101 replies to this topic

#41 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

I bought mine soley for ZombiU, once i finish that, the U will just sit there until something else appears that i like the look of, maybe i'll download and play some classic snes or n64 games from the eshop, but other than that it'll just sit there. But i wouldn't sell it! that way madness lies! cancelling your pre ordered U i can understand, why buy something you wont use just yet? but sell it days after buying it?!? WHAAAAAA??? :D
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#42 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Why would you buy a console for just one game, idiot.

#43 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

I cancelled my preorder just for this reason. No one here will agree with you, all you are going to hear is "Wow, you sold it, you'll regret it.", but I understand exactly why, just like you the only reason I bought my 3DS is for Animal Crossing, where is it? Oh yeah, 2 years about and still nothing. Wii U at this point is a waste, I'd rather wait to MAYBE get it later once solid games come out.

Nah I think most people here don't understand why he bought it in the first place or why he would post it here.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#44 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

I cancelled my preorder just for this reason. No one here will agree with you, all you are going to hear is "Wow, you sold it, you'll regret it.", but I understand exactly why, just like you the only reason I bought my 3DS is for Animal Crossing, where is it? Oh yeah, 2 years about and still nothing. Wii U at this point is a waste, I'd rather wait to MAYBE get it later once solid games come out.

There are solid games now. Whether you like them or not is a different matter. If there is nothing you like then its your choice to cancel but saying there are no solid games is just ridiculous.

#45 Adders

Adders

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Why would you buy a console for just one game, idiot.

because at the time there is only one game that apealed to him, He did say that as more game come out for the system he might get them as well ?

#46 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

In the posters deffense he can always buy the wii u again later on when theres more games there pretty easy to get consoles cause nintendo is doing a great job keeping up with the supply.
Posted Image

#47 hubang

hubang

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image
Nintendo Network ID: hubang

#48 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

In the posters deffense he can always buy the wii u again later on when theres more games there pretty easy to get consoles cause nintendo is doing a great job keeping up with the supply.

I don't think that's the point.

#49 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

No whining here, just stating why I got it and why I'm selling it. I got to play Zombie U, Nintendo Land and play with Miiverse and all the console features over the course of a week for a measly £20 loss. Absolutely no big deal at all so why not get it just for one game, as you say? :)

I just... don't understand why you'd go ahead and let yourself have a £20 loss, when you can have it collect dust and not lose anything. :/ I don't get your "Why let it collect dust?" argument when it's obviously the better option compared to losing money when you buy it again. Unless you're planning on waiting however long until the first Wii U bundle with a £20+ game you happen to like pops up... Because the price probably won't go down for at least 3 years, judging by the Wii. Plus the fact that they're losing money already making them reluctant to drop the price even if the sales are slower than Wii's. Not that I see slow sales happening considering the good games coming out Q1-Q2 next year... (IMO anyways, cause Aliens and Pikmin's cool.)

At least you make sense lol. It's best to just wait it out and see if the games or price drop comes first if you don't like what you see at launch and the near future. That way you don't lose money and you don't feel like you wasted $300 on a console.
Posted Image

#50 Heffir

Heffir

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

There are solid games now. Whether you like them or not is a different matter. If there is nothing you like then its your choice to cancel but saying there are no solid games is just ridiculous.

The only game that looks worth it to me at this point is ZombiU.
I'm getting tired of these New Super Mario Bros games, whether anyone agrees or not, they are all the same thing. And not nearly as good as the original ones. That's just my opinion. I'll wait for a new Mario or Zelda game. Or maybe Pokemon/Animal Crossing. Haha. Or for a price reduction.... Who knows, I know it has potential, just to me it isn't worth it right now.
$150 down, $200 to go. #DeluxeWiiU

#51 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

While I do not understand the need to post about it here, I think its fair enough to sell the console if the poster is only going to lose £20.

Renting a Wii U with ZombiU for £20 is very good value.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#52 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

You KNEW there are barely games yet so why buy it in the first place man. Ugh.
No sig.

#53 Nightbane30

Nightbane30

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • NNID:Nightbane30
  • Fandom:
    KINGDOM HEARTS!!!!!! RPG LOVER, ANIME

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

How-how could you?!?
Posted Image

I am me! Nobody else!
I also have an account on 3DSForums.com and my username is the same there.

#54 Triggy1987

Triggy1987

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

How do you think I feel as a 360 owner :P GOW, HALO, FORZA, DR and Fable.. rinse and repeat throughout 7 years. I don't think the Wii U launch is that bad, you've got Nintendo Land, Mario U, Zombie U, along with some great 3rd party games.

@alan666 Why else would you buy a console? I bought my PS3 mainly because of Socom, I played that for a good year. I also originally got a 360 just because of GOW.

Edited by Triggy1987, 06 December 2012 - 05:40 PM.

Over 9k subs, Youtube channel: http://tinyurl.com/c3cvsep

#55 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

I am feeling a little disappointed in the Wii U myself and considering selling it. It was overhyped, just like the Wii.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#56 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

How do you think I feel as a 360 owner :P GOW, HALO, FORZA, DR and Fable.. rinse and repeat throughout 7 years. I don't think the Wii U launch is that bad, you've got Nintendo Land, Mario U, Zombie U, along with some great 3rd party games.

@alan666 Why else would you buy a console? I bought my PS3 mainly because of Socom, I played that for a good year. I also originally got a 360 just because of GOW.

How does two Fable games and three Forza games suddenly become "rince and repeat for 7 years"?

Forza Horizon doesn't count. its a completely different kind of game.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 06 December 2012 - 08:07 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#57 Triggy1987

Triggy1987

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

How does two Fable games and three Forza games suddenly become "rince and repeat for 7 years"?

Forza Horizon doesn't count. its a completely different kind of game.

I'm just saying, it got boring for me. It's still FORZA even if it is "open world". Oh and don't forget about the three Fable spin off games (Fable Journey for Kinect, Fable Heroes and pub games).

I'm not saying the games were bad, I was just looking forward to some new IP'S maybe, it has been 7 years.

Edited by Triggy1987, 06 December 2012 - 08:30 PM.

Over 9k subs, Youtube channel: http://tinyurl.com/c3cvsep

#58 suzuki650

suzuki650

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

I just... don't understand why you'd go ahead and let yourself have a £20 loss, when you can have it collect dust and not lose anything. :/ I don't get your "Why let it collect dust?" argument when it's obviously the better option compared to losing money when you buy it again. Unless you're planning on waiting however long until the first Wii U bundle with a £20+ game you happen to like pops up... Because the price probably won't go down for at least 3 years, judging by the Wii. Plus the fact that they're losing money already making them reluctant to drop the price even if the sales are slower than Wii's. Not that I see slow sales happening considering the good games coming out Q1-Q2 next year... (IMO anyways, cause Aliens and Pikmin's cool.)

At least you make sense lol. It's best to just wait it out and see if the games or price drop comes first if you don't like what you see at launch and the near future. That way you don't lose money and you don't feel like you wasted $300 on a console.

Like I said, I haven't really lost anything, I've got to play several games to completion and play with the consoles features. Think of it as paying just £20 to rent it for a week.It's really no biggy. People will happily blow that on a few drinks down the pub for one night.

It was nothing to do with a lack of games or being dumb and not 'researching' before buying. I'm 42, been buying consoles at launch for years now, this is actually the only one I will be selling soon after having my wicked way with it, hehe. Seriously though, the thing is so slow that I don't want to touch it again until all that is sorted out, if they ever can. It makes the PS3 downloads and installs seem like lightning speed.

While I do not understand the need to post about it here, I think its fair enough to sell the console if the poster is only going to lose £20.

Renting a Wii U with ZombiU for £20 is very good value.

Exactly, thank you.

Edited by suzuki650, 07 December 2012 - 01:31 AM.

#59 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

Why are you guys trying to defend Nintendo and it's almost like you're mad at him for selling his Wii U, he's right, 2D Mario sure as hell doesn't cut it for a whole new console, and the third party games are mostly on par or worse than the 360/PS3 counterparts, let him buy one in the future if he is interested in new games coming out.

#60 suzuki650

suzuki650

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

Why are you guys trying to defend Nintendo and it's almost like you're mad at him for selling his Wii U, he's right, 2D Mario sure as hell doesn't cut it for a whole new console, and the third party games are mostly on par or worse than the 360/PS3 counterparts, let him buy one in the future if he is interested in new games coming out.

Well, they've rushed it out for Christmas haven't they (day one system update of 1Gb then another one of 625mb not long after says it all) and they want (need) a good head starts on Microsoft and Sony's new consoles.

Edited by suzuki650, 07 December 2012 - 02:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!