Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Look at Feld0's comment about the chatroom http://thewiiu.com/t...e-4#entry180940

We must act mature in the chat to prevent it's demise. If the chat falls I can bet you money we will lose several active forum members. I already talked to a few and they agree. 

Edited by Saturn, 09 March 2013 - 11:46 AM.

Signature_DK.png

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

I really don't think people will realize until it's too late, that's usually the way things go.

#3 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

I really don't think people will realize until it's too late, that's usually the way things go.

FireJonie and Chaos agree with me. I know the forums are the sites purpose but we still would lose several avid forum members as wee including me. The fact is confirmed because I talked to people already about it.

Signature_DK.png

#4 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Supported! 100% :)

#5 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

Okay, so no swearing right?

86c.gif

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

You have no position of authority here.

I will now report you for backseat moderating.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

And how about some actual discussions while we're at it?

#8 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

And how about some actual discussions while we're at it?

You have actual discussions, they're just a little

Spoiler

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

You have no position of authority here.

I will now report you for backseat moderating.

Oh, the irony.

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Oh, the irony.

That's sexist.

I don't do the ironing!

I wanted him to know why I was reporting him just this once, as I fail to see the moderators doing it as he's been doing it for the past two weeks.

The mods can tell you exactly how little I comment on the things I report if you feel like asking them.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

You have actual discussions, they're just a little

Spoiler

You know what I mean.

#12 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

You know what I mean.

I know. Off Topic : When does "The Walking Blake" Premiere?

#13 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

You know what I mean.

What kind of convo would you like Blake, keep in mind this is a gaming forum. 

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

Tbh I wouldn't mind the chatroom being removed.

It's nothing but gossip, drama, and annoying chatter now.  I haven't been active in the chat for weeks now, I don't plan on too neither.  Of course it's ultimately up to Feld0 and the staff of this site to remove it or not. Their opinions outweigh the members of this site.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#15 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Look at Feld0's comment about the chatroom http://thewiiu.com/t...e-4#entry180940

We must act mature in the chat to prevent it's demise. If the chat falls I can bet you money we will lose several active forum members. I already talked to a few and they agree. 

Feldo has expressed his opinions on the chat and its moderation several times now.  This site's focus isn't the chat and if the users are not responsible enough to use the chat, they will probably be warned or chatbanned.  It is up to feldo if he wants to keep the chat and the trouble it causes.

You really can't dictate how the users here should act in response to feldo's post.  If people cannot use the chat responsibly and break the rules, you report them and their consequences will follow; they aren't supposed to get away free if they are causing problems.  If users are here only for the chat, there really isn't a point to it being a WiiU forums chat in the first place, as any unofficial/user chat could make up for it.  If users here are active and use the chat, I see no reason why they should stop using the forums just because they can't use an official chat.

I go into chat every now and then just to make sure people don't go too far, but I can't stick around in there all day.  The problems come up with IP Board's chat system, mods having to be in chat to kick or ban, the admins having to read the logs and ban/unban, and the length of time between an action and its punishment.

The removal of the chat might actually save the RP/Games section.  The RP/Forum Games section has been changed from what it was originally intended to be, into a section for spam and chat jokes.

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

Feldo has expressed his opinions on the chat and its moderation several times now.  This site's focus isn't the chat and if the users are not responsible enough to use the chat, they will probably be warned or chatbanned.  It is up to feldo if he wants to keep the chat and the trouble it causes.

You really can't dictate how the users here should act in response to feldo's post.  If people cannot use the chat responsibly and break the rules, you report them and their consequences will follow; they aren't supposed to get away free if they are causing problems.  If users are here only for the chat, there really isn't a point to it being a WiiU forums chat in the first place, as any unofficial/user chat could make up for it.  If users here are active and use the chat, I see no reason why they should stop using the forums just because they can't use an official chat.

I go into chat every now and then just to make sure people go too far, but I can't stick around in there all day.  The problems come up with IP Board's chat system, mods having to be in chat to kick or ban, the admins having to read the logs and ban/unban, and the length of time between an action and its punishment.

The removal of the chat might actually save the RP/Games section.  The RP/Forum Games section has been changed from what it was originally intended to be, into a section for spam and chat jokes.

Who gives a crap about the RPG section and it's so irrelevant anyway. I already rounded up a group of avid forum users that agree with me and will head off to 3DSF if you remove the chat. I'm not trying to warn/dictate the mods/admins I'm just telling you the way it is.

Signature_DK.png

#17 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

Who gives a crap about the RPG section and it's so irrelevant anyway. I already rounded up a group of avid forum users that agree with me and will head off to 3DSF if you remove the chat. I'm not trying to warn/dictate the mods/admins I'm just telling you the way it is.

So if feldo got rid of chat, you will make everyone go to 3DSF, where they will all be chatbanned for the way they already act in chat?  I'm sorry if I'm not able to take this seriously.

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

I go into chat every now and then just to make sure people go too far, but I can't stick around in there all day.  The problems come up with IP Board's chat system, mods having to be in chat to kick or ban, the admins having to read the logs and ban/unban, and the length of time between an action and its punishment.

So you're the one causing all these problems!

You guys and your exclusive groups.
Enjoy your pegasus generator jokes and menstrual talk with moderators over there.
Be careful not to express an opinion on a game in front of a moderator though, lolkh.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

So if feldo got rid of chat, you will make everyone go to 3DSF, where they will all be chatbanned for the way they already act in chat?  I'm sorry if I'm not able to take this seriously.

Maybe not 3DSF but somewhere else. BTW I have nothing to do with them leaving I'm just saying how they feel too.

So you're the one causing all these problems!
 You guys and your exclusive groups.
Enjoy your pegasus generator jokes and menstrual talk with moderators over there.
Be careful not to express an opinion on a game in front of a moderator though, lolkh.

We will stop those jokes if they give us a chance.

Signature_DK.png

#20 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Maybe not 3DSF but somewhere else. BTW I have nothing to do with them leaving I'm just saying how they feel too.

If users are here only for the chat, there really isn't a point to it being a WiiU forums chat in the first place, as any unofficial/user chat could make up for it.  If users here are active and use the chat, I see no reason why they should stop using the forums just because they can't use an official chat.

Again, a forum site's focus is the forums, not a chatroom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!