#21 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Eh, the touchpad is only good for browsing the interface like a laptop. It may also be good for a copy of the Ninja Star game in Nintendoland. The controller might have a sensor and Gyroscope.

#22 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

The touchpad is glossy, so I can see how people are mistaking it for a screen, but no, it's prob a touchpad.

Btw IGN published an analysis of it:

http://www.ign.com/a...oller-prototype
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#23 DragonChi

DragonChi

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Diablo and Zelda

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Not sure what to make of this yet. If it is in fact a real prototype and they roll with it.....eeep. It does NOT appeal to me. If that small thing in the center is meant to be a functional touch pad...I simply dont get what purpose it can possibly serve. I just don't. However, I will contain my ultimate opinion when I see the official thing. It is not worth getting wiled up about.

#24 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

ME: hey sis come look at the this!
SISTER(shes a big ps3 fan): Eww what is that it looks like something from the 80's!
ME: Its the ps4 controller! XD
SIS: ew

in all reality lets hope they make some cosmetic changes, but beside that it looks fine.

#25 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

We are Sony we have no gimmicks.

#26 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'm sorry, but if you're seriously going to have a touch pad in the middle of the screen, just make it a touch screen!
The touch pad on the back of the vita makes PERFECT sense, but on the front, considering what nintendo did with the gamepad, how can anyone argue that this controller makes sense over the gamepad?
And im not talking in regards to button placement or that stuff, but this is essentially a prototype vita.

#27 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Does anyone know what sort of functionality the PS4 controller will have? Is it a touchpad, (single, multi, gestures?) Even a startup company has a better looking prototype.... OUYA.

Posted Image

It looks like a cheap tiger electronic toy. What do you expect for a $100 game system?

***UPDATE***
This is the final design for the PS4 controller.
Posted Image

Signature_DK.png

#28 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

It looks like a cheap tiger electronic toy. What do you expect for a $100 game system?

***UPDATE***
This is the final design for the PS4 controller.
Posted Image

Hehe. My comment and picture regarding the OUYA controller was just to point out how OUYA, a brand new Kickstarter Company has a nice looking prototype even compared to the PS4 prototype offered by SONY which has been in the business much, much longer.

Obviously final versions will be polished, and fine-tuned but it's still quite amazing to me. Since reports are the PS4 controller is similar to a laptop touchpad, it's very similar to OUYA's, although there is only a single touch input on theirs.

Functionality will be the important factor regarding the touchpad. The move sensor in the PS4 controller makes total sense. I still think the Wii U game pad outshines in innovation thus far in the coming 8th generation.

By the way, here is the retail version of the OUYA controller, not bad.
http://techgage.com/...and_Gamepad.jpg

Edited by Sorceror12, 14 February 2013 - 06:28 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#29 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Sony saying its a touch pad to minimize the negative reception to the fact that it is indeed a touch screen. And a rip off the wii u.

#30 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

It looks fine if it aint broke and all that,its a touchpad not a screen same as the back of a vita.NO it doesnt copy anything from nintendo (even if like 80% of the posters here are making it out that way.)People are also missing out on the one revolutionary new feature it has.It uses a special system called relations with third parties to ensure that the biggest third party games can all be played using it.Looks like what I will be playing bf4 on this time next year hopefully.Going to give sony another chance,not just based on the controller but the tech itself.Wont be pleased if europe shunted too far back for release of this thing
Posted Image

#31 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:03 AM

In the light of the hype surrounding Sony and its imminent PS4 announcement, the Nintendo direct came unnoticed. Hehe.

Edited by Gnomishek, 15 February 2013 - 04:03 AM.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#32 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#33 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

Posted Image

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#34 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

How exactly will this touch pad be innovative? I struggle to find any amazing sort of interesting use for it.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#35 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

This prototype has no "share" button on it. What IGN is calling the "share" button is actually the select button. In this picture you can see much better that there is another button next to the touchpad on the top right which is the start button.

Posted Image

Edited by Cerberuz, 15 February 2013 - 08:38 AM.

LordPickleton.png

#36 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

This prototype has no "share" button on it. What IGN is calling the "share" button is actually the select button. In this picture you can see much better that there is another button next to the touchpad on the top right which is the start button.

Posted Image

where did u get this other pic?!?! R u a secret developer? lol

EDIT: Never mind, its been published by a bunch of other sites

Edited by EVO, 15 February 2013 - 09:18 AM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#37 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

Just came to post that new pic. I think it looks better here, but I'm still not sold on the touchpad. The 20th will be an interesting day. Looking forward to it.
Posted Image

#38 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Update:

From SquishyMuffin

The triggers are much more similar to the Xbox 360 'springy' triggers. That's a microphone (similar to VITA, Wii U) and that is also a headset port. Touch screen is resistive display, single touch, used for battery levels, friend lists, mini u.i blah blah. Taken a while ago, only had access to it via someone else.

Edited by Cerberuz, 15 February 2013 - 06:02 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#39 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Posted Image

I like their other controller idea

The "Playstation Eyepad"

Sony be trolling Apple :P

#40 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Okay, Sony is SOOOOO original. This is a leaked PS4 controller prototype.
Posted Image
so as you could see, this is an original *rehashed* dual shock controller with a new *stolen* feature. a touchscreen. :0 WOW! SO ORIGINAL AND AMAZING!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!