Photo

eShop options for releases in bundled with hardware/software at retail?

Wii Fit Disney Infinity Skylanders

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

Okay so my question is how will Nintendo handle digital purchases of games released in hardware/software bundles at retail? Such as Wii Fit U, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders games.

For instance the Wii Fit U is suppose to bundled with a pedometer and I would assume a balance board, and Infinity and Skylands require their portals and additional figurines which it seems standard of 3 being included with the games.

So being that all Wii U releases are suppose to available digitally (please correct me if I am wrong) what kind of purchase options will be made available? Has anyone heard? Also there is one Skylnders game out anyone know how it was sold? Cold you buy the portal seperate if so did it still include the three figurines? I have yet to get my Wii U (Hopefully Monday or Tuesday!) so I have not bee on Wii U eShop was Skylanders on there?

Personally I have held off on Skylanders as it is a money trap (though a very intriguing one) but the Disney fan inside me probably will pull me right into the Infinity money pit. And I am definitley going to getting Wii Fit U, but would prefer these through eShop purchase plus I like many people already have a balance board. Wii Fit U especially would be convent as a digital version so you could have quick and easy access to it at anytime. And am hoping to get to of the pedometers one for me and my wife so we can compete daily to push each other.

So if anyone has any info or speculation please share, I really think they need to handle these type of situations well to push digital adoption.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

You go out and buy the peripherals.

Just like it's been the past 20 years when games launched with peripherals.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

Once everyone has a 3D printer or access to one. All you will have to do is buy and 3D print the peripherals from home.

Edited by Cerberuz, 03 March 2013 - 08:49 AM.

LordPickleton.png

#4 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

Games with additional peripherals will not be available on the eShop. But one exception was the launch title Sing Party. The game was made available on the eShop, but only due to the fact that Nintendo themselves were officially selling extra microphones for the game. But Skylanders and Disney Infinity don't have any other official ways to get their peripherals. Activision and Disney will not be selling extra portal devices. And since there's no way to get them besides buying the game, they will stay retail only. As for Wii Fit U, I'm not sure. Nintendo could always sell additional pedometers, for those who own the original Wii Fit/Plus and plan on buying Wii Fit U digitally.

#5 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Thanks Bolbi, I was wandering if that was the case as I have not been able to track down anyway to buy Skylanders portal without game included (other than 2nd hand off course) which personally for Infinity I would still like to buy digitally, but retail will have to do. But as for Wii Fit U I really want it via digital, just bcause I will hopefully be using it on daily basis.

#6 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

Some of the third party launch games are retail only as well.  I'd have already bought BLOPS2 if it was available.

#7 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

Some of the third party launch games are retail only as well.  I'd have already bought BLOPS2 if it was available.

That's too bad I really thought all the Wii U games were going to be available as download from the eShop. Will have to explore it tomorrow, when my Wii U gets here. I am hoping to get NSMBU and Arkham City from eShop hopefully it's available.

#8 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

That's too bad I really thought all the Wii U games were going to be available as download from the eShop. Will have to explore it tomorrow, when my Wii U gets here. I am hoping to get NSMBU and Arkham City from eShop hopefully it's available.

NSMBU is digital, I think batman may only be retail.  I honestly can't remember.

#9 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

I guess retail will be cheaper in the long run I just prefer digital as it seems more likely to carry on to next system, at least that is what
I thought until Sony threw backwards comparability (Digital and disc based) out the window on the PS4.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii Fit, Disney Infinity, Skylanders

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!