Photo

Would you play on a Wii U Forums Minecraft server?

Minecraft Azuras Wii U Forums

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#81 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

Makes sense to have this. What will be the number of the people who can be online at the same time?

As many as 512 MB of RAM can comfortably take. Could be anywhere from 5 to 50 - we'll have to actually start playing to see how much the server can actually take without compromising my sites.

#82 D.player

D.player

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    Megaman Zero

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:53 AM

Can i play? I can't help monetarily, but I'm on constantly so I could be kind of a noob guide

#83 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

Can i play? I can't help monetarily, but I'm on constantly so I could be kind of a noob guide

It should open sometime after the 1.8 update, that's all details Feld0 has given so far...

#84 D.player

D.player

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    Megaman Zero

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:45 PM

It should open sometime after the 1.8 update, that's all details Feld0 has given so far...

Cool, my old server(s) shut down so I'm stuck in server limbo :/
I wanna build, but can't due to fear of losing my creations
I want a good, permanent server to build on before i start a new project

Oh, btw before the server goes up we need to compile a list of server-wide rules. My ideas are:
1: PVP is allowed, but destroying other players' buildings is banned.
2: No item spawning/ asking to be admins
(3:) what are your thoughts on looting (raiding people's chests for stuff)?

Another thing we need is a mods list
Aether would be cool, and I would like planes, more mobs/items/stackables, runecraft, Iconomy, and some building protection program

also we should put links to the mods' pages for recipes

We also should have players be able to access;
List of players online
/home and /sethome
and /spawn

#85 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:06 PM

Oh, btw before the server goes up we need to compile a list of server-wide rules. My ideas are:

Aether would be cool, and I would like planes, more mobs/items/stackables, runecraft, Iconomy, and some building protection program

List of players online
/home and /sethome
and /spawn

I'm sure feld0 has everything planned out, just wait for him to reveal what he has...

Also, he has a griever protection and I think you should get into contact with him over PM.

Feld0=TwilightSparkle=Admin and owner of this forum

Talk to him...
I'm sure he can tell you some good things :D

#86 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:06 PM

List of players online
/home and /sethome
and /spawn

Actually, Feld0 and myself already have somewhat of a system set up D.Player. I'm the person who's going to be watching over the server as a mod. Also, we already have an idea of which mods.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#87 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:36 PM

List of players online
/home and /sethome
and /spawn

I have no plans to shut down the server after I start it, so you can rest assured it'll be up for a while. However, if I am forced to shut it down and cease its operations for whatever reason, I will provide a complete backup of the world to everyone who was part of it. You'll be able to import the backup into the single-player game afterwards.

I'm planning to use the official Minecraft server application for this, as I understand it will provide an official alternative to Craftbukkit and hMod, which provide mods as modular plugins. But we may need to wait a little after 1.8 comes out to see what mods will be available for it. And of course, the server will not go public until I'm absolutely sure I can make it griefer-proof. Currently, I have a setup that backs the world up every 30 minutes, along with a Craftbukkit plugin that logs every block change into a database, and lets ops roll stuff back at will.

To respond to your suggested rules:

1) No PvP. We want to have a cooperative atmosphere where we all work together to do awesome things. Griefing is a ban-worthy offense no matter what.
2) Goes without saying. It'll be a survival server, so item spawning is a big no-no. Asking to be an admin would also most likely be a way to guarantee you'll never be one.
3) Looting should be an offense. However, a cooperative communal atmosphere may largely help in keeping it down.

#88 D.player

D.player

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    Megaman Zero

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:53 AM

Actually, Feld0 and myself already have somewhat of a system set up D.Player. I'm the person who's going to be watching over the server as a mod. Also, we already have an idea of which mods.

If you ever need a hand adminin I'll be glad to help :)

I have no plans to shut down the server after I start it, so you can rest assured it'll be up for a while. However, if I am forced to shut it down and cease its operations for whatever reason, I will provide a complete backup of the world to everyone who was part of it. You'll be able to import the backup into the single-player game afterwards.

I'm planning to use the official Minecraft server application for this, as I understand it will provide an official alternative to Craftbukkit and hMod, which provide mods as modular plugins. But we may need to wait a little after 1.8 comes out to see what mods will be available for it. And of course, the server will not go public until I'm absolutely sure I can make it griefer-proof. Currently, I have a setup that backs the world up every 30 minutes, along with a Craftbukkit plugin that logs every block change into a database, and lets ops roll stuff back at will.

To respond to your suggested rules:

1) No PvP. We want to have a cooperative atmosphere where we all work together to do awesome things. Griefing is a ban-worthy offense no matter what.
2) Goes without saying. It'll be a survival server, so item spawning is a big no-no. Asking to be an admin would also most likely be a way to guarantee you'll never be one.
3) Looting should be an offense. However, a cooperative communal atmosphere may largely help in keeping it down.

We should have places where pvp is allowed, like an arena or something

#89 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:45 AM

If you ever need a hand adminin I'll be glad to help :)

We should have places where pvp is allowed, like an arena or something

I really disagree with PVP. the server is meant to be cooperative as Feld0 said, and that would really just destroy it. Plus, what's to prevent Griefers from going and killing people outside?

Edited by Atsuro Kihara, 08 September 2011 - 04:45 AM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

#90 Makar

Makar

Grand Curator of Random Facts

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pikmin, Tales of..

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:06 AM

I really disagree with PVP. the server is meant to be cooperative as Feld0 said, and that would really just destroy it. Plus, what's to prevent Griefers from going and killing people outside?

You can get plugins that only allow PVP in certain areas, I assume it's what he meant. I think it'd be fun with the new 1.8 combat update to have an arena, only if they're are diverse hiding spots etc not just a big circle to attack in It'd be awesome to have big archery towers to use the bow from etc. I'd be happy to build it.
Posted Image

#91 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:36 AM

Well still , it would still go against the very basics of a co-op sever. Plus, what happens when some accidently into the PvP zone? that's an issue that would be hard to pin down who was to blame.

Posted using my 3DS.

Edited by Atsuro Kihara, 08 September 2011 - 06:38 AM.

#92 Makar

Makar

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:39 AM

Well still , it would still go against the very basics of a co-op sever. Plus, what happens when some accidently into the PvP zone? that's an issue that would be hard to pin down who was to blame.
Posted using my 3DS.

By PVP zone, I meant an arena, who accidentally wonders into an arena. If it was to be an entire area it would have to be walled off,the plug in I'm thinking of it pops up and says "You are now entering PVP zone" It'll never happen anyway.
Posted Image

#93 D.player

D.player

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    Megaman Zero

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

Good, you people understand what i meant by arena

also, could we have admin made dungeons?

#94 Makar

Makar

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:35 AM

I like this idea as well, although there will be new dungeons in the 1.8 patch, like strongholds and I'm sure there is a plug in to increase the spawning rate of dungeons.
As I said before I like this idea although I'd like to tweak it a little.

I'd love to see the TAKE 'EM ALL ON CHALLENGE!
Basically a huge tower, (admin made) that on each floor has a few mob spawners and then when you reach the top you get... A pat on the back.
Posted Image

#95 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:44 AM

Good, you people understand what i meant by arena

I've been considering giving the server ops something to do with their ability to give themselves infinite items. Dungeons sound like an interesting idea, though 1.8 makes a lot of improvements in the exploration of the game, so we should wait and see how that turns out.

But I was considering assigning ops to go out and build landmarks out in the world for the other players to discover. So, we could be building a new railway link to somewhere and we run into a giant statue of the Wii U or something.

However, if any of that happens, ops will still not be allowed to spawn items for themselves while not building something for the other players.

#96 Makar

Makar

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

But I was considering assigning ops to go out and build landmarks out in the world for the other players to discover.

Landmarks you say 'ey?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#97 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

Well, with all of this info I can't wait for the server :D

#98 D.player

D.player

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    Megaman Zero

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:36 PM

I may not be that profound here, but I'm trustworthy and would love an op status :D

#99 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:03 PM

I may not be that profound here, but I'm trustworthy and would love an op status :D

Since I'll be managing the server, I'll see if I need an op. Considering that server shouldn't be that big(10-20)people on at a time, I'm really thinking I shouldn't need help, unless if it's with building

#100 D.player

D.player

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    Megaman Zero

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:33 PM

Since I'll be managing the server, I'll see if I need an op. Considering that server shouldn't be that big(10-20)people on at a time, I'm really thinking I shouldn't need help, unless if it's with building

I enjoy building, and i play plenty

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Minecraft, Azuras, Wii U Forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!