Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

I don't think it has to be. It's just a game.
People trying to copy neogaf, etc. just makes discussing a game a chore or something for elites.
Of course I'm not saying the thread maker can post a contentless post, that's covered by existing rules.

By fairly informative, I meant maybe give a small description/date released/system released/etc.

Not like a novel or nothin. :P

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#22 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

or guys as Canadians would say.

Im not your guy, Friend

#23 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

Maybe if people didn't try too hard with their lame fads, the members would take to this place more seriously. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#24 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

Maybe if people didn't try too hard with their lame fads, the members would take to this place more seriously.

THANK YOU!

#25 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:29 AM

What do you mean by their lame fads? The Dante thing?

I...somehow doubt we'll get a massive influx of new members come early 2014, but we'll see.

Why not? Wouldn't you expect a forum about a games console to get more members when the games console gets more popular?

And also the chat "ain't never gonna happen" is a double negative, so are you saying it's possible? :P

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#26 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:14 AM

R00bot, on 13 Nov 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:
Why not? Wouldn't you expect a forum about a games console to get more members when the games console gets more popular?

And also the chat "ain't never gonna happen" is a double negative, so are you saying it's possible? :P

Those casuals go on miiverse.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#27 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:37 AM

Well Mourn said it's possible, so it's possible :P

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#28 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:59 AM

Cookie Cutter, that stupid Shriek fad,  etc

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#29 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

Cookie Cutter, that stupid Shriek fad,  etc

By your definition, MLP would just be a fad as well, and you can see how well that went for feldo.

These things aren't really fads, they're when members try to be funny when they take no effort to post memes here.  Shrek is annoyingly popular on youtube.  Cookie clicker was annoyingly popular everywhere.

The recent dante thing didn't start out as a fad.  I decided to have a laugh at messing around, until a few people decided to run with it and turn it into what you would call a fad.

It's not the "fads" themselves, but the maturity of the users here.  It's one of the reasons chat went away and why the RP forums game section is trash (I have already named people several times who trashed it out before).

#30 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

Oooookay. Prepare to possibly be offended.

So, when I first joined this site, everybody seemed pretty cool. No overreacting, no hating, no (well, not much) immaturity... Of course, that could just be because I didn't pay as much attention back then as I do now.

Then chat got removed. I don't know what happened, as I wasn't really a huge part of the whole chat thing, but people were mad. So many problems happened in the course of a few months. Feld0 basically abandoned the place, all the other mods and admins disappeared, the whole SpamBot war, the forums breaking as a result of Poniverse... One thing led to another until everybody started hating on Feld0. It didn't stop at Feld0, though. Oh, no. Nintendo haters started to appear. The Nintendo lovers would bash on them (me included, sorry D:), and it all eventually led to everybody constantly being sarcastic and insulting each other for no reason. I like to think that I kept myself above it all, but I spouted my share of sarcasm, too. ...Anyways... Then some users (I won't name any names) started to abuse their ability to work around the rules and filters of the site. Signatures were filled with insults (indirect, I'll give you that, but insults) directed at users, Feld0, and the state of the whole forums alike.

So that's basically where things stand today, or that's how I see it...

As for how we can fix it, I have no idea, other than essentially performing a hard reset on the site, erasing all members, posts, everything, and then letting the userbase slowly fill back up with those of us that still want to be a part of the site. It's a crazy idea, but it's really the only way to clear out all the filth that exists here.

Of course, there would have to be a new set of RULES to keep this ordeal from repeating itself. No swearing (white swearing could be tolerated, but come on, this is a website for discussing a Nintendo console. Kids are bound to show up.), no innuendo, no hating/insulting (of course, arguing would have to be allowed; the whole purpose of the forums is kind of to discuss and debate things about the Wii U), etc. And we, the users, would have to have the responsibility of reporting any posts/members that broke these rules.

But ultimately, we have to stop hating each other. We'll never get anywhere if the whole of the forums is pitted against itself in a battle of insults and superiority. Over on the MLP Forums (please don't hate me for mentioning its name here), people rarely have a real disliking for each other. Of course there's some playful banter and teasing between members, but not so much outright and sincere hostility as there is here. It could just be that there's so many members there that I just don't notice it, I suppose, but that doesn't change the fact that these types of thing do happen here.

I know you said not to say "let's ban so and so", but there are a few troublemakers here, and I'm not saying they need to be banned, but they should be at least warned. Possibly punished in some way. They just need to be told that if they don't get their act together, there will be blood consequences.

Anyways, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it! :P

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#31 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

This place was booming during E3 yet the staff failed to capitalize on the success. There's not much we can do and just hope for the best. Since we're a very different family.

Edited by ZINIXS BABY MAMA, 13 November 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#32 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

It's not the "fads" themselves, but the maturity of the users here.  

You can't exactly expect too much maturity on a Wii U forum run by a guy that favours his my little pony forum.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#33 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

You can't exactly expect too much maturity on a Wii U forum run by a guy that favours his my little pony forum.

Exactly. 

He came here the other day, advertised, and gave us the finger and left. 

#34 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'm sure at the end of this whole ordeal, I can imagine two possible endings:

1.) Feld0 closes the site without warning, or if he's generous, warns us ahead of time that we're not worth it.

B.) Feld0 auctions the site off and we become someone else's problem.

6.) Feld0 lets Mournblade make a decision before the inevitable quitting.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#35 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

OR. 

We could turn this dump around by posting.

That's a possibiity. 

#36 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

Zinix, i hope you know that was just Big Boss impersonating him...

See, this is why we can't have nice things. Everybody has this predisposition to hate Feld0 (and each other), and these "gags," "fads," whatever you want to call them, aren't helping. The only way to fix the mess is for everybody to stop hating each other. Have a good attitude, and let it show through your posts/statuses/what-have-you.

#37 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

MatrixChicken, on 14 Nov 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:
Zinix, i hope you know that was just Big Boss impersonating him...

See, this is why we can't have nice things. Everybody has this predisposition to hate Feld0 (and each other), and these "gags," "fads," whatever you want to call them, aren't helping. The only way to fix the mess is for everybody to stop hating each other. Have a good attitude, and let it show through your posts/statuses/what-have-you.

You're Wrong.
Surely if someone was pretending to be a member of forum staff, they'd be banned right away?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#38 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

You're Wrong.
Surely if someone was pretending to be a member of forum staff, they'd be banned right away?

See, this is the problem right here. I genuinely can't tell if you seriously don't believe me that it was an imposter, or if you're just being sarcastic. We need to be honest with each other when it comes to serious discussions like this.

And to answer your question, that's why I said we need new rules. Why did Big Boss impersonate Feld0? To make fun of him. If people here weren't so hostile towards each other and Feld0, that type of thing wouldn't happen.

#39 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

You're Wrong.

I changed his name because I thought he knew better.

#40 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

MatrixChicken, on 14 Nov 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:
See, this is the problem right here. I genuinely can't tell if you seriously don't believe me that it was an imposter, or if you're just being sarcastic. We need to be honest with each other when it comes to serious discussions like this.

And to answer your question, that's why I said we need new rules. Why did Big Boss impersonate Feld0? To make fun of him. If people here weren't so hostile towards each other and Feld0, that type of thing wouldn't happen.

I didn't realise ridicule was allowed in the rules, I remember reading that rule back when it was wii2boards and thinking it was weird but okay.
Did someone remove it?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U Forums, 2014, Jigglypuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!