#21 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

I guess it's to make it seem worth more buying on eShop?

Yeah that was my point, I don't get why they want to make us buy the games on the eShop. Anyway, it's Nintendo, they're pros, they should know what they're doing.
Posted Image

#22 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Yeah that was my point, I don't get why they want to make us buy the games on the eShop. Anyway, it's Nintendo, they're pros, they should know what they're doing.

If they did they would better online servers... AC3 online crashes a lot and miiverse is so kiddy THAT I got a notification saying I said "bad words" I called someone an idiot...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#23 Leigh_u69

Leigh_u69

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Download are good ie no dice etc etc but they need too be cheaper.... End off

#24 Eggplante!

Eggplante!

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

The biggest thing I'm upset about with digital-only is going to be the lack of collector's edition content. I mean, sure you might pay extra for DLC or a season's pass or something, but what about that cool journal from the game, or statuette, or even that gold Wii Remote? Gone :(

Eggplante!com
video games, music, movies, concerts, photography
…and more!

#25 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

3. You can pick your region so that you pay less tax. For example I live in B.C. & usually pay 12% tax, by selecting the neighboring Alberta I was able to only pay 5% tax.

I've been tempted to do that, but isn't that illegal? i would like to know why i pay tax with nintendo but not sony.

Anyhow, i actually prefer download, but now and days I've gotten away with needing to have a shelf collection of games. I like the ease of access via download, but i also like being able to trade in the games when I'm done. For this reason, i welcome the day games become all digital, so i can eliminate wanting to trade in games.

#26 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

I've been tempted to do that, but isn't that illegal? i would like to know why i pay tax with nintendo but not sony.

Anyhow, i actually prefer download, but now and days I've gotten away with needing to have a shelf collection of games. I like the ease of access via download, but i also like being able to trade in the games when I'm done. For this reason, i welcome the day games become all digital, so i can eliminate wanting to trade in games.

It probably is illegal & I normally wouldn't have done it, but when I bought my wiiu points card they charged me 12% tax for it. I didn't want to have to pray full tax twice so I changed my region. I still payed 17% tax though when I should've only payed 12%. So if the law wants to get on my case they can suck beans.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#27 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

It probably is illegal & I normally wouldn't have done it, but when I bought my wiiu points card they charged me 12% tax for it. I didn't want to have to pray full tax twice so I changed my region. I still payed 17% tax though when I should've only payed 12%. So if the law wants to get on my case they can suck beans.

lol hilarious, but i see your point

#28 Coggit

Coggit

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

I will nearly always buy retail for the following reasons:
  • ALWAYS cheaper. - Okay, so since I got the premium, I get 10% back, but ZombiU, for example, is currently £35 in GAME and £49.99 on the eShop. So even with the 10%, it isn't worth it.
  • You can return the game - so, I enjoy playing through Darksiders 2 at the moment. However, it's not a game that has a lot of replay value in my opinion, therefore when I've finished it, I will be able to sell it on for £20-25, something you are unable to do with games bought from the eShop.
  • I like having boxes :D

#29 Eggplante!

Eggplante!

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Not sure what you mean here since Wii U games that you buy online are not bought with points. Also, if you are talking about Wii games you buy for points, you don't pay tax twice since you pay in points, so if a game is 800 points, you pay 800 points, not 800 *1.12 or whatever your tax rate is. You would have paid tax on the 2000 points you bought, for example, but not twice.

Eggplante!com
…and more!

#30 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

Not sure what you mean here since Wii U games that you buy online are not bought with points. Also, if you are talking about Wii games you buy for points, you don't pay tax twice since you pay in points, so if a game is 800 points, you pay 800 points, not 800 *1.12 or whatever your tax rate is. You would have paid tax on the 2000 points you bought, for example, but not twice.

Quite right. it wasn't a points card. It was $60 worth on the eshop, which they charged me tax for. I found out they weren't supposed to though & yesterday they gave me my money back for it.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#31 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

I never sell back my games, so I don't have a problem with digital. If the games are huge, like Smash Bros though, I go retail. Another thing, people say that you don't own the game when you go digital, but you only own a license to play it. Is the company going to take it back from you or something?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#32 Malazan777

Malazan777

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Retail for me mainly because of price and lack of space on hard drives. What's the score with the wii u crappy hard drive size anyway?
When it comes to trade ins I'm not overly bothered as I've discovered recently the shop Game offer rubbish price on wii u games, offered me under £20 for epic mickey 2 even though it's £49.99 new in their shop.
ID - Malazan777
Guns don't kill people, Zombies do!!!!

#33 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

I never sell back my games, so I don't have a problem with digital. If the games are huge, like Smash Bros though, I go retail. Another thing, people say that you don't own the game when you go digital, but you only own a license to play it. Is the company going to take it back from you or something?

The same applies to physical retail games and not just digital games.

#34 Eggplante!

Eggplante!

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

They're not going to take it back from you or anything, but the argument is being made about whether or not you will always have access to that game. Let's say Nintendo goes bankrupt or decides to stop offering certain games on its online store. (Get around the fact that those things probably won't happen, but we've seen worse and weirder things happen). If you have paid for a game and are granted a license to use it but Nintendo no longer offers it, you can't redownload it, which means you've effectively lost the money you've paid for it. The same thing would not happen with a physical copy unless it requires a constant internet connection to servers to verify its authenticity, though game companies are moving away from that now anyway.

The same applies to physical retail games and not just digital games.

That's actually not true. No, you don't own the physical assets of course, or every gamer would have a 0.00001% ownership of Modern Warfare 3 or Super Smash Bros. or any other game. But you do own an always playable copy of the game that cost you probably the same price as a digital copy would have.

Eggplante!com
…and more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!