• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

How can nintendo be in trouble lol didnt the wii outsell the other consoles put together? i thought nintendo made alot of money on the wii? and the 3ds is doing better than the vita,i had a vita and traded it in after 3 weeks,still got my 3ds :)

I wouldnt worry too much,nintendo aint going anywhere

#22 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Iwata just attributed meteoric sales of animal crossing new leaf and huge attach rate to 3ds hardware with 'casual females age 16-24' "without a doubt" to smart phone and tablet devices.

Reaffirms Nintendos strategy to use the massive install bases of smart devices to capture mindshare and drive sales. (ie miiverse going to smart phones)

http://www.nikkei.co...V00C13A1000000/

"At that point, the core members of the Animal Crossing team used this reflection as a spring board, saying 'Let's make the next game one that our customers can really enjoy'. I would go so far to say that I honestly felt a tenacity from the nuclear members of the development team. This time, there are many features inserted that make you say 'You can do this thing?' and 'It goes that far?'. In addition, to add an example, the ability we added to create furniture with interesting designs and share it through various means, coupled with our customers' creativity created an amplification of sorts. It was really interesting. What really helped to spread this around was social media, and smart phones. What really sold Animal Crossing to women this time was, without question, smart phones."

Because you can take screenshots anywhere during the game, people are uploading the shots to social media and say 'Hey, look what I did' and everyone gets excited. For example, there are plenty of people who have tried and enjoyed the game after seeing people they follow on Twitter talk about it fondly, then developing their own interest and trying it out for themselves."

"We deliver videos called Nintendo Directs to explain about our strengths via video sites, and the Introduction to Animal Crossing video has received 1.6 million hits on Youtube. What's more is that over half of those views have taken place from smart devices.
The game became a topic on social networks, then people would say 'Watch this and you'll understand' and people go 'Well, that's cool' and bought it."

In related news, idiot journalists and idiot mobile devs looking to push idiot propaganda continue to look like idiots.

Edited by 3Dude, 06 January 2013 - 08:42 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#23 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

How can nintendo be in trouble lol didnt the wii outsell the other consoles put together? i thought nintendo made alot of money on the wii? and the 3ds is doing better than the vita,i had a vita and traded it in after 3 weeks,still got my 3ds :)

I wouldnt worry too much,nintendo aint going anywhere

Agree. If anyone ends up in hot water its going to be Sony.

Signature_DK.png

#24 albatross

albatross

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

If the Wii U was going to be a massive success then it would have sold better at Christmas, it is a new Nintendo console, had no direct competitors and as such should have had them queueing around the block - it didn't.

I think the mistake they have made is the Wii pad, it makes the machine two expensive and adds very little in terms of gameplay, in fact on most of the games I have seen it ruins the multplayer potential of the console - only one person can have the Wii pad and playing solo on the screen will mean the family is just not required leaving the player isolated.

Nintendo had to try something different and it looks as though they run out of ideas, the software feels rushed, especially the mess which is the OS - is there any reason for it to be so abysmally slow?

We enjoy the Wii U as a family but we are massive Nintendo fans so are easy meat marketing wise, the rest of the population will be a hard sell - when I mention to friends, colleagues and family that we have a Wii U most of them say - whats that then?

#25 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

when I mention to friends, colleagues and family that we have a Wii U most of them say - whats that then?

I do agree that MOST people(well defo here in the uk) dont even know what a wii u is lol ive heard people while ive been in game say"i want the new controller for the wii" people actually think its just a new pad for the wii or some sort of add on for the wii.

Nintendos advertising has been TERRIBLE and when they do show the odd advert they show mario which is 2d and looks the exact same as the wii but sharper..nintendo need to plug the wii u as a next gen console so people know what its all about.

#26 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

Nintendo is being doomed since the NES era, i mean.. my impression it's that many people wants this

#27 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

its just another mario and zelda console, dissapointed!

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#28 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

But Nintendo consoles are most about Nintendo franchises

#29 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

nintendo has a wierd advertising program. i dont expect much until they have more to show off for E3, early impressions are they are holding back a bunch of 'holy carp' moments and games, shortly followed by 'thats the nintendo version?' and spread similar fasions, as opposed to direct advertising, which doesnt convince the core audiance they want. thats my guess but i can come up with logic like that for almost every decesion/action.

#30 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

I don't think Nintendo games will be as good if they were third party. Sure the hardware would be more capable, but Nintendo makes their hardware for themselves. That's why games like Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Metroid Prime 3 look juet as good as some 360 games.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

HA HA HA HA!!!!! HA HA!!!! HA HA HA!!!!!

Suck it not good mobile devs, suck it long, and suck it hard.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

I really have no idea why Sony seems to be immune to these doom and gloom articles. I don't think anyone has mentioned Sony's reliance on their entertainment division. This is the same entertainment division that covered up huge losses on the PS3 when it launched. Well that division is tanking right now, and the Vita is bleeding like a stuck pig. The other thing is that I don't get all these people that say that the PS4 will be some kind of power house. Sony simply cannot afford to give every console away at a loss for the first few years this time around.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!