• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 cryscharmander

cryscharmander

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

I'm from Brazil and in one of my father travels to atlanta he bought me a wii u as my birthdate gift. When i was instaling I guess i did everything pretty right cause i was following wii u manual instructions, but after i updated and migrate my old wii data i had to turn it off, but after that the gamepad couldn't turn on or even charge it.So i went on google and a guy from nintendo forums said to take off the battery and put it on again, and thats what i did, but nothing happened.Today i sent an e-mail to nintedo support latin america and i ,if they could not help you are my only hope.
Sorry for my bad english, as you can see i'm from Brazil

#2 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

If I am reading what you're saying correctly, then it sounds as if you have a bad battery. Did you charge the gamepad battery fully before the first use? (Always a good idea to do for battery life). Best bet would be returning (Unless you have digital content), repair via Nintendo (Which sounds like you can't. As it is considered an import by your regions Nintendo branch correct?), or possibly purchasing a new battery for the gamepad online. Maybe someone whom stripped the system down or replacement batteries are available. Not exactly sure as I have not looked for them, but it could be an alternative to sending it in or scrapping it.

#3 cryscharmander

cryscharmander

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

If I am reading what you're saying correctly, then it sounds as if you have a bad battery. Did you charge the gamepad battery fully before the first use? (Always a good idea to do for battery life). Best bet would be returning (Unless you have digital content), repair via Nintendo (Which sounds like you can't. As it is considered an import by your regions Nintendo branch correct?), or possibly purchasing a new battery for the gamepad online. Maybe someone whom stripped the system down or replacement batteries are available. Not exactly sure as I have not looked for them, but it could be an alternative to sending it in or scrapping it.

]
i'm sure i did charge it, so the solution is to buy a new battery as nintendo really doesn't cover my warranty here.i've googled it for about one hour and haven't found it yet so...i'll have to wait nintendo put them on their store.Anyway thanks bro.

#4 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

i'm sure i did charge it, so the solution is to buy a new battery as nintendo really doesn't cover my warranty here.i've googled it for about one hour and haven't found it yet so...i'll have to wait nintendo put them on their store.Anyway thanks bro.

You mean the controllers or batteries? Because you would need to buy the same regions controller as the consoles region. As they are region locked. If we are talking batteries I am not sure if Nintendo will put it up directly on there end to sell, but hopefully. If not there is the possible eBay or whatever means of obtaining a battery down the line most likely. Maybe even larger capacity batteries further down the consoles life span.

#5 cryscharmander

cryscharmander

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

You mean the controllers or batteries? Because you would need to buy the same regions controller as the consoles region. As they are region locked. If we are talking batteries I am not sure if Nintendo will put it up directly on there end to sell, but hopefully. If not there is the possible eBay or whatever means of obtaining a battery down the line most likely. Maybe even larger capacity batteries further down the consoles life span.

I mean the battery. and i found a nice one in the net but i'll have to wait tomy fother to travel again to get it.

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

What awful luck.

I hope its just the battery. I would think it should still turn on if plugged in to the ac adaptor if it was the battery.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 cryscharmander

cryscharmander

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

What awful luck.

I hope its just the battery. I would think it should still turn on if plugged in to the ac adaptor if it was the battery.

Really?I didn't know that it could turn on on ac adaper, could someone test for me?

#8 johnodd4

johnodd4

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

you can i would make sure it isn't the game pad first also this is why when you purchase a import system you make sure you are aware you are on your own

#9 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

change language setting to suit ur language, under system settings

#10 johnodd4

johnodd4

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:48 AM

you can suit your speaking toung quite well on the wii u but remember its region locked 

#11 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:53 AM

ive seen this problem before

its not the battery... something with system update i think... make sure before u spend money in battery

If its the battery, then you should be able to play while the controller is connected with the power cord... because it has the ability to charge and play at the same time...

more like laptops and mobile devices... if the battery is empty and they are connected to ac adaptor, they are fully functional.  (its an old topic though, I hope the guy fixed it)

Edited by Plutonas, 19 March 2013 - 04:58 AM.

#12 cryscharmander

cryscharmander

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

ive seen this problem before

its not the battery... something with system update i think... make sure before u spend money in battery

If its the battery, then you should be able to play while the controller is connected with the power cord... because it has the ability to charge and play at the same time...

more like laptops and mobile devices... if the battery is empty and they are connected to ac adaptor, they are fully functional.  (its an old topic though, I hope the guy fixed it)

yes, its not the battery I think i fixed it.You have to try turning it on, and if you do, try updating to the last version, and then "solved"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gamepad, wii u

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!