Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

And my fist is a crappy missle.

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

I may agree with this depending on where he goes. Ps360 were definately crappy pc's. But before that, when consoles were just machines that played games, the game landscape was VERY different, which is why 90% of the games that appear in every greatest of all time list are always console games...

Better start reading...

Edit:

WHELP, I just read the title....

'Jimquisition: Xbox 360 and PS3 Are Just Very Crap PC'

.... I think im probably going to agree with him... lol.

Edited by 3Dude, 11 February 2013 - 03:25 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Can't watch the video right now but I assume there will be little to disagree with.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#6 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Why can't can't all the consoles, handhelds, and PCs just get along and make game babies? THAT'S WHAT THIS INDUSTRY IS ABOUT! Making games (or experiences for those named Mignaga :P) and playing them (or experiencing them, for those named Mignaga :P)!

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Huh. Maybe you guys should hear what he has to say before changing his words to villify him and ignoring whats actually been said or done.

Were the gamers, remember? That kind shallow shortsighted small minded tripe is what most 'game journalists' do, not us.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

I may agree with this depending on where he goes. Ps360 were definately crappy pc's. But before that, when consoles were just machines that played games, the game landscape was VERY different, which is why 90% of the games that appear in every greatest of all time list are always console games...

Better start reading...

Edit:

WHELP, I just read the title....

'Jimquisition: Xbox 360 and PS3 Are Just Very Crap PC'

.... I think im probably going to agree with him... lol.

Why do you judge a system by its graphic? Im not trying to be rude but im curious.

Can't watch the video right now but I assume there will be little to disagree with.

There is al ot to disagree with. Destructoid is one of the worst gaming sites you can go to. Go to GameFAQs for less biased coverage. Jim Sterling aint as bad as Pachter but he is getting worse.

Why can't can't all the consoles, handhelds, and PCs just get along and make game babies? THAT'S WHAT THIS INDUSTRY IS ABOUT! Making games (or experiences for those named Mignaga :P) and playing them (or experiencing them, for those named Mignaga :P)!

Good idea on paper but remember merges are bad news for anyone.

Signature_DK.png

#9 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

There is al ot to disagree with. Destructoid is one of the worst gaming sites you can go to. Go to GameFAQs for less biased coverage. Jim Sterling aint as bad as Pachter but he is getting worse.

Can you give me an example of something you disagree with in the video since I cannot watch it right now?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Why do you judge a system by its graphic? Im not trying to be rude but im curious.

I dont. I like computer graphics, a lot. But I certainly dont judge game systems by them. They are just tools. They are useless without the carpenter, and even with better tools, a novice can easily be bested by a master.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

PC MASTER-RACE 4 LIFEEE!1!!

PCs are problematic. Blue screens and crashes,expensive,Virus prone even with protection,not user friendly,the list goes on.

Signature_DK.png

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

I'll agree to the extent that PS3's and Xbox 360's are crappy PC's for what they are now.

Video games are irrelevant in that agreement.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

Can you give me an example of something you disagree with in the video since I cannot watch it right now?

One example is how he said PCs are more user-friendly.

Signature_DK.png

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

I'll agree to the extent that PS3's and Xbox 360's are crappy PC's for what they are now.
Video games are irrelevant in that agreement.

His point was, pc and ps360 have 99% the exact same library... and ps360 with its install times, crazy multilayered os, and everything else just try to do mostly the same things pc's do, worse, and without a long list of great exclusive games you cant experience anywhere else, instantly, conviently, like consoles before this gen (well, and wii).

So.... why own a ps360 instead of a PC?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Good idea on paper but remember merges are bad news for anyone.

I didn't mean a merge, I meant that we should stop fighting with each other about "This is better than that" and just have fun playing/making some games.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

One example is how he said PCs are more user-friendly.

In the context hes using hes very much correct.

If you are already trying to do the same kinds of things pc's are known for... like browsing the web, or using social media, trying to do it on a ps360 is a pain in the but compared to pc.

Hes saying ps360 has all the cons of a pc (made worse) and none of the pros of what consoles usually have.

Edited by 3Dude, 11 February 2013 - 04:31 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

Insults a flying.....................

#18 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

(Believe I am understanding you correctly) Well yeah, maybe when personal computers were nonexistent in the home and the size of your HDD alone was the size of your room. Yet even the earliest of personal computers had brilliant games all on those lovely huge floppy disks. Making even an Apple and early DOS games really keeping up with the consoles. Yet console games really did strive in advertisements wise even in the 90's. Yet you use to could still go in a store like Electronic Boutique & find hundreds of PC games all lined up and a small little console section as PC games were striving. Hell StarCraft & WarCraft shot up to the top without me even ever seeing a television advertisement.

PCs are problematic. Blue screens and crashes,expensive,Virus prone even with protection,not user friendly,the list goes on.

Consoles are not problematic? YLOD/RROD/DOA/et cetera for crashes, online services servers hacked (Just the same as a PC services servers), clustered organization for so called not user friendly, slow loading times (Such as how the Game Library on the 360 could take years to load. It got a bit better, but still slower than when the OS looked more plain without all the so called NXE changes), horrible DD on some, crazy point systems for DD in aims to make you spend more on a base value (PSN wise wallet limits of 5USD minimal. Yet usually it is rare to see under that value, but it happens I had to add 5USD to my wallet when the DLC for The Last Guy was 99 Cents to have left over money I couldn't use, blah), expensive DD prices with no sells hardly ever, expensive prices for a console which life time ends up being shorter than a PC, and the list goes on. Really they both have similar flaws in areas, but in the end PC's are superior in hardware and a few other areas. Meaning yes consoles are less superior computers and they struggle from similar issues just the same.

Edited by UnholyVision, 11 February 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

(Believe I am understanding you correctly) Well yeah, maybe when personal computers were nonexistent in the home and the size of your HDD alone was the size of your room. Yet even the earliest of personal computers had brilliant games all on those lovely huge floppy disks. Making even an Apple and early DOS games really keeping up with the consoles. Yet console games really did strive in advertisements wise even in the 90's. Yet you use to could still go in a store like Electronic Boutique & find hundreds of PC games all lined up and a small little console section as PC games were striving. Hell StarCraft & WarCraft shot up to the top without me even ever seeing a television advertisement.

I wasnt talking quantity. 90% of the top games of all time arent console games because there were no pc games, its because they were just better than most pc games, despite being on inferior hardware.

And this is coming from a pc gamer. I played system shock when it came out. I beat a bards tale. I STILL HAVE A RUNNING DAGGERFALL FILE (transferred it to my phone XD).

I love pc gaming, and it has many games that deserve to be on an all time list, just not nearly as many as consoles.

In fact one of the reasons im so irritated at ps360 is BECAUSE i love pc gaming, its being held back, for so very long, by the crappy little terd cling ons called the ps360, because they are being treated like crappy pc's, instead of consoles.

Edited by 3Dude, 11 February 2013 - 05:02 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

I personally think pc games are notably better then most console games. In fact the appeasing of console fans has severely hurt the quality of numerous games due to there button limitations and attempts to appease a more casual crowd. Look at Witcher 2 (made first and foremost for pc) and then compare it to Skyrim (made for consoles). No matter which one you prefer, which one is more casual and dumbed down? The answer is really inarguable Skyrim. Now with saying that I am a fan of Skyrim, but compared to Morrowind it has made the game so much less of an rpg and more of a follow the arrow.

Consoles are just pc's with hardware that gets really crap before they are replaced by the next gen. I can't see how one can argue against that. Afterall they are just computers with a custom os and nothing more.

I actually can't think of a single area where pc gaming has not been notably better then console gaming. Ease of use goes to pc, stability goes to pc, exclsuives goes to pc, quality of graphics goes to pc, modability goes to pc, number of games released and games playable goes to pc, other features (social etc) goes to pc, cost of games goes to pc (they are cheaper), control options goes to pc etc.

In fact the only are where pc's can lag behind is they have a higher initial investment cost. That's really it though. One question for anyone who disagrees, what can a console do that a pc can't do better?

Edited by PedanticGamer, 11 February 2013 - 06:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!