#71 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

Can I borrow $20

#72 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

What a terrible, pointless thread.

#73 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

LOL, anyone who has Wii U must be completely satisfied, and if they arent, they probably had some trepidation about buying one in the first place. The ONLY complaint I have, if you can even call it a complaint, is the launch titles, NSMBU is a 9/10 in my book, and has just blown me away......BLOPS 2 is very very solid, and gonna be the game that consumes me while i eagerly await new titles......but im not big on AC3, zombie u etc.....so i cant even call it a complaint, because I, just like everyone else knew exactly the games that would be available.....its simply a justification for having ANY one thing be not stellar with the WII U. Everything else has been above and beyond what my expectations were for the system.

Dont really know why someone would sell this so soon.

Eagerly awaiting Rayman, Zelda, Kart, Party, and all the titles and platformers that put Nintendo into a league of their own. And the sole reason it can still be a monster entity among microsoft and sony.

#74 caponie

caponie

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Fandom:
    uncharted, assassins creed

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

The vita did not have any games at launch either and to a point still does not. I think the wii u will thrive and be huge. At the moment I love my wii u and this is coming from a hardcore pc/console gamer who never owned or would buy a nintendo product. Until the wii u

#75 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

The vita did not have any games at launch either and to a point still does not. I think the wii u will thrive and be huge. At the moment I love my wii u and this is coming from a hardcore pc/console gamer who never owned or would buy a nintendo product. Until the wii u

I have to whole heartedly disagree regards the Vita and I think going by various forum posts so would a lot of others. There were quite a few quality games on the Vita at launch and I think I must have bought around 8 or 9 then. I've got just over 20 games on the Vita now where as I've only got about 5 for the 3DS and that's been out much longer.

#76 emmonsh

emmonsh

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

if you want games trine 2 is amazing. darksiders 2 is game of the year in my opinion.

#77 stoutland

stoutland

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

I have to whole heartedly disagree regards the Vita and I think going by various forum posts so would a lot of others. There were quite a few quality games on the Vita at launch and I think I must have bought around 8 or 9 then. I've got just over 20 games on the Vita now where as I've only got about 5 for the 3DS and that's been out much longer.

I bet half of the games you have involve some aspect of shooting. I don't hate the vita in any way (I own one). I was struggling to find a game that I'd like on it i.e a game that doesn't involve guns! The only two are little big planet and persona 4 golden. If there are any others of the sort, please tell me o_o

#78 Crimson_Engage

Crimson_Engage

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

So you sold it because you are impatient? The system JUST came out. Oh well, whatever. Your loss. (of money)

I'll be playing Aliens: Colonial Marines next month.

#79 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

So you sold a system 3 weeks after launch because it has no games for the next 1-2 months

You probably also lost some cash when you sold it

Your impatience makes me sad.

794144.png?13383682

#80 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

I bet half of the games you have involve some aspect of shooting. I don't hate the vita in any way (I own one). I was struggling to find a game that I'd like on it i.e a game that doesn't involve guns! The only two are little big planet and persona 4 golden. If there are any others of the sort, please tell me o_o

Why would you make such an assumption ?

The retail games I own are as follows:

BlazeBlue
Gravity Rush
Hot Shots Golf
LittleBigPlanet
Little Deviants
Lumines
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Modnation Racers
Mortal Kombat
Playstation All Stars
Rayman Origins
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom
Uncharted
Unit 13
Virtua Tennis
Wipeout
Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward

I also own several PSN games too, mostly puzzle or platform with a couple of sports games.

Only three of those really involve guns and shooting.

The Vita had one of the best launches ever for a new console regards to choice and number of games. There are a number of other games already available like Ragnarok Odyssey and Persona 4 Golden. I would say the both the choice at launch and since has been very good.

Anyway this is kind of getting off topic now.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 18 December 2012 - 03:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!