• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

I decided to make this thread as I have a soft spot for the Gamecube and think the console was never truly appreciated. The bad sales can confirm that.

I still use my cube to this day, it has lasted me many years and provided many years of fun.

So for any other Gamecube fans out there that wish to discuss anything from it's ergonomic and comfortable controller, it's sturdy yet cute design, it's 6th generation competiitors and how their specs compared, underrated games and if you actually play cube games only on Wii.

Something I would like to ask is what aspect ratio you prefer on an HDTV, 16:9 or 4:3? Assuming anyone else out there actually still plays this thing lol

Edited by Forza Juventus, 13 February 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#2 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

I offer you this member as a worthy sacrifice.

http://thewiiu.com/user/865-gamecube/

He owns like 20 Gamecubes.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#3 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

I cant wait to see what the Gamecube will become remake wise.

Signature_DK.png

#4 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

There were quite a few Gamecube games which supported 16:9 (most notably F-Zero GX and Soul Calibur II, unfortunately not Wind Waker), but otherwise, 4:3 is definitely the way to play them!

#5 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Meh, i liked the gamecube but it was just nothing compared to the PS2 so i didnt play it very much. I did appreciate the games that were on it in later years as i bought quite a few to play on my Wii.

#6 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Love the GC. Still play mine occasionally.

I'm still sad they never released the orange model in NA. Beautiful!

Posted Image

Edited by Crispy Bacon, 13 February 2013 - 11:21 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

I had a PS2, Gamecube and Xbox at the time, that was one of my favourite generations for sure.

#8 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

I just got 11 gamecube games for $40 off a guy at work. No scratches and all have books!

#9 Omni

Omni

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Fandom:
    metroid, zelda, pokemon, deus ex, manga

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

the gamecube was and is to this day a great console that deserved so much more attention and love. I had the best gaming experiences playing that lovely little cube that´s why i never used my Wii to play gamecube games.
"Better to Reign in hell, than serve in heaven."
-- Paradise Lost, John Milton

#10 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

I still use my Gamecube to this day, its actually my second one got it dirt cheap. I mostly play F-Zero, Paper Mario TTYD, Metroid Prime and Soul Calibur 2.

#11 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

I FREAKING LOVE THE GAMECUBE... Nintendos last good console in my opinion, although the U has a chance, it needs games first. Reason why I disliked the wii, it's just my personal dislike of motion controls. Although they did work flawlessly with SS, if every game were like that it would have been unbeatable, but it was the only one...
BACK ON TOPIC, I still play my GAMECUBE daily, especially since I've been replacing all the classics like paper mario and sunshine and half of WW before the remake was announced, and RE4 and Luigis mansio and pikmin and pikmin 2 and metroid prime 1 and 2 and mario kart double dash and super smash bros melee and star fox adventures and zelda collectors and twilight princess....... I could go on for awhile.... But I'll stop there.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#12 WreckinMachineX

WreckinMachineX

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Some of my best gaming memories came from the GC. I still believe the best games to date came out on the SNES and GC.

#13 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

GameCube is.... (no words to describe it) I love that precious work of art more than any console out there. To me it had the best design, an awesome controller, excellent graphics, and many extremely good games. I do miss the days when it still had full support, but personally, I still think the GameCube is as alive as can be. There is still great games for it I haven't played, and there is games I've already played that I still have interest in. So the GameCube will be supported by me for as long as I live. (And I'm sure that my GameCubes will continue to work that long, since they are like the most durable thing out there, lol.)

Edited by gamecube, 13 February 2013 - 03:17 PM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

I loved my GameCube, I hope we get it's games on Wii U VC.

#15 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

I was looking for the component AV cable for the Gamecube and prices are ridiculous, luckily when Wii runs cube games and is connected through component they look great.

#16 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

First post is underwhelming for a Gamecube appreciation thread.

I still own my platinum one with two platinum controllers. I enjoy playing F-Zero GX, Super Smash Bros Melee, Naruto: Clash of Ninja 4, Tales of Symphonia, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, and Viewtiful Joe in that order. There are other games I play too, but not as frequently. It was certainly a nice system, and generated some excellent first-party software output.

#17 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

I loved the Gamecude and especially the gameboy player add-on was genius and I enjoyed playing mario party 4-7,sonic adventure 1 and 2,the bomberman games and metroid prime 1 and 2.

eEG8Ies.png

#18 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

The Gamecube is horrible, it has less third party support than the Wii U.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#19 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

The Gamecube is horrible, it has less third party support than the Wii U.

Regardless, the first party games Nintendo put onto that machine were priceless. But yea, third party support was terrible.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#20 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

Regardless, the first party games Nintendo put onto that machine were priceless. But yea, third party support was terrible.

I wasn't serious with that, I love me some Gamecube; Metroid Prime is amazing. I was joking in saying it has less third party support, rather than saying 'had', since it currently has no support I was making a joke about the Wii U's support. ;)

You know it's a good joke when you have to explain it...I know it's my fault for being so ambiguous with my post but meh.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!