#41 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

I hope theres customization. I'm sorry guys but these main characters are BUTT ugly! Hopefully future artwork will show otherwise.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#42 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

I think that the theme will be DNA, hence the names. Look at the Japanese logo for the games:

Spoiler

Do you see the multi-colored DNA thing? Also, take a look at X version's mascot.

Spoiler

The antlers have the same color as the DNA thingy in the Japanese logo. Could this be related to a DNA theme, or am I just crazy? (Really badass Pokemon BTW.)

There's another theory that I won't take credit for, but it's that the titles are referring to the X and Y axis.

I think that this theory is likely, probably even more likely than my DNA theory.

The male character looks weird. Maybe it's the face, but he just looks unusual to me. Did anyone notice how out of place the sunglasses on his head look?

Spoiler

Does this point to character customization? I hope so. I want to change that hairstyle. ( :P) I think that the mirror also leads us to believe there will be customization, it only makes sense.

Besides the male character, I have no other major complaints. I can't wait to get both of these games! My main game will be X, and I'll pick Froakie as my starter! (I don't know what I'll pick in Y.)

EDIT: Upon looking at screenshots from the trailer, I think I have gathered even more evidence on character customization. Take a look at these two pictures, and pay attention to the hat the female protagonist is wearing.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Do you see it? In the first picture, the girl has no sunglasses on her hat. But when you look at the second picture, she is wearing them. (We can also see in the second picture the gym symbol from Black and White returns.)

Detective Blake is on the case

#43 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Detective Blake is on the case

YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!

#44 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

I really cannot wait for more information on this! The 3DS will now feel like a full Nintendo console. And by that I mean I love the 3DS but every time a Pokemon game comes out for a Nintendo handheld I just think it makes the console a full console. This will be great!

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#45 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

I don't like the mascots... :/

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#46 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

OMFG THIS LOOK SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
I am saving my damn b-day money for this definitely!
So all new 151 pokemon, right?

They all look awesome so far. Gosh fu****** 3D POKEMON GAME ON FU****** 3DS!!!!! WOOHOHOHOHOO!!!

#47 markusjayjay

markusjayjay

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Caaaaant wait !!!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nintendo Network ID: markusjayjay

#48 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

This has majorly pissed me off. Surely Nintendo would want to focus on the WIIU?! I mean come on, I was expecting the new Pokemon to be on the Wiiu. Jesus christ.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! Just... NOOOOOOOOOOO. Pokemon is handheld and will always be that way. ALWAYS!!!!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#49 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! Just... NOOOOOOOOOOO. Pokemon is handheld and will always be that way. ALWAYS!!!!

lool meltdown.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#50 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Game looks awesome! The new pokemon... not so much.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#51 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

My body is Reggie

Posted Image

#52 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

I think that the theme will be DNA, hence the names. Look at the Japanese logo for the games:

Spoiler

Do you see the multi-colored DNA thing? Also, take a look at X version's mascot.

Spoiler

The antlers have the same color as the DNA thingy in the Japanese logo. Could this be related to a DNA theme, or am I just crazy? (Really badass Pokemon BTW.)

If the theme is DNA, then does that mean we will be able to genetically modify and cross pokemon, thus making Venustoise a reality?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#53 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

• In addition to existing Pokemon, there will be a large number of completely new Pokemon. The additions will bring the total number of Pokemon in the franchise from the current 649 to over 700.
  • Because of Pokemon X and Y, the Pokemon anime, movies, card game, and merchandise will “break into a new dimension.”
  • People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience “Real Play.” (I’m assuming this is referring to the game’s global October release.)
  • The game will utilize the 3DS to its maximum abilities to leverage its overwhelmingly beautiful presentation.
  • The game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world.
  • The bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure.
  • Everyone will enjoy the game’s scenario and music.
http://gematsu.com/2013/01/pokemon-x-and-y-to-boost-franchise-to-over-700-pokemon?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#54 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Lol before the replies, I gotta say the design for the cervine startled me! It sort of looks like a combo of two of my characters so I was a bit shocked. xD

Crappy starter designs as expected, good legendary/mascot design

Although i hate the starters. I usually pick starters on which one looks best, but none of them is soo...

I don't like the mascots... :/

Whu-wat. I'm actually really happy about the starter design. All of them look cute even though Chespin looks a little bad, but still acceptable. (Really surprised at myself for liking the frog) Especially considering the design fail of oshawott, pretty much all 3 gen 4, and maybe even Treeko... It's nice to have all 3 look decent for once.
I just hope they don't pull off a manbearpig and make themselves unappealing :/

As for the mascots... My only issue is the cervine's antlers being not aesthetically pleasing to look at. The antler design is just really bad imo, but I love the rest of him. For the flying thing the only thing I sort of dislike are the veins, although its body is sort of weird I admit.

I'm going with Chespin out of the starters, the others look kinda odd.

Totally going with Chespin...no clue which version yet, need more details :/

Well this is surprising. xD But I guess it's good to have some people who like Chespin or else it'll be dominated by the fox.

I hope theres customization. I'm sorry guys but these main characters are BUTT ugly! Hopefully future artwork will show otherwise.

Wat. I was actually relieved that the main characters looked normal and didn't have their hair through a hat or were wearing suspenders or anything lol.
Posted Image

#55 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

• In addition to existing Pokemon, there will be a large number of completely new Pokemon. The additions will bring the total number of Pokemon in the franchise from the current 649 to over 700.
  • Because of Pokemon X and Y, the Pokemon anime, movies, card game, and merchandise will “break into a new dimension.”
  • People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience “Real Play.” (I’m assuming this is referring to the game’s global October release.)
  • The game will utilize the 3DS to its maximum abilities to leverage its overwhelmingly beautiful presentation.
  • The game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world.
  • The bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure.
  • Everyone will enjoy the game’s scenario and music.
http://gematsu.com/2013/01/pokemon-x-and-y-to-boost-franchise-to-over-700-pokemon?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Sounds like a fairly big change. I really do hope they tweak the graphics a bit.. it looks like DS 1.5. It should look better than Colosseum which it doesn't.

I hope the "new communicating system" will be something that's still cool in 2013 and not somerhing that was acceptable 5 years ago (this is Nintendo we're talking about).
No sig.

#56 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

Looks about right for 3DS screenshots to me. They tend to look worse than while actually playing for some reason. Must be the lack of AA. >>
Posted Image

#57 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

^Yeah, happens a lot to me. Games usually turn out looking better. But still there's an obvious blandness that AA can't solve. Textures are boring too. But this is only Beta/first footage. Far from final.
No sig.

#58 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

It looks worse because 3DS screenshots have 3D effects to take into account, something that your average computer screen is unlikely to pull off.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#59 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

It looks worse because 3DS screenshots have 3D effects to take into account, something that your average computer screen is unlikely to pull off.

Also the Screenshot is enlarged.

Xerneas is the name of the deer and Yveltal is name of the bird.

Source:Serebii

#60 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Also the Screenshot is enlarged.

Xerneas is the name of the deer and Yveltal is name of the bird.

Source:Serebii

Damnit Zin, you beat me to it.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!