• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#81 Paz

Paz

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

Now that didn't take long did it? 3rd Wii U on Wednesday (1st one was faulty).

2 things I missed - ZombiU and MiiVerse. Fact that it was £85 cheaper wasn't too bad either.

Now, where's that Pkimin 3 I was hankering for...

Edited by Paz, 31 December 2012 - 08:18 PM.

#82 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

you confused me, I am not reading all posts though.. you bought it again?

#83 rjgreen33

rjgreen33

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

you should have probably waited for more than the single month of release... it seems you are too impatient .

#84 RJMacReady

RJMacReady

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

You missed Zombie U? How, what why? That's been one of the most hyped games for the system. One game was enough for you to buy the system again now? Why sell it in the first place if one game is enough to make it worth buying?

#85 DannyDirnt

DannyDirnt

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon, Mario, Rayman and Green Day

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

I see no excuse for selling a console one damn month after its release. It's just nonsensical.

#86 susanmary428

susanmary428

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

Through 4 pages of this thread, I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you tried the console, weren't completely happy, and sold it. Although not something I would do myself, to each his/her own. Now that I see you've bought it again less than a month after you sold it, and with no other "AAA game" releases in the interim, I think you're just one of those people who can't make a decision and has money to throw around.

For the record, my personal opinion is that the Wii U is an excellent system and has great potential as bugs get worked out and more features are added. The game selection at launch is strong, and promises to get even better as Nintendo's legacy games start rolling out, and third party developers jump on board, as many already have. As another gamer and Nintendo fan for 25+ years, I consider myself an early adopter. That means having patience and being in it for the long haul. We are the ones that create the experience and bring others into the fold.

That said, I'm glad you realized what you were missing after it was gone, and came back for another try.
Playing Nintendo for 25 years...playing Nintendo for 50 more! @rainbow_spark

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4860-6744 / Nintendo Network ID: suzy_jose

#87 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

Can I get your wallet?

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#88 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

This guy buys and sells Wii Us like stock!

Waaaiiit a minute... :o

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#89 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

This guy buys and sells Wii Us like stock!

Waaaiiit a minute... :o

OP is a store confirmed.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#90 IrishNurse

IrishNurse

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

I love my Wii u. Before buying a console, I always check out the games first because I won't buy a system if there isn't at least a couple that I like. I can also play my older games so I'm not restricted to the new ones. I also love miiverse and being able to do screenshots when I need help or showing off progress. I also love the game pad itself which is why I originally didn't want the console, but playing with it at Best Buy helped.

Depending in where you got it, you probably could've returned it for a full refund. Either way - I can tell you did not look into the games that would be released on the Wii u on launch day and the ones coming soon. Any gamer knows that there are only a few games released at launch which makes sense. You don't want a dozen games released if the system flops not that Nintendo really has that problem.

Would you return a phone for the lack of accessories? Not quite the same thing, but any smart buyer researches before purchasing such an expensive item. It's called being an educated buyer rather than jumping in feet first.

In 3 weeks or so - mine froze once. The update took less than an hour thanks to my Internet. I was aware of the lack of games, but I know there will be more later. Like others have said, most people who buy Nintendo products at launch are in it for the long haul. Buying another system a couple of weeks later shows that you did not do as much as research as you claimed. I knew about Zombie U, but decided against it. Honestly, I wanted epic mickey 2 for the Wii U though I ended up with 3 games total. My Wii U came with Nintendoland. I agree with Susanmary428.

#91 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

I think an admin needs to lock this thread. It's just becoming a trollfest

86c.gif

#92 IrishNurse

IrishNurse

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

No one's trolling lol

#93 Paz

Paz

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, can't really see any trolling at all. CookieEpic - it is a forum, opinions being expressed is normal - DO NOT hit the panic button!

Bought it again because it was almost 1/3rd cheaper. at £224.99 i the UK - original price was £299.99. Logical to get it again at that discount. I'm enjoying getting back into ZU and I'll pick up Mario Bros U within the week. My concern's are still their though - what's coming and when. Triple A's have not been the Wii's strong point and as much as Big N want to say the Wii U is aimed at the HC gamer, the proof is in the info and delivery. I, just like everybody else here - want to have great gaming experiences on it.

Not to compare the Wii U to handheld, but one of the reason I decided to sell the original was because my Vita has been gathering dust - few really good games and a dearth between quality releases - a very big disappointment. Didn't want a repeat of that, or the Wii experience for that matter.

Been great reading all the posts from Wii U Zealots - to gamer's having pretty similar opinions to myself. Let's hope the Wii U get's to be where it deserves. The only way it's going to do that is with Triple A titles.

Edited by Paz, 06 January 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#94 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Did you at least give Warriors Orochi 3 a try?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#95 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

$100 says Paz will sell his new Wii U in 3 months.

Yeah, can't really see any trolling at all. CookieEpic - it is a forum, opinions being expressed is normal - DO NOT hit the panic button!

Bought it again because it was almost 1/3rd cheaper. at £224.99 i the UK - original price was £299.99. Logical to get it again at that discount. I'm enjoying getting back into ZU and I'll pick up Mario Bros U within the week. My concern's are still their though - what's coming and when. Triple A's have not been the Wii's strong point and as much as Big N want to say the Wii U is aimed at the HC gamer, the proof is in the info and delivery. I, just like everybody else here - want to have great gaming experiences on it.

Not to compare the Wii U to handheld, but one of the reason I decided to sell the original was because my Vita has been gathering dust - few really good games and a dearth between quality releases - a very big disappointment. Didn't want a repeat of that, or the Wii experience for that matter.

Been great reading all the posts from Wii U Zealots - to gamer's having pretty similar opinions to myself. Let's hope the Wii U get's to be where it deserves. The only way it's going to do that is with Triple A titles.

The Wii U is hardcore and has AAA titles LOL. Trollfail.

Edited by Mr.Saturn, 07 January 2013 - 01:13 AM.

Signature_DK.png

#96 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

on my 2nd wii u havent sold any just returned one.I like it now bugs n all
Posted Image

#97 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

lol the wii u has prob got the BEST launch line up of any console before it! and to spend £299 on a console,sell it then pay another £224.99 on the same console a month later is CRAZY to me lol but each to his own :)

#98 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

lol the wii u has prob got the BEST launch line up of any console before it! and to spend £299 on a console,sell it then pay another £224.99 on the same console a month later is CRAZY to me lol but each to his own :)

I have to disagree. The PS Vita had a far better launch line up then the Wii U. That's not to say the Wii U doesn't have some strong games but there is very few of them and some are just direct ports.

#99 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

I have to disagree. The PS Vita had a far better launch line up then the Wii U. That's not to say the Wii U doesn't have some strong games but there is very few of them and some are just direct ports.

You must be joking..i had a vita at launch and it was crap,i sold it after 2 weeks as the games that were out were all rubbish and now there still just as bad lol the wii u has a cod at launch ffs not my favorite cod by a longshot but most people think its the best ever,then it has a mario,assassins creed 3 which is the best in the series,has sonic racing for the racing side which is surprisingly good.

The vitas launch was terrible mate and the games on it now are still just as bad,little big planet is the only worthy game on the vita.

Thats my take on it :)

Edited by syks-1, 07 January 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#100 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Waiting till that Monolith Soft game comes out eh? When it does just be careful that that game doesn't make all the consoles sell out ;P

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!