Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

We all have stories about our gaming lives and so do I. I never really took a good look at the big picture but my wife send me to clean up the loft and so I found my little old timecapsule. I made some photo's. I hope you like it.

Lets start out by saying that I regretfully sold my Sega Genesis, Atari, Collecovision, PSP and Commodores. So I won’t go in detail about those systems.

Posted Image
Age 8 - 12 (NES/GAMEBOY)
When I was just old enough to collect some money I went to the gameshop and bought a brandnew Nintendo 8 Bit with Duck Hunt and Mario. In that time I never read gamemagazines (for as far as we got those in The Netherlands) and I had to judge the games only by their covers. Without a doubt I bought Zelda1...not really knowing what to expect..I never ever heard of the title but it had a Sword and a Shield on the cover so....

Not long after that my Zelda addiction was a fact. My little brother and I spend whole nights (without our parents knowing) figuring out the mazes and dungeons of Zelda....and I can really say that those events kickstarted a longlife affection with gaming.

Other special titles: Megaman, Ghost and Goblins, Mariogames, Link,

Posted Image
Age 12-15 (GBP/GBA/SNES)
Aside from the ‘Standard’ Nintendo titles the Secret of Mana really grabbed my attention. On the gameboy I played a lot of Mystic Quest and Links’ Awakening. I didn’t have too much money to spend but titles like Donkey Kong Country, Killer Instinct, Probotecor, Mickey’s Illusion, Streetfighter and of course Mario, FzeroX and Zelda were the ones to grab.

The Gameboy Pocket, Color and Advance
In special order, the games I remind the most are Mario Land, Pokemon Red, Ogre Battle.

Posted Image
Age 15-19 (N64)
When I was around 14-16 my attention for consoles slipped away and I started to play more and more PC games. A good friend of mine introduced me to the Arcades, Playstation and later the Nintendo64. We had to wait soooo long before it finally arrived but when it finally was there we played the hell out of Mario and DiddyKongRacing.
We were eagerly awaiting the arrival of GoldenEye and Banjo, and when they arrived my longlife fanboy’ism for Rare was a fact. Both me and my friend were creative types and we dreamed of once working in Twycross.

The title we anticipated most was ofcourse Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. The internet was just arriving and we had to wait 30 minutes to watch a 15second video of some early Zelda conceptart. Mostly we had to wait for magazine that arrived once a month. Not having too much money meant that we visited a lot of kiosk’s to sneaky look into the mags for the most recent news.

Posted Image
Age 19-27 (Playstation Era)
I received a free Gamecube because I created some TV Episodes about games in which I had to use Gamecube games. Mostly I played on Playstation, the games that were really awesome for that time in my life. GTA3, Granturismo 3 and 4, Maximo (which would be an awesome WiiU title), TimeSplitters and Final Fantasy. Yet, Windwaker, Resident Evil 4, SSX and Double Dash were classics on their own. A very special title, not that good though, was StarFox Dinosaur Planet. Since it was Rare’s last title for Nintendo as Second Party. My brother bought a Dreamcast, which was a blast and we played many many multiplayergames on that!
Posted Image

Posted Image
Age 27-32 (Xbox360, Wii and DS)
And the rumble continued. Gears of War, Halo, Mass Effect, Forza and Bioshock, they really rocked. On the Wii side I played a lot of Mario-titles and Zack&Wiki but not much else. Nothing really too innovative for the DS though. I started a Rare fansite, did a lot of design for Xboxforums and so on. My fanmovies of Banjo reached Rare and I won some prizes with that and I had to send my CV(resume) which was a highlight for me!

https://www.youtube....h?v=KyyHoQCVLkY

Posted Image

Posted Image

Age 32-Now (WiiU / 3DS)
In the age of 360 I became father and my kids grew up with videogames from the start :)
I became a bit bored with the titles on the 360 (only looking out for the new Bioshock) and the WiiU grabbed my attention. Not only for me this time but for the whole family. My son, now 4 can still play his Skylanders and we have lots of fun with Mario, Sonic and Nintendoland. I’m sure a new Zelda, Mario, Fzero and Metroid will entertain papa for the next couple of years :)

What is your story?

Edited by Lupaie, 18 January 2013 - 03:56 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#2 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

This is really cool. My collection is probably similar except no kids etc yet.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

Sweet baby jesus.........................................

#4 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

haha, pretty proud of it. Don't you guys want to show off some special parts of your collection. I wouls surely enjoy it.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#5 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

That's an impressive collection you have there! My collection is: two GBA's, 1 DS, 1 Wii, 1 Wii U, (broken) PS3, PSP, and a computer that's really not great for gaming... I guess you could say that I was born into the age of graphic whore COD fanboys (13 years old), but I am proud to not be one of them :D (I favor Nintendo consoles).

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#6 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Ernitis
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

Well, my mom had the NES and she played alot of Super Mario Bros. on it. Later when I was in my moms stomach, my mom and my sister played the PS1 and they really liked it. I played it too, but i don't remeber much from it (as that I mean I can't remember a thing). Later, when I was in 1st grade, my mom bought me the PS2, because the PS1 bricked. I had 4 games and i was hooked. Shreks superslam, Asterix at the olimpic games, Tarzan:Freeride, Sky surfer, LOVED THOSE! Everyone in class had a PSP, so I asked for one too and I got one when my Mom came from a trip. Then when i was 10-11 I wasn't into conesoles, but one christmas i got the Wii. I wasn't exited at first but when my mom said its better than my friends Wii i was SO happy...:D. I got into Nintendo, but a year later I got my Wii, They announced the Wii U, so I bought it for a high price and then later i found this post and started writing my gaming cicle here! :D

Hello! My name is Kao and I am a Kangaroo! If you can see my kicking picture there, you can see me riding one of mine friends! I am quite popular in the area because I saved alot of animals turning in to women accsesories. It was quite painfull on the way, but I liked the experience! I plan on buying a plane with all my money I got and going on an adventure on the isles. My first adventure was when that Mcguffin Hunter cought me, but I escaped, and I don't want to let any animal in pain! What's your story, mate?

-Kao the kangaroo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NES, SNES, GAMECUBE, Wii, 3ds, ds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!