• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Dough

Dough

Green Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Traslation: I completely understand you but you have to understand one thing. This is not a decission taken by the development team, this comes from really really high up, so please don't pick on the game.

If you're pissed, imagine how we feel. Think on the situation, we've been making overtime with this game practically since May preparing E3, and then almost a demo per month (gamescon, Wii U presentation, shops, eShop, etc...) and at the same time trying to actually finish the game. We had a first delay because it was obvious we couldn't finish on time but we gave it all to be there on February. What face do you think we had when the week we had to close the game we're being told it's not going to be released? I couldn't believe it.

For practical matters, you'll have to wait for some months for the game to be released and will most likely serve for more content to be added and do it better. For us, this means we've spent 6 months barely seeing our wifes, kids, and friends for nothing because, after all, such a haste wasn't needed. Believe it, it was a hell to swallow these news.

Even then I'm firm in what I said back in the day, Rayman Legends is an excellent game and will still be, and the team that's making it doesn't deserve to have your back turned on them just because some men in ties one day took a wrong choice. This industry is really that crappy

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/foros/viewtopic.php?t=2047583

I would like you so be less butthurt

#2 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

i wasnt hating on them but was disappointed. i ddnt think about it this way. they were really trying to make a strong game for nintendo too :(

#3 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

That's what really sucks about all this, the developers are being screwed hardcore and for what? To be able to release a game on consoles that are about two seconds from being replaced on the market? Really?

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Because ps360 folk sure didn't have their feelings hurt when they saw bayonetta 2.

Edited by Nollog, 07 February 2013 - 08:45 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

I think this would have something to do with the Wii U delay. http://www.edge-onli...tform-releases/

LordPickleton.png

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

I think this would have something to do with the Wii U delay. http://www.edge-onli...tform-releases/

Wow.
Those are some really bad terms. I hope they're there just to have them there and they never actually use them.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

if that had anything to do with the rayman situation.... then wow.... microsoft should just stick to making computers.

Edited by meitantei_conan, 07 February 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#8 Dough

Dough

Green Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

microsoft is butthurt because no bayonetta 2 for them

#9 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

microsoft is butthurt because no bayonetta 2 for them

I don't think an Article from 2011 has anything to do with Microsoft being butthurt about Bayonetta 2

LordPickleton.png

#10 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

"If these conditions are not met, Microsoft reserves the right to not allow the content to be released on Xbox 360."

lol rayman was going to be exclusive to wii u anyway, fu guys. i think they would be ok just releasing on ps3 and wii u. but nope. higher up are too greedy and now we all must wait bc of them and M$

#11 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

As someone once said

Publishers. PUBLISHERS.

I also can't see why Ubisoft couldn't have just been "Well suck it, no Rayman for you".

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#12 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

>Cats
nuff said.

#13 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

>Cats
nuff said.

Truer words have never been posted.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#14 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

this is why I hate microsoft

[/list]if that had anything to do with the rayman situation.... then wow.... microsoft should just stick to making computers.

you mean making operating systems and business software.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#15 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

I don't think a company as big and influencial as Ubisoft, Acti and EA will adept only because of MS ruling. They would loose their in dependancy.

Back on topic. Poor devs, I really feel sorry for them. Only losers because of this Marketing decision. The DEVS, Nintendo, The WiiU gamers, and Ubi themselves. Raymans would have sold really well because there is NOTHING else to buy between now to end March. By posponing it to September they automatically sell less.

I dare to question if the combined Xbox360, PS3 and WiiU sales in September would equal the sales of a solo WiiU release in Februari.

UNLESS: Rayman is targeted for Next gen consoles ps4 and Nexbox...then it will be a launch game..and sell loads!

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#16 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

I read more than I post here but seriously some of the fanboys need to tone it down.They (ubisoft) are a company same as any other with the aim of making as much money as possible.The idea that they would keep rayman exclusive out of what?pity?blind faith?Oh and the idea that there would be more sales from a wiiu launch now than multiplatform later is just ridiculous,150 million potential customers vs 3.5 million maybe 4?Its a pity but dont be too hard on ubi as at least their titles are still coming to the wiiu whereas ea seems to treat the console like a leper.There is waaay too much hate for ubi over this perfeclty sensible strategy from them.Its all about the money whether 1st party or third any idea otherwise is just rubbish.
Posted Image

#17 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:54 AM

I read more than I post here but seriously some of the fanboys need to tone it down.They (ubisoft) are a company same as any other with the aim of making as much money as possible.The idea that they would keep rayman exclusive out of what?pity?blind faith?Oh and the idea that there would be more sales from a wiiu launch now than multiplatform later is just ridiculous,150 million potential customers vs 3.5 million maybe 4?Its a pity but dont be too hard on ubi as at least their titles are still coming to the wiiu whereas ea seems to treat the console like a leper.There is waaay too much hate for ubi over this perfeclty sensible strategy from them.Its all about the money whether 1st party or third any idea otherwise is just rubbish.

You make sence but don't forget that Ubi made it exclusive in the first place. They are long enough active in this branche to predict sales. Yes, multiformat is better for sales but don't start over exclusive then. That is what this is about. Also, we are affected by this change because fans have to wait for nothing, the wiiu version will collect dust for another 6 months.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

I was just shocked when I read what happned, I don't hate about it, there is no point.

#19 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

Oh I agree Lupaie specifically that this shouldnt have been announced as an exclusive in the first place but it is just a cold hard numbers game unfortunately.As much as I would love to see rayman relaeased now as it is obviously ready I see that ubisoft will not like the idea of making the xbox ps versions look like they are being treated badly as it may affect sales of their other games (dont think it would but this is the mindset of big companies in a recession).I dont like it but I reckon its here to stay decision wise.I do however think that ubi are at least supporting the wiiu to a higher degree than many other devs who would be easier targets for hate (EA,Activision and rockstar?).
Posted Image

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

people need to understand the diffetence between publishers and developers.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!